Rate Dr. Harvey Buchsbaum

Dr. Harvey Buchsbaum's Ratings

I saw Dr Buchsbaum in 2009 with complaints of numbness and tingling in my hands and feet. He told me that I was "stressed out," did no testing and sent me on the way with no recommendation for treatment/testing or further referral. Now, I am in the cue for surgery at Hopkins for Neurogenic Thoracic Outlet Syndrome with the cervical rib factor, which is a neuro-vascular condition. Im suprised that someone as "seasoned" as he is wouldnt even order nerve conduction studies. His residents worshipped him like he was all-knowing, but apparently not. Recommend sharpening knowledge in the nerves or retire, as he is not helping anyone. He seems smart on general disorders like MS. But dont waste your time going to him, you might be told you are "stressed out" and get sent on your way. I dont recommend going to see him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][640184].votes_count ]]

Submitted Sept. 12, 2011

Dr Buchsbaum handed out meds instead of trying to find the root of the problem. I cant say he is a bad Doc, but should have retired long ago as he has lost the fire that a patient needs to have in a neurologist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][640183].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 12, 2009

This is from long time ago so he may have changed but when my daughter was 14 months old and had not yet walked, he examined her, said she had very low tone, had CP, and that she would never walk. She has been walking fine since she was 17 months old and does not have CP. The doctor made a snap diagnosis that caused much heartache in our household -- and was grossly in error.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][640182].votes_count ]]