Dr. Thomas L. Gillespie

Grad. Year: 1995

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 04/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 6 reviews. Dr. Thomas L. Gillespie has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Surgeon (general)-related: microsurgery, general surgery, trauma surgery, transplant surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

20/04/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.9
RID: 2661672
24/05/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Thomas Gillespie saved my life. I had been experiencing pain with my intestines for over ten years, due to partial blockage from adhesions. Based on my history, he was the only surgeon who bravely suggested surgery over "monitoring" my situation. My situation was more dire than other surgeons over the years had described. Dr. Gillespie calculated the risks, and explained my options accurately and confidently, allowing me to make the decision. His skills and expertise properly corrected my intestinal issue. He was very open and walked me through every step, which helped ease the process. I would recommend him to anyone in need of a gastrointestinal / trama surgery.  Respond
RID: 1574179
29/10/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Gillespie is a straight shooting surgeon. He was the only doctor that sat down with me and let me know about every aspect of my medical problems and how they interrelated with each other. You get the impression that he thinks about everything before he speaks. I really appreciated that. I really got the feeling that he operates that way too. Nonetheless my surgery went very well and I am very happy.

RID: 1384766
11/03/11 3 4 3 4 I think he was very straight forward no sugar coating which is good but he also very harsh in the way he talked to me I am obese and he said I am very prone to bleeding out and he really made me feel like he wouldn't care if I died because he kept looking at me with disgust Second opinion? I think yes = (
RID: 1337513
15/01/11 5 5 5 5 Very skillful. Really as good an experience as one could hope for. No complaints. Very friendly.
RID: 681611
09/09/08 5 5 5 5 I really love my doctor. He is very skilled and very smart. He took care of my fatherwho is 86 and he got better very quickly. If you are looking for the best surgeon it is Dr. Gillespie.
Insurance: Pacificare
Paid (or co-pay): $50
RID: 675225
27/08/08 5 5 5 5 He is a very nice and personable doctor. My appointment was at the end of the day and I felt as if I was the only patient he had seen all day. He took time to answer all my questions and alleviate my fears. The operation went very well and I am very happy.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield