You may also like

Rate Dr. Joel Doctor

Dr. Joel Doctor's Ratings

Had an excellent first visit experience today. Arrived 10 minutes early and was taken in right away. Doctor went over my medical/prescription history, past allergic episodes, and even family history. After the in-depth initial consultation, the nurse came in a administered the allergy tests. After 10 minutes, nurse returned to document test results. A few minutres after that, the doctor came in, reviewed my test results and answered all my questions and concerns. Overall a very positive and friendly experience. Yes it took approx 8 months to get in but that's just the nature of the Canadian health care system.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2849131].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

Not sure what people are going nuts about. Nice guy, decent staff. His receptionist is a bit cold, but she was polite, quick and efficient. Seems he runs a really good practice as I came early, got in early and got out quick. The tests went fine and the lady administering the tests was really polite and answered all my questions. The only thing I do not recommend is that he has a roughly 1 year wait. I got in because there was a cancellation otherwise its ridiculous how busy this guy is.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2801708].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

How in the world can this kind and gentle doctor be called arrogant?? I seriously don't get it! He is such a nice guy. We had a great experience there yesterday and plan to go back if we ever have any issues. I am guessing most people are happy with him and people who just like to complain about every little thing, have bad comments on here. Maybe the complainers just don't come across as very friendly themselves, so what do they expect??? I can absolutely recommend this doctor

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2800207].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

Saw Dr. Joel after being kept waiting almost a full year. His tech has some kind of new way to testing rather than the traditional scratch testing for allergies. His techs (both) were completely inept at running these tests, not matching the allergens with the pin prick patterns. The tiny bottles of allergens were 80% EMPTY!! So, on my arms, I only got about 3 wet spots )of allergen samples) where there should have been over 30. This happened TWICE!!. Then Dr. Joel came in. RUDE, didn't introduce himself, so I thought he was a 3r tech, until he said he studied the results and I am allergic to NOTHING. WRONG, I have anaphylaxis from seafood, penicillin, and adhesives. I said the test wasn't done properly and he argued his testing method was the "Gold Standard" of allergy tests. I told him it was BOGUS, and I'd trust a scratch test over what his techs did, and that I did NOT believe ANY of his results and walked out. What a WASTE, being kept waiting for that kind of apathetic garbage. I DON'T RECOMMEND HIM

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2788562].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2015

I'm so surprised at all the negative comments! We had a fantastic experience (expect for finding out that my daughter does indeed have a nut allergy). We didn't even sit down in the waiting room - we were taken straight in. Everybody was so kind. Dr. Doctor was patient with my toddler, listened thoroughly to me and answered all my questions. We have a follow up plan and I truly feel like we received excellent care today.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2788433].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2015

I took my 18 month old toddler because he has peanut's allergy. I've work in the medical field several years, I haven't met before a professional with such a big arrogance and horrible bedside manners. He walked out of the room ( because my son was making noise) AND SAID THAT HE CAN'T WORK LIKE THIS! and left me with a photocopy or instructions cookie cutter style and a lot of questions not answered, Does he expect a toddler to be silent and still for over 1 hour !! and after a skin allergy test? He dismissed all the blood work my son got done possible because it was from another country. My son got recently a very bad allergic reaction and I realized I was never given clear instructions about when to give an epipen and what sings of allergy I should observe to decide wheter or not to give this medication . Thankfully there was a person trained in CPR to help me.
I wish somebody so knowledgeable would care more about a patient and use his knowledge to really help a small child

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2760278].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 28, 2015

Have been seeing Dr. Doctor for 12 years and recently requested a referral to a different Immunologist in Calgary. While he is knowledgeable, he is not overly helpful with my daughters action plan or other treatments and I find him a bit arrogant with poor bedside manner. His nurses are absolutely great; however, the receptionist is extremely cold and unwelcoming. Fed up!

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2738586].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2015

The front desk lady was not very polite at all. As for Dr Doctor, he told us that my daughter had a very mild peanut allergy and not to worry about it when it turns out she's actually anaphylactic and almost died when coming into contact!!!!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2733594].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 24, 2015

I seen Dr. Doctor today. I was very nervous as the reviews weren't that great. I have to say he was so nice. He took his time. Listened to me and found a plan that works for what I'm looking for. His staff was amazing. Everyone was so kind. I arrived an hour early as we live out of town and didn't know where we were going and they got me in early. I look forward to going back in a few weeks time to start my allergy shots. I wish I would have been to him years ago! This "poor bedside manner" these reviews are talking about I never seen. Very polite, never talked down to me or cut me off.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2692906].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 22, 2015

Your time and money could be better spent than to waste it waiting 1-2 years to be seen and spending $40 on a skin prick test. Does not listen and is arrogant. The second my results were negative, despite having severe symptoms, I was told it's all in my head. He has a way of making patients who do not fit the test feel like they are insignificant and accuses you of making it all up. I felt he was unprofessional and did not answer any of my questions. Now I'm scared of what to do the next time I encounter what I am apparently not allergic to. I didn't get any advice on how to manage struggling for air or any of my other symptoms.

Was this rating useful? 6 [[ userState['ratings'][2656444].votes_count ]]