You may also like

Rate Dr. E A Plewes

Dr. E A Plewes's Ratings

This doctor seems incapable of accepting responsibility for his errors in surgery thst left me with permanent spinal damage caused by an infection he refused to even consider being there instead only showing arrogant unconcern foe voiced complaints and discharging after bowel surgery before any sign the bowel was working. Now I have permanent spinal damage that will affect me the rest of my life. In fact at one point I mentioned very bad chest pain from which he said that perhaps that is good as maybe gas will start to move when in fact I had classic signs of discitis he preferred to dismiss as a neurosis or some rediculous thIng. Thanks to this man my life has changed forever. I wouldn't let this man touch me never mind operate. Offer an apology as is due? Fat chance. This so called doctor should be disciplined instead of letting him go on with the same exceedingly poor attitude and disregard for his patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2814962].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

Dr. Plewes has been my doctor for only a few years and all of my visits have been very honest and to the point. He is very good at his craft and my appointments and surgery at the Royal Alex have all gone very smoothly and feel I was treated with great care.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2745681].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 10, 2015

Dr. Plewes is the best Dr.I have ever met! He is friendly, polite, very knowledgeable. He takes his time to explain surgical procedure. No "sugar coating" lets you know about any potential risks. He truly makes you feel like you are more than just a patient. He performed major surgery on me, and he did an excellent job! He had a wonderful bedside manner. I wouldn't hesitate to ask for him if I was to ever need surgery again.
I would highly recommend Dr. Plewes to anyone looking for a highly skilled surgeon.
The only negative I can say is, his secretary needs to brush up a bit on her people skills. She always seems somewhat cranky! A friendlier tone and perhaps a smile now and then would be nice!

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2708086].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2015

I agree with the comment below, the doctors office staff seemed cold and almost disturbed by my calling in. While I've not had the operation yet, will be a couple of weeks from now, I'm somewhat put off by his staff. I hope that he can do something about this as it reflects poorly on him.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2692661].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 21, 2015

Dr. Plewes is very direct and honest which I appreciate. Three surgeries all with excellent results. office staff somewhat short and uncaring. Still fantastic doctor.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2676467].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 8, 2015

One of the most efficient, practical, honest, and helpful Doctors I've ever had, surgery was a breeze, healing was much better than expected, and my home care nurses where amazed at his work and precision. Even in the follow up appointments, he had had genuine concern and empathy making sure everything was perfect before letting me go.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2455520].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

A very catiously optimistic doctor. Three surgeries performed by Dr. Plewes...all with excellent results. Trust him completely!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1838405].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2014

Truly the best! I concur with much of what has been said here already. Dr. Plewes operated on me to repair a fistula between my colon and bladder, and also to resection my colon. I found him to be exceptionally professional, knowledgable, and pragmatic in my pre-op and days following the surgery. He tells it like it is, doesn't sugar coat possible complications, is open to questions, and is polite and cordial. I left his office after the first consultation feeling very confident about a major surgery. As mentioned, it's obvious that his co-workers hold the man in high esteem; he is as skilled as they come, and it is obvious the respect he garners from those around him. I can't thank the man enough, and I HIGHLY recommend you seek him out if you are facing surgery. You will not be disappointed! Overall, an EXCELLENT physician, asset to his field, and a blessing to patients.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1838404].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2013

I have been seeing Dr Plewes since 2004 when he performed my first surgery for a prolapse, he has continued to monitor my situation as well as performed several other procedures. He has always been very helpful and understanding. He answers every question completely and honestly. Having more then one health issue whenever I mention his name to other doctors they have nothing but praise for him as well.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1838403].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 5, 2012

I found Dr. Plewes very helpful & knowledgable when I went to him for surgery. I was very nervous and concerned and he showed great patience, concern and understanding for my situation. I was facing a surgery and the possibility of a very serious surgery and Dr. Plewes made me feel that he cared about what I was goig through.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1838402].votes_count ]]