Dr. Ellie Stein

Dr. Ellie Stein

Rate Dr. Ellie Stein

Dr. Ellie Stein's Ratings

I have been seeing Dr. Ellie Stein for over a decade now and she has been wonderful. I find her fair, consistent, honest, kind, and always professional. When other Dr's were writing me off, like I was out of my mind, Dr. Stein took the time to asses me, order blood tests and ultimately pinpoint the problem areas that needed attending. Ellie takes the time to truly care for each patient that she has. I am so grateful for Dr. Stein's expertise, because I would have not made it this far if it wasn't for her vast medical knowledge and exceptional care.

Submitted May 15, 2014 | flag

Dr. Ellie Stein and her assistant (Kathy) bring knowledge and expertise, capable teaching and explaining, and kindness and caring to her patients. I rarely find these characteristics in the medical profession. She is a medical asset and inspiring role model to patients with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, and Multiple Chemical Sensitivity.

Submitted June 8, 2013 | flag

The best doctor in Western Canada if not the best in Canada. She is internationally known for her knowledge of ME/CFS, Fibromyalgia and Multiple Chemical Sensitivities, her research and Educator at U of C and her presentations at International Symposiums. I have volunteered my help for one in Calgary. It was 1st class. She provided support groups for patients, she provided educational series to teach her patients how to best care for themselves since there is no cure. Making lifestyle changes to keep yourself as healthy as possible is key. Medications for the symptoms are the main treatments. She's moved towards research to help us all even more. She's the most passionate and devoted Doctor to helping for these illnesses. I believe she will have a school named after her or statue or something to remember her throughout time for her work. I was bed ridden for 2 years and I've not gone back after 8 years. I have the 1st 2 diagnosis and other diseases possibly related.

Submitted Jan. 11, 2013 | flag

Dr.Stein is the best Psychiatrist, I have ever been to, she helped me get placed in a new town, when she made sure I had medication and wasn't left hanging. She deals with Fibromyalgia, and is very kind, yet firm. I have great respect for her, and the care she gave me, helped me out when there was noone here at all. She always listened to me, and never made me feel like she was above me, like we were equal.I think she just does consults but is very intelligent and does a lot of research. I wish she was my current pychiatrist, but I don't live in Calgary anymore, but may stop in to say hi the next time I have to go!

Submitted June 15, 2012 | flag

Meeting with Dr. Stein was extremely helpful and productive. Her knowledge of and dedication to CFS research is impressive. Her caring understanding, valuable suggestions and ideas were invaluable. She seems to connect the dots to offer research based suggetions that make sense, according to my individual needs.

Submitted June 20, 2011 | flag

Best CFS/FM doctor. I learn something every time I go, about myself, my condition. It normalizes my experiences. CFS/FM are lonely conditions no matter what kind of support you have. Seeing Dr. Stein, I feel less like a freak and more like a part of a community.

Submitted June 5, 2009 | flag

Dr. Stein, empowers people with skills to better manage their illness. Knowledgeable and sincere, she wishes the best health and quality of life possible for each person who comes to her clinic.

Submitted May 21, 2009 | flag

Dr.Ellie Stein has been godsend to all patients with ME/CFS in Calgary. She gives you hope and validates what you are going through. Her knowledge of ME is impressive.

Submitted Feb. 17, 2009 | flag

Dr. Stein is so thorough in her understanding of CFS, and is able to validate symptoms and feelings.

Submitted Jan. 14, 2009 | flag

Special Interest in CFS, Fibromyalgia, MCS. Dr. Stein is up-to-date and knowledgeable, very helpful, caring and supportive. She goes out of her way to educate patients and doctors in Alberta through groups and lectures, including guest speakers.

Submitted May 14, 2008 | flag