Rate Dr. E A Plewes

Dr. E A Plewes's Ratings

One of the most efficient, practical, honest, and helpful Doctors I've ever had, surgery was a breeze, healing was much better than expected, and my home care nurses where amazed at his work and precision. Even in the follow up appointments, he had had genuine concern and empathy making sure everything was perfect before letting me go.

Submitted June 16, 2014 | flag

A very catiously optimistic doctor. Three surgeries performed by Dr. Plewes...all with excellent results. Trust him completely!!!

Submitted Jan. 2, 2014 | flag

Truly the best! I concur with much of what has been said here already. Dr. Plewes operated on me to repair a fistula between my colon and bladder, and also to resection my colon. I found him to be exceptionally professional, knowledgable, and pragmatic in my pre-op and days following the surgery. He tells it like it is, doesn't sugar coat possible complications, is open to questions, and is polite and cordial. I left his office after the first consultation feeling very confident about a major surgery. As mentioned, it's obvious that his co-workers hold the man in high esteem; he is as skilled as they come, and it is obvious the respect he garners from those around him. I can't thank the man enough, and I HIGHLY recommend you seek him out if you are facing surgery. You will not be disappointed! Overall, an EXCELLENT physician, asset to his field, and a blessing to patients.

Submitted Nov. 15, 2013 | flag

I have been seeing Dr Plewes since 2004 when he performed my first surgery for a prolapse, he has continued to monitor my situation as well as performed several other procedures. He has always been very helpful and understanding. He answers every question completely and honestly. Having more then one health issue whenever I mention his name to other doctors they have nothing but praise for him as well.

Submitted Nov. 5, 2012 | flag

I found Dr. Plewes very helpful & knowledgable when I went to him for surgery. I was very nervous and concerned and he showed great patience, concern and understanding for my situation. I was facing a surgery and the possibility of a very serious surgery and Dr. Plewes made me feel that he cared about what I was goig through.

Submitted Feb. 22, 2012 | flag

Dr. Plewes is a truly outstanding surgeon. His skill is legendary (the cancer docs all believe he is the best colorectal surgeon by far). My surgery for rectal cancer went very smoothly and I avoided a permanent colostomy in spite of having a very low probability of doing so. I experienced no complications post surgery, with the LAR or reversal. He was kind, considerate, took time to explain the treatment plan and addressed my considerable fears. He is a true blessing to us in Alberta.

Submitted Feb. 16, 2012 | flag

excellent surgeon, dedicated, knowledgable, wish they wouldn't work him so hard though(he's very busy)

Submitted Jan. 17, 2012 | flag

I will never forget how Dr. Plewes apologized several times throughout the colonscopy he gave me for the MINIMAL discomfort it was causing. He is a thoughtful, kind and gentle man. As my surgeon he was very well-spoken, took the time to answer all my questions and was conservative in his treatment-never doing more than was necessary. He explains exactly what he did and then goes above and beyond to explain why certain judgement calls were made. He was meticulous and incredibly careful, not discharging me until he was 100% sure everything was in working order. A wonderful surgeon that I have come to trust very much.

Submitted Aug. 18, 2011 | flag

I'm not surprised that across the board Dr Plewes has received all happy faces!! An amazing surgeon with a wealth of knowledge. The interns who learn from him are so lucky!! I've witnessed how through he is when explaining procedures and he is so patient. An all round amazing Doctor!!

Submitted June 14, 2011 | flag

Had stage 3 colon cancer - 2 tumors one at each end of colon. operated June 19/09, asked Dr. Plewes to try and save upper part and he did. pre operation prep and care excellent. explained procedure and what to expect after. Post operative care at R.A. The RN'S where my Angels. Follow up with colonoscope where gentle, needed no medication, watched procedure, and drove home. Cross experience not so great, however, pronounced cancer FREE June 14/10. No complications, no medication, am Active, feel great. Highly recomended.

Submitted Feb. 6, 2011 | flag