Rate Dr. Rhonda Shuckett

Dr. Rhonda Shuckett's Ratings

Dr. Shuckett is the best person who ever happened to me. She has given me a life. I met her when I had to quit my job and was in so much pain, I couldn't be the kind of mother I wanted to be. I'm now functioning and if something happens to me, she is there calm and professional. She doesn't stop until she has her patient out of pain. She is caring and tremendously capable. She sees so many patients but makes you feel like you're her only patient. She never rushes you. Her long time staff person is as caring as she. I never wait even when she is caring for many emergencies. She is totally updated and well studied. I know that I'm getting the most recent updated care. I honestly don't know what I'd do without her. I moved 5 hours away from her office but I travel to her for my care. I don't need to recommend her. She's so good that her waiting list is as long as two years.

Submitted Nov. 2, 2013 | flag

I am very surprised by my visit to this doctor, after years of hurried and careless rheumatologist visits. My appointment time with Dr Shucket was a full hour. After having severe symptoms for almost a decade, she took all the time to listen to all of my symptoms and concerns and she examined me carefully. She has ordered detailed blood work, and referred me right away to see a specific specialist, what she personally booked right there during my appointment. I also had a phone consult with her after my blood work has come back. Caring, detailed, soft spoken lovely doctor with great knowledge. Highly recommend her to anyone.

Submitted Aug. 2, 2013 | flag

I waited a year and a bit to get in to see Dr. Shuckett, but I believe it was worth the wait ( if that's possible ). She was very compassionate and listened to and answered all my questions regarding my condition and the frustrating symptoms accompanying it. My initial consult lasted probably a half hour to 45 minutes including a physical examination. I felt she was very thorough in getting all the information she could about my current condition, previous injuries etc. I have seen many Specialists over the years, and Dr. Shuckett is as approachable and understanding as the come. I can't comment on the negative posts on this site, but I would have no hesitation in highly recommending Dr. Shuckett - and that includes her staff. My appointments have all been right on time, and any calls or messages I have left have always been returned promptly and politely by her staff. All in all, a very helpful Dr. in my opinion.

Submitted July 18, 2013 | flag

Dr. Shuckett seems uncaring and preoccupied. It's like she doesn't even know what's going on with me or who I even am.I was suppose to see a specialist but she forgot to do the referral via the consult to my physician.Then when confronted about it and she finally wrote the consult, she still forgot about referring me to the specialist.So I never did get to see the specialist.She had also been sending copies of reports to my old GP who I hadn't been seeing for over 5 years. I have to keep reminding her who my doctor is. Last time I saw her she didn't even look at me, what kind of Pt./GP relationship is that? Also,I was there for my appt. on time and she made me wait 20 min. while the meter was running and I was her first patient after lunch and the door was open, what's with that? It was Rude and at my cost. I haven't done anything to her except ask her about why she didn't do my consult & referral and that's the way I get treated the next time I go in. I think I need to find a new Dr.

Submitted April 22, 2013 | flag

To the person who missed their appt. I would strongly advise you to try to find another internist. I have seen Dr. Shuckett twice and I am not happy with her at all. She is very forgetful and totally dropped the ball on something she was supposed to arrange for me. Don't bother trying to leave a message for her to call you back as it simply won't happen.I am so discouraged and in so much pain and was hoping to get some answers from Dr. Shuckett but I am not confident that this will happen.

Submitted Feb. 28, 2013 | flag

I am appaulled by Dr, Shucket and her staff. I have been waiting since summer 2012 in excruciating pain to see a rheumatologist. At first they lost the referral and a new one had to be sent. They finally booked an appt for in 4-5 months in advance. Unfortunately I missed my appt as I did not know when it was as the receptionist had moved it up from the original date. When I called to check when my appt was her receptionist was rude and said I missed it. I mentioned I never received a call re:my appt time and she said they don't do that. I'm also shocked that I wasn't contacted when the appt was missed and think this is quite unrpofessional. I'm not able to rebook either so have to go back and get a new referral and be put back on a wait list which if you're lucky you get seen before 2yrs. This shows they do not care about patients no matter how much pain you are in. I have never met Dr. Shucket but this says a lot about her and her staff.

Submitted Feb. 20, 2013 | flag

I also found Dr. Shukkett to be forgetful, she gave me the total opposite instructions to the ones she had on my first visit. She also examine me which she had said she hadn't done on my first visit but had??? Gave me a diagnosis that I know is totally wrong, as I do know my one body and know where my pain is located. She is a nice women, but is not someone I feel I can depend as my health practioner, or for my own health and well being, so will be not go back.

Submitted Feb. 14, 2013 | flag

Although dr shuckett treated me very well years ago, in the last year (2011-2012) I have found her to lack interest or desire to help correct my condition, and told me it would get better on it's own even though I told her why it would not. My condition did not get better, and now I'm getting treatment somewhere else.

Submitted Dec. 7, 2012 | flag

I have seen Dr. Shuckett for many years, and though she can appear to be a good listener and cares, we have also found a pattern of increasing forgetfulness (even for urgent matters), at times alarming, which has seriously negatively impacted health and care, leaving no help or relief. Her long time office assistant is also unfortunately perpetually verbally inappropriate and obnoxious.

Submitted Oct. 3, 2012 | flag

Yes she is very kind and a good listener, I accompanied my mother on both visits.. but she missed the boat with diagnosing her. Her foot and ankle very swollen and ended up having an aneurysm and died in hospital. Dr. Shuckett didn't even ask if she was on blood pressure meds and thought it was gout!

Submitted May 7, 2012 | flag