Rate Dr. Thomas L. Gillespie

Dr. Thomas L. Gillespie's Ratings

Dr. Gillespie recently performed laparoscopic surgery on my inguinal hernia. The results were outstanding and exceeded my expectations. Post-surgery I had very little pain, and the recovery went very quickly and smoothly. I was amazed that I only had to take one pain pill. In addition to the great surgical results, I found him to be very personable, patient, knowledgeable, and sincerely interested in the welfare of his patients. Thanks to the others who posted positive comments which helped me choose him.

Submitted Aug. 14, 2014 | flag

Dr. Thomas Gillespie saved my life. I had been experiencing pain with my intestines for over ten years, due to partial blockage from adhesions. Based on my history, he was the only surgeon who bravely suggested surgery over "monitoring" my situation. My situation was more dire than other surgeons over the years had described. Dr. Gillespie calculated the risks, and explained my options accurately and confidently, allowing me to make the decision. His skills and expertise properly corrected my intestinal issue. He was very open and walked me through every step, which helped ease the process. I would recommend him to anyone in need of a gastrointestinal / trama surgery.

Submitted May 24, 2013 | flag

Dr. Gillespie is a straight shooting surgeon. He was the only doctor that sat down with me and let me know about every aspect of my medical problems and how they interrelated with each other. You get the impression that he thinks about everything before he speaks. I really appreciated that. I really got the feeling that he operates that way too. Nonetheless my surgery went very well and I am very happy.

Submitted Oct. 29, 2011 | flag

I think he was very straight forward no sugar coating which is good but he also very harsh in the way he talked to me I am obese and he said I am very prone to bleeding out and he really made me feel like he wouldn't care if I died because he kept looking at me with disgust Second opinion? I think yes = (

Submitted March 11, 2011 | flag

Very skillful. Really as good an experience as one could hope for. No complaints. Very friendly.

Submitted Jan. 15, 2011 | flag

I really love my doctor. He is very skilled and very smart. He took care of my fatherwho is 86 and he got better very quickly. If you are looking for the best surgeon it is Dr. Gillespie.

Submitted Sept. 9, 2008 | flag

He is a very nice and personable doctor. My appointment was at the end of the day and I felt as if I was the only patient he had seen all day. He took time to answer all my questions and alleviate my fears. The operation went very well and I am very happy.

Submitted Aug. 27, 2008 | flag