You may also like

Rate Dr. Andrew Crichton

Dr. Andrew Crichton's Ratings

Greatly apreciated ALL the support I received from Dr Crichton and his Staff. Sure is nice to know we have a knowledgeable eye doctor (in his field) when we need one. Sometimes wish I could spend more with him, getting explainations, but he is a busy man. DR.Chrichton will take the time to answer all questions if only you ask them! Let,s all when we visit his office (if possible) try to keep the flow going, cause it sure is nice when we can get in on short notice which we all need at times.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2847417].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

Greatly apreciated ALL the support I received from Dr Crichton and his Staff!!!!!
On the "bedside manner" comments, I found if I took the time to ask questions (and smile) he was very accommodating with his responses and I greatly appreciated that!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2831086].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

As a seasoned eye patient, I know an excellent doctor when I come across one. Dr Crichton falls into the exceptional category. Cannot say enough good things about himm

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2775682].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

I've seen Dr Crichton several times and found him to be a great example of expertise and professionalism. One visit was due to a tiny object lodged in my daughter's eye and other visits were for a high intraocular pressure reading in my eye. I just felt relief and confidence that I was getting the best care available. I didn't get any hugs, but my daughter and I can see just fine.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2686559].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2015

Special Doctor in Cataracts surgery . Staff is very cooperative.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2683668].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2015

I have had Dr. Crichton as my doctor since 2002 and I agree with most comments, and that he is not interested in answering your concerns (even though we are scared about the problems we are having with our eyes). Unfortunately, he is one that takes advantage of the system of seeing more patience’s equals more money. He is also keen on booking regular visual field tests so he can charge for his equipment he owns to Alberta Health system. I am offended by someone’s Nov. 20-2013 comment that some people take their eyes for granted (eluding to that it is their fault they have bad eyes and have to see Dr. Crichton). For your info, people don't cause Glaucoma.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2522406].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2014

This Docter practises assembly line medicine. Patients are in and out of his office with as little interaction as possible between him and his patients. He is not interested in answering questions regarding treatment, conditions, nor educating patients regarding glaucoma. He had a condescending attitude and asked if I ever used the internet because I should just research glaucoma on my own time. Well, I do use the internet especially review of service sites! And Dr Crichton does not get a very good review! Suggestions: place tv screens in office with large print giving info about glaucoma, have staff email info to patients about glaucoma, treatments available, have tech staff talk to patients about treatments. Take a course on Docter / patient communication, take a break and think about what practicing medicine should look like and how you can improve your performance. I can't comment on his knowledge or professional skills because we didn't see them.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2455521].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 23, 2014

Highly competent with poor "bedside" manner. Heather, his assistant, however more that compensates with her knowledge, patience and compassion. I recommend Dr. Creighton, but do not feel comfortable addressing my concerns with hom.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1838602].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 21, 2013

Doctor C. has been my eye doctor for over 20 years, & every year there seems to be more people in his waiting room. Some of the people have not taken the care to look after there eye sight, & some people just taken thier eye sight for granted. When the people check in at the front desk, ask the questions ( ie: sun glass, a driver for them, or any other none medical questions you have ). Remember people, there are 10 people behind you to see the Doctor C.. I ask, what are the pressures in my eyes, is there any thing I can do to protect my eyes? Doctor C, may not be the most talkative, but he knows what he is doing & he is one of the best eye doctors in Canada.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1838601].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2013

Quite simply, Dr. Crichton saved what little vision I had due to glaucoma. With me, he has always been patient, thorough and genuinely concerned with my not only my eyesight, but also my overall well-being. He has performed seven surgeries and modified my eye drop regimen to keep my interocular pressure under control and allow me to retain what little vision I have remaining. In 1998, a different ophthalmologist told me that I would be totally blind by the year 2000. Well, it's 2013 and while my visual field has deteriorated, Dr. Crichton has worked wonders to save what little visual field I still retain. Also, I have found his staff to always be professional and courteous at all times. He runs a very busy clinic and spends time with patients so he can be a bit late, but this is really a matter of priority and is completely understandable. He has also provided referrals, without hesitation, for my daughters to see ophthalmologists in other cities. He is the quintessential professional.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1838600].votes_count ]]