You may also like

Rate Dr. Sebouh Matossian

Dr. Sebouh Matossian's Ratings

Dr. Matossian is one of the best specialists I've ever met.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2758783].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

I really liked him. He listened exceptionally well, took detailed notes, and answered my questions thoroughly. He was instrumental in getting me diagnosed with a rare autoimmune disease (dermatomyositis with anti-jo1 antibodies) after my family doctor had tried to explain away my symptoms as "allergies" and "anxiety" or just plain tried to tell me I wasn't experiencing them. At the first appointment Dr. Matossian really listened and ordered many tests, one of which came back positive for this condition. I had 2 more appointments with him but then was passed on to a rheumatologist. I was sad to have to go. Dr. M seems ethical and altruistic, not in it for the money/status. Seems like a good person.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2740320].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2015

Dr. Matassian has been patient, helpful and very courteous throughout a challenging time for me, his progressive outlook has helped me move forward with my life and his staff has always been respectful and very helpful, I would strongly recommend him when you need blood/heart internal health issues!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2585483].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2014

I saw Dr. Matossian twice on matters related to my heart. He took great interest in all of the details related to my condition and was very knowledgeable and helpful. He took time analyzing the results of both visits and draw conclusion based on all fact. He even call the lab live on his cell to have them read the results of my latest blood work. I can honestly say this doctor cares. Im 51 yrs old and have seen a great deal of practitioners both in Europe and Canada, and this doctor by far beats them all. Thank you Dr. Matossian

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2582941].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2014

He is amazing. I have severe anxiety and just being in the room with him had a calming effect. He is very calm and even shared a personal story of a family member with a fear of elevators. He took his time with me and walked me through everything he was doing. He helped to put my mind at ease but also insured I knew that we needed further tests. Finally someone is listening to me. Great Dr.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2552884].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2014

Though his receptionist isn't overly personable and I've even felt she was off putting and rude at times, I have had nothing but amazing appointments with Dr Matossian. At first meet I thought he was stand offish and just a lets get this over with Dr. But I was wrong, i've seen him for a while now and he's opened up a bit more on a patient/doctor personal level which makes the appointment easier. He's thorough with his exams and questions. He's even referred to a medical book to see which drug may be best for me while in my fertile years as I may still have children. The fact he knows i have one child and may have more and gives a crap about the outcome of certain medications is amazing to me. He is a straight shooter but I've never felt it was rude. He has to tell us to lose weight or stop this etc. But I honestly can't say enough about him. If you are use to bubbly/sugary disposition then you may feel off put. I am not that way, so I enjoy my apps and feel very comfortable in sharing

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1842192].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2013

He gave me a diagnosis after two years of people telling me it was in my head

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1842191].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 3, 2013

Dr. Matossian is one of the best doctors I have ever attended. I can't say enough good things about him, actually. He has taken excellent care of me when I needed it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1842190].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 11, 2012

Dr. Matossian has saved my life. I live with Hemochromatosis; to the initiated, that's a buildup of Iron (Ferritin levels) in the blood that eventually destroys your internal organs. Before meeting Dr. Matossian, two years ago, I'de been through a number of docs who, even though my Ferritin levels exceeded 1400 (norm is 250), ignored the fact. When Dr. Matossian saw my [high] Ferritin levels, he wasted little time in referring me for more tests that revealed higher than normal levels of liver enzymes and quickly placed me on a blood letting regime called a Phlebotomy (this is where you give a pint of blood once a week until your iron levels have lowered). If left untreated, Hemochromatosis not only destroys your organs but also has an adverse affect on the walls of the heart, causing heart failure. His office staff is the best, as she wastes little time in booking an appointment and getting the job done right, the first time. All in all, Dr. Matossian truly is a "Life Saver".

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1842189].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 15, 2012

After contacting Dr. Matossian as directed by the family physician, I was shocked by both his secretary's and his own abrupt,rude and unprofessional response to direct me back to the family GP regarding a follow up appt. He made me feel as if I was bothering him. Obviously there is also the challenge of poor communication between physicians but Dr. Matossian showed a complete lack of empathy and made the unprofessional decision to yell at me over the phone. I can't imagine how a senior (who I was calling on behalf of) would have felt if they had been on the receiving end of his disrespectful conduct. Not only did I tell him that I did not appreciate being spoken to that way but advised him that I would follow up with a phone call to the College of Physicians and Surgeons. Burn out or no burn out, overworked or not, all professionals including doctors need to make a conscious effort to be respectful and empathic towards their patients and the patients' respective family members.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1842188].votes_count ]]