Dr. Andrew Crichton

Dr. Andrew Crichton

Rate Dr. Andrew Crichton

Dr. Andrew Crichton's Ratings

This Docter practises assembly line medicine. Patients are in and out of his office with as little interaction as possible between him and his patients. He is not interested in answering questions regarding treatment, conditions, nor educating patients regarding glaucoma. He had a condescending attitude and asked if I ever used the internet because I should just research glaucoma on my own time. Well, I do use the internet especially review of service sites! And Dr Crichton does not get a very good review! Suggestions: place tv screens in office with large print giving info about glaucoma, have staff email info to patients about glaucoma, treatments available, have tech staff talk to patients about treatments. Take a course on Docter / patient communication, take a break and think about what practicing medicine should look like and how you can improve your performance. I can't comment on his knowledge or professional skills because we didn't see them.

Submitted April 23, 2014 | flag

Highly competent with poor "bedside" manner. Heather, his assistant, however more that compensates with her knowledge, patience and compassion. I recommend Dr. Creighton, but do not feel comfortable addressing my concerns with hom.

Submitted Dec. 21, 2013 | flag

Doctor C. has been my eye doctor for over 20 years, & every year there seems to be more people in his waiting room. Some of the people have not taken the care to look after there eye sight, & some people just taken thier eye sight for granted. When the people check in at the front desk, ask the questions ( ie: sun glass, a driver for them, or any other none medical questions you have ). Remember people, there are 10 people behind you to see the Doctor C.. I ask, what are the pressures in my eyes, is there any thing I can do to protect my eyes? Doctor C, may not be the most talkative, but he knows what he is doing & he is one of the best eye doctors in Canada.

Submitted Nov. 20, 2013 | flag

Quite simply, Dr. Crichton saved what little vision I had due to glaucoma. With me, he has always been patient, thorough and genuinely concerned with my not only my eyesight, but also my overall well-being. He has performed seven surgeries and modified my eye drop regimen to keep my interocular pressure under control and allow me to retain what little vision I have remaining. In 1998, a different ophthalmologist told me that I would be totally blind by the year 2000. Well, it's 2013 and while my visual field has deteriorated, Dr. Crichton has worked wonders to save what little visual field I still retain. Also, I have found his staff to always be professional and courteous at all times. He runs a very busy clinic and spends time with patients so he can be a bit late, but this is really a matter of priority and is completely understandable. He has also provided referrals, without hesitation, for my daughters to see ophthalmologists in other cities. He is the quintessential professional.

Submitted Feb. 3, 2013 | flag

I've been seeing Dr. Crichton since 1992 (so 20 yrs) and have always found Dr. Crichton to be caring and approachable. He is as competent as he is compassionate. Dr. Crichton has kept on top of my intra-occular eye pressures & kept tabs on my emotional & psychological well being as well.

Submitted May 14, 2012 | flag

He is competent. I don't need personality, I don't need hand holding, all I need is competence from a specialist and he has that in spades.

Submitted March 13, 2012 | flag

Dr. Crichton has been seeing my Mother's for her glaucoma for a few years now.I wouldn't say that he has been 'caring' for her because he comes off very cold and apathetic. He rarely explains anything to her and just mumbles a few words and leaves. At her last visit he alluded that she may need surgery at some point, then when she went to the front desk to book her next check up appointment, the receptionist stated that he had noted that she was to book this surgery right away - we were never even told the name of the procedure, let alone have anyone explain risks and benefits - we were just to blindly submit!! Shocked, we questioned the receptionist further and she stated that "Dr. Crichton is too busy to talk to patients about surgery". PARDON ME???? The office is always crowded and the staff seemed frazzled and rude. They are constantly overbooked - it is time to re-evaluate the practice and get back to actually looking after the patients.

Submitted Jan. 31, 2012 | flag

My husband has been seeing Dr. Crichton for many year. He has been professional, understanding and a wonderful Dr.!! I would recommend him to anyone looking for a specialist in his field!

Submitted July 11, 2011 | flag

Dr. C has been my glaucoma specialist for 10+ yrs. He & his staff (office & clinic) have always tried to accommodate me in getting me the appointment times I need (to coorindate with work schedule when I was still working, and my travel limitations). More than once, Dr C has checked in on me (directly & through his staff) via phone calls WHILE HE WAS OUT OF COUNTRY ON VACATION WITH HIS FAMILY AND WHILE HE HIMSELF WAS IN HOSPITAL WITH A LONG, SERIOUS ILLNESS. He writes letters and reports without complaining as they are required by my insurance company, gov't agencies, etc. I trust him and his judgment implicitly and am so grateful for all the many, many hours he has spent on testing and procedures to try to preserve my remaining vision. There is a severe shortage of glaucoma ophthalmologists in Calgary, so he must see as many patients as possible each day. The techs will answer a lot of your questions and Dr C will too.

Submitted July 9, 2011 | flag

My husband is a patient of Dr. Crichton. the Doc. does not say much but good at what he does. The staff he has are incompetant, gave my husband wrong surgery date on the info form that they typed out when I called to get correct surgery date was told it was our fault for not calling sooner. Very unprofessional. Time for new staff.

Submitted July 6, 2011 | flag