Rate Dr. Mike F. Janicek

Dr. Mike F. Janicek's Ratings

Let me tell you what I know first-hand about Dr. Mike Janicek.
10 years ago today my wife was many, many weeks pregnant with our first child (my 5th) when they discovered a tumor twice the size of our child in the womb. We searched for many doctors that would help and all were too concerned with the so called risks to bother to help this new couple with this terrible, terrible experience. We met with Dr. Janicek and he immediately showed that he not only cared about my wife and the baby and how they felt about and during all of this, he showed an extraordinary amount of care about me as the husband/father going through this horrible experience.
It is this caring and concern that makes him as great as he is but what really shows what a super human being he is, is what happened in the parking lost after the very successful surgery. I was waiting for wife to wake up several hours later and went out to the car to get some air. On my way back up to her room Dr. Janicek drove by me leaving the hospital and stopped in the middle of the road and asked me how I was doing and informed me that mi wife was doing great, having just checked on her before he left many, many hours later. I have been around many great medical practitioners all of my life most would have driven by without noticing, 99.9% of them would have driven by without stopping after they noticed me, not wanting to deal with another emotional father/husband/etc.
If you are looking for someone that is not only the best at what he does, but is also one of the most caring people you will ever meet, then Dr. Mike Janicek is the one that you are looking for.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2572459].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2014

Oh my gosh what wonderful people!! They are all busy helping all of us, but they work hard to give the very best care. God bless all of them.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][640198].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2013

Dr. Janicek as well as his whole staff are the best! I've always been unhealthy & often visited doctors & hospitals with many family members and friends, and I know for a fact, that Dr. Mike Janicek, his wife Kristin, Vicki, Kelly, and the whole staff are irreplaceable. True assets to ANY company! I love them all! Aurora Camacho~

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][640197].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 10, 2013

The ratings above are not clear, I rated the staff not the doctor but Dr Janicek is the best.There is not one negative thing I can say about him. The company is another story.It's imposible to talk to a person, you always have to leave a message and when they ask for a deposit, make sure you do not over pay. It's been over a month that they owe me over $200 and I just get the run around. I should not have to fight for my money, they expect payment right away from you but do everything they can to keep from refunding you. I owe the hospital over $2000 so I'd like to use the $200 to apply to my balance. Anyway, just frustrated, but Dr Janicek is wonderful!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][640196].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2013

I was a childless 24 y/o when I was diagnosed with ovarian tumor back in 7/1998 by Dr. Janicek. He removed the tumor, an ovary, & whatever else. He helped me through 6 months of harsh chemo. He's the best MD I've had (and I've had 5 surgeries non-tumor related, & dozens of MDs with varying specializations). Excellent bedside manner, very knowledgeable. One of the things that stuck with me through this ordeal is his wife coming into my room and asking me for whatever I need. (Whoever gave a low blow against the wife must be grieving.) 13 years & 3 kids later, I am nothing but grateful to this man.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][640195].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 4, 2011

There is NO doctor like Dr. Janicek! I was disgusted at the personal attack on Janicek's wife, finances, and university he attended. When faced with a life altering, perhaps life ending illness, the finest care is found with Dr. Janicek. His education, compassion, hugs, sense of humor, explanation along the way are superb! My experience was life altering, in a postive manner, Dr. Janicek was the icing on the cake! By the way, I had a hematoma that required 5 mo of treatment with Dr J after my surgery. This was almost a weekly appointment. He never charged a single dime to me or my insurance for the 5 months of post operative treatment. Dr Janicek is ethical, brilliant, strong, compassionate, handsome, and his wife Kristen, is beautiful, lovely, and an expert in her field! Do not berate him or his wife, you will find no finer. Lori Boyle

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][640194].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2011

My doc called Dr. Janicek and I was lucky to get in right away. He took me through this terrible experience with calmness and confidence and compassion. He was straight and no BS with my husband and I every step of the way but never took away hope. Dr. Janicek even has an appropriate sense of humor which helped us a lot. We are licking this thing and I am getting my life back. I am lucky to have a loving husband with class who has a great relationship with Dr. Janicek and even has his mobile phone number just in case. Not like that creepy rude guy with small man syndrome as my husband calls it talking trash and about Dr. Janiceks wifes breasts on these posts UGH what a weirdo. We met her and she assists all his surgeries and is absolutely lovely!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][640193].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2011

staff was not very diligent, waited an hour past scheduled appt time.never could get him to show up for follow up to my wife's surgery. had to have scottsdale hospital give me the notes of the surgery as he did not have the time. he is clearly a money, the harvard education, the big house and the wife with the boob job kind of guy. It is too bad there is such a paucity of oncologists in this area; a big city like boston or austin or la would not put up with his jackass antics. he is brainy but without a heart.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][640192].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 9, 2010

My mom was treated Dr. Janicek for squamous cell cancer of the vulva. He was caring, patient and explained the implications and options of her treatment fully. When she relapsed, she saw genuine empathy from him. His surgical skills and bedside manner are unmatched, and she continues to drive over 100 miles to do follow up with him. I am forever grateful to Dr. Janicek for the way he treated my mother, and for giving me my mom for many years to come. :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][640191].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2010

I took my ct scan results to the doctor's office as requested on a Thursday. I received a call Friday morning telling me to check in at the emergency room on Sunday. I did as requested and had surgery the very next day. Unfortunately my tumor was too large for the daVinci procedure I had read up on, but the doctor put me at ease just the same. The surgery was successful and I was home in three days. I then had to start chemo treatments. His chemo staff at the office were nothing short of amazing. They explained everything on a level I could understand, patiently answered all my questions and I was made to feel very comfortable and not alone. At first I was hesitant about the 40 mile round trip for the treatments, but realized the trip was well worth my peace of mind. Would I recommend Dr. Janicek and his highly skilled and compassionate staff? Absolutely!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][640190].votes_count ]]