Dr. Jacques A. Bouchard

Rate Dr. Jacques A. Bouchard

Dr. Jacques A. Bouchard's Ratings

Dr Bouchard saved me from losing the use of my left hand and from suffering the same fate as Christopher Reeve, by performing 2 seperate cervical surgeries over the past 2 and a half years. I have every confidence in his ability and am grateful to have had him perform surgery on my neck and treat me in between. My neck now feels better than it ever has over the past 10 years and I have peace of mind that my neck will outlast the remainder of my contract on this planet...Craig Stephens

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1845785].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 7, 2013

Dr. Bouchard, is, and has been for the last 8 years that I have been his patient, a very caring doctor. He has always taken the time to listen to my concerns, & has always answered my questions. I believe that he will do anything possible to help & alleviate pain if it is in his power to do so. The staff is always friendly, courteous, as well as always returns calls. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Bouchard & his staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1845784].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2013

On second appointment with him, and what a waste of time. He actually just sits there and gives know insight or acts like he cares. I asked if maybe he could do a MRI or something to see what's going on and and he stated, that would waste tax payer dollars. In my option, he a a waste of our tax payer dollars. How much did he make of those 2 appointments, because he actually did nothing. As a result I will never go back to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1845783].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 20, 2013

Originally thought that Dr. Bouchard was wonderful and he has helped me through multiple back surgeries - but over the years that I have been going to see him, its been getting worse (his attitude, lack of knowledge and respect from the staff) I feel like because I am a Work Comp case I am the bottom of the bucket. I constantly don't get call backs from the receptionist for making appointment's and the last time I was in to see him due to continued pain, I was surprised that he told me there was nothing wrong with me (while using 2 & 3 year old exerays & MRI reports!) and that I had his new fancy word "phantom pain"!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1845782].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 7, 2013

disappointed to have to pay for initial consult and then the wait time to see him was lengthy. Cancelled my appointment and found a better surgeon to perform my surgery. Should not have to pay to see a specialist in Alberta this should is not the USA and not elective surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1845781].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 16, 2013

Dr. Bouchard saved my life. I had a terrible snow mobiling accident 4 years ago where my C1, C5 and 6 were broken. His kindness, patience, professionalism and expert care is what saved my life and allowed me to regain full recovery. Thank you, Dr. Bouchard for everything you have done for my family and I.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1845780].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 28, 2012

He gave me back my life, with spinal surgery in 2005, i was walking with a cane for several years and in extreme pain all the time, now i am pain free for 5 years, thank you Dr. Bouchard

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1845779].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 24, 2011

Issue: C5-C-6 Herniated disk, discovered old impact injuries had resulted in bone growth into spinal column - severely compressing spinal chord. Dr. Bouchard is very busy but far above average bedside manner for a surgeon. I was in extreme pain from the ruptured disk but he got me into the physio program while awaiting a chance for early operation. NOTE: If this surgeon recommends you attend physio to see if non-surgical can help issue DO IT - I overheard another couple (exam rooms are not really soundproof) who'd only "bothered to go to physio" once get put over for another 6 months to see what physio could do. I'd done the recommended treatments in physio so got right into the surgical waiting list. Dr. Bouchard went in through a 4" throat incision, removed extra bone and then did a spinal disk replacement. Excellent work - I have a massive skull lol - awoke after surgery without even a neck brace - agony gone! 1 yr+ - mobility & quality of life excellent - thanks to Dr. Bouchard!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1845778].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 3, 2011

This is the best Doctor ever He gave me my life back I had L5 S1 disc herniation he was efficient and swift setting a surgery date immediately I don't know where I would be without this gentleman He explains everything clearly taking his time Thank you so very much Dr Bouchard its been 18 months since my surgery and I would recommend you in a heartbeat

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1845777].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 30, 2010

I had fusion done on L5 . This is a good Dr. He came to see me every day i was in the hospital .He explained what he was going to do and how it would help.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1845776].votes_count ]]