Rate Dr. John A. Nesbitt

Dr. John A. Nesbitt's Ratings

I have been a patient of Dr. Nesbitt's for over 20 years. It is safe to say that he has, very literally, saved my feet and kept me walking. Yes, there are sometimes long waits but he is a physician, not a podiatrist, and one of very few with this specialty. The waits are because he doesn't want to turn anyone away. I am an RN and can say without reservation that he is a very knowledgeable, skilled and compassionate physician. We are indeed fortunate to have him here in Calgary.

Submitted Aug. 13, 2014 | flag

Dr Nesbit and his staff were very polite to me... I had an appointment for a nail root removal, and i was pretty nervous about it, himself and his staff both made me feel better, apologized for the wait time, and he was very polite. I have seen him a few times, i have seen him a couple times and would reccomned and see him again... He is a great doctor.

Submitted June 25, 2014 | flag

I had an appointment at 8:30 in the morning. I was 10 minutes early. After sitting in the waiting room for 30 minutes, I approached the front counter and asked if I had the correct time. The receptionist validated my 8:30 appointment but told me Dr Nesbitt was handling an emergancy. I told her that I have another appointment at 9:30 She told me she would tell the nurses. She did not tell the nurses and at 9:10 I walked out. This typ of service and behavior is unacceptable. First, upon checking in I should have been notified of the delay. Secondly, the receptionist did not notify any nursing staff. Third, no appology. This is simply unacceptable. The Dr walked by me at least 10 times, no appologies also....I would never go back nor would I recommend using this clinic. I did notify my family Dr who was shocked and appologetic for the poor behavior of Dr Nesbitt's office.

Submitted April 30, 2013 | flag

Horrible doc! I am being treated for a cancerous tumour in my foot. after radiation my foot became infected, instead of giving antibiotics to treat the infection, he preferred to " manually" remove the infection! This was Extremely painful, and as a result of his negligence I am on intravenous to treat the infection he ignored!

Submitted Jan. 15, 2013 | flag

Worse "doctor" I have ever seen. First off I see why he is the only podiatrist that goes under AHC because he requires you to come back twice a week. I had a simple ingrown toenail which he repeatedly removed the entire nail even after it did not work the first two times. I kept care of it, kept it clean, did everything he asked of me but it kept coming back worse and worse. I had Heard of burning the root with acid will stop the bad side from growing in.. on My last and FINAL visit I asked him about this and he said he didn't believe in it. Then he proceeded to rip off my toenail without properly freezing the area even though I told him I could feel it all. He just said it is infected and wont freeze. I have since been to a WAY better podiatrist who did burn it and have not had a problem since. I would love to see the joke of a doctor out of work. I can see why his patients are all elderly since they do not work and can come in every week for something to do. AVOID THIS DOCTOR

Submitted July 17, 2012 | flag

There were 7 other patients scheduled for my appointment time. 7. When I inquired as to how long it would be the receptionist said it "would be at least an hour and that waiting over an hour was not uncommon in a doctor's office". This was a not a case of running a little behind but rather overbooking 7 fold. This guy obviously doesn't respect anyone else's time and is purely in it for the money. I left without seeing him.

Submitted Nov. 2, 2011 | flag

the wait time was incredible, not till I got up to leave did they take me in - over 2 hours waiting.

Submitted Feb. 15, 2011 | flag

Dr. Nesbitt has been my doctor for a long time. His staff is lovely and I feel very well looked after while at his office. I have recommended him over the years to my friends and they have been pleased with their care as well.

Submitted March 3, 2010 | flag

I have been going to DR Nesbitt for over 15 years and have never had a negative experience. I would rate him 5 in all areas.

Submitted Feb. 23, 2010 | flag

I was referred to Dr. Nesbitt by my plastic surgeon more than 10 years ago for diabetic ulcers.I have attended his office for my ulcers and for the treatment of my leg swelling on numerous occasions over the years and am delighted with my results. I still attend his office for follow-up care with his nurse's every two months. I feel myself very fortunate to be under his watchful eye.

Submitted Nov. 13, 2009 | flag