Rate Dr. Sebouh Matossian

Dr. Sebouh Matossian's Ratings

Though his receptionist isn't overly personable and I've even felt she was off putting and rude at times, I have had nothing but amazing appointments with Dr Matossian. At first meet I thought he was stand offish and just a lets get this over with Dr. But I was wrong, i've seen him for a while now and he's opened up a bit more on a patient/doctor personal level which makes the appointment easier. He's thorough with his exams and questions. He's even referred to a medical book to see which drug may be best for me while in my fertile years as I may still have children. The fact he knows i have one child and may have more and gives a crap about the outcome of certain medications is amazing to me. He is a straight shooter but I've never felt it was rude. He has to tell us to lose weight or stop this etc. But I honestly can't say enough about him. If you are use to bubbly/sugary disposition then you may feel off put. I am not that way, so I enjoy my apps and feel very comfortable in sharing

Submitted Aug. 20, 2013 | flag

He gave me a diagnosis after two years of people telling me it was in my head

Submitted Aug. 3, 2013 | flag

Dr. Matossian is one of the best doctors I have ever attended. I can't say enough good things about him, actually. He has taken excellent care of me when I needed it.

Submitted Oct. 11, 2012 | flag

Dr. Matossian has saved my life. I live with Hemochromatosis; to the initiated, that's a buildup of Iron (Ferritin levels) in the blood that eventually destroys your internal organs. Before meeting Dr. Matossian, two years ago, I'de been through a number of docs who, even though my Ferritin levels exceeded 1400 (norm is 250), ignored the fact. When Dr. Matossian saw my [high] Ferritin levels, he wasted little time in referring me for more tests that revealed higher than normal levels of liver enzymes and quickly placed me on a blood letting regime called a Phlebotomy (this is where you give a pint of blood once a week until your iron levels have lowered). If left untreated, Hemochromatosis not only destroys your organs but also has an adverse affect on the walls of the heart, causing heart failure. His office staff is the best, as she wastes little time in booking an appointment and getting the job done right, the first time. All in all, Dr. Matossian truly is a "Life Saver".

Submitted July 15, 2012 | flag

After contacting Dr. Matossian as directed by the family physician, I was shocked by both his secretary's and his own abrupt,rude and unprofessional response to direct me back to the family GP regarding a follow up appt. He made me feel as if I was bothering him. Obviously there is also the challenge of poor communication between physicians but Dr. Matossian showed a complete lack of empathy and made the unprofessional decision to yell at me over the phone. I can't imagine how a senior (who I was calling on behalf of) would have felt if they had been on the receiving end of his disrespectful conduct. Not only did I tell him that I did not appreciate being spoken to that way but advised him that I would follow up with a phone call to the College of Physicians and Surgeons. Burn out or no burn out, overworked or not, all professionals including doctors need to make a conscious effort to be respectful and empathic towards their patients and the patients' respective family members.

Submitted Feb. 3, 2012 | flag

Worst Staff ever, they called me and told me I wasnt important enough for an appointment I had been trying to get for years for stress testing for an unknown heart related issue. They told me more needing patients needed it and that they would rebook me in a few days so I (after fighting with her for 20 minutes) gave up my appointment with the promise of rebooking. The hospital told me two weeks later that I had been a NO SHOW for the appointment I had been called about and gave up to someone else apparently. When they hospital called for me they refused to rebook me saying I never showed and it was my fault for "not canceling" the appointment that they had agrued with me to let another patiant have. And Dr.Matossian even backed his staff up saying it was all my own issue and not his staff. Never been treated so badly from a doctors office and now made my road to find out whats wrong with me so much more painful and longer. I would never recommend this office!!

Submitted Jan. 13, 2012 | flag

Dr. Matossian was very humble, professional and personable. He spends time with his assessments which are thorough and not rushed. He incorporates mind and body in his perspective. He is a rare commodity in such a stressed and overworked health care system. I am younger than many of his patients and he displayed concern for my future and life-long well-being. The referral my GP had made to Dr. Matossian was incorrect, and when Dr. Matossian realized what I needed was not his specialty and would require long-term management he quickly referred me to the accurate specialist.

Submitted Sept. 16, 2010 | flag

I feel very fortunate to be seeing Dr. Matossian. He is a kind, sympathetic, patient and very knowledgeable doctor. He is always willing to try new ways to help me. He never dismisses my thoughts and is very willing to discuss any idea's and concerns I may have. I feel very fortunate to have found such a fantastic doctor. The best part is that he seems to be willing try anything to see if it will make me better, as long as i am OK with it. Thank you Dr. Matossian, you are my light at the end of the tunnel, you give me hope that I will not always have to live like this. I trust you completely, thank you very much for allowing me to be your patient.

Submitted May 30, 2010 | flag

Great doctor - really cares and takes whatever time is necessary. Goes well above and beyond what is required.

Submitted Feb. 11, 2010 | flag

first of many doctors that took time to understand the nature of my mystery illness.although my illness was outside his field,he has done a masterful job in finding the doctor neccessary in getting a diagnosis.thank you very much and you would be lucky to have him as your doctor!

Submitted Dec. 2, 2009 | flag