Rate Dr. Paul F. Howard

Dr. Paul F. Howard's Ratings

Was hopeful on first visit to find out what was wrong with me. By second visit I was in and out on less than 10 min. Didn't seem to want to answer any questions I had. Had his PA draw blood and said he would call me next week with results. I waited until Fri afternoon and was told the Dr was out of the office and his nurse would call me. Didn't hear from her and called Mon. Afternoon. She did call me back finally, but just said results were neg. but didn't know what that meant, and was told the Dr was out of town on vacation. I waited over three weeks to be told the test had to be done again. Guess who's searching for a new Dr?

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2399751].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014

Dr Howard was knowledgable and thorough. I did not feel rushed at all. His staff was pleasant and clear about the billing. I paid by check and they filed the claim. I will be reimbursed for the allowable amount. I recommend this practice unconditionally.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][640676].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 22, 2014

Does not have a billing office or ANY agreements with insurance companies. Charges are within medicare allowable amounts, but puts the burden of filing on the patient. Is not part of any network, so is out of network (and out of pocket) for most patients. Always has a resident present so continuing patients have to repeat their medical history to each one at EVERY visit. Just recently implemented a credit card fee to include debit cards. Again, passing the cost of doing business to patients, or customers in his view. Just like an ARCO gas station. Are "air conditioning fees", "janitorial fees" next? Staff in a constant state of turnover - a sign of poor employee relations. The office is therefore run inefficiently and waits of over 1 hour are common. Of course checkout is fast when you demand cash on the spot. His medical care and knowledge is fine, but not worth the premium or hassle. Gets very defensive and short when any of the above financial issues are brought up.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][640675].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2013

Dr. Howard never sees me. Has PA do the visit. At best they are disconnected. At worst they are hostile and unkind. Over past 10 years they will not reveal results of my blood tests. They are argue over treatment, finally agree then recind.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][640674].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013

My first visit with Dr. Howard had me hopeful. He was attentive and detail oriented and compassionate. Every visit since then has been a bug disappointment. His staff are apathetic - they seem depressed, and I usually wait a minimum of 45 minutes just to be taken to the exam room. Dr. Howard rushes through a 10-minute visit, puts words in my mouth, and doesn't seem to understand me at all. He doesn't accept insurance so I have paid hundreds of dollars to his office and every time have left there only to return to my car and break out in tears in the parking lot. Never again.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][640673].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2012

Almost always seen by the PA, and he may just drop into the examining room. Staff does not follow up on anything. Had blood work 3 months ago, and never heard the results, and they also never sent a prescription to the pharmacy. I finally called, and they still have not gotten back to me with any results.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][640672].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 16, 2012

Dr. Howard and his staff are amazing. Their knowledge and support took me from nearly bed-ridden back to the healthy active life I had enjoyed before my illness. Their approach involves more than medication; teaching me how to reduce stress, eat a healthy diet, make time for adequate exercise and incorporate natural supplements all worked together to improve my quality of life tremendously. If you have a difficult to diagnose auto-immune or inflammatory disorder, you owe it to yourself to see Dr. Howard. He will take you seriously and help you. He and his talented staff are nothing short of a miracle.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][640671].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Dr. Howard is extremely supportive of his patient's. He spends as much time as needed and listens carefully. He is extremely caring and his staff are wonderful to deal with. I highly recommend this doctor to anybody in need of a compassionate M.D. for Rhuematology.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][640670].votes_count ]]