Rate Dr. Joel Doctor

Dr. Joel Doctor's Ratings

I didn't know what to expect when going there with my daughter so I was very nervous. The staff quickly put both out minds at ease. They were great at distracting my daughter when needed and answered all questions I had. After having a chance to let the results settle in I had additional questions that I had. I called the office and was directed with a nurse that helped me out. She was very friendly And answered every question I had and then some. She even suggested I have my dr refer me to have a test in myself given the history and concerns I had about myself. There was one question she was unable to answer so she said she would check with the dr the following day he was in. I was presently surprised with a personal call from the doctor the following day. He was just as helpful and informative and was not in a rush. The only thing I would have found helpful is to have been sent home with some information/resources on the allergy my daughter was diagnosed with.

Submitted July 2, 2014 | flag

The staff was friendly upon arrival. I arrived 15 minutes early and they let me in after waiting only two minutes. Both Dr. Joel and the nurse were helpful and respectful. Overall it was a great experience.

Submitted Dec. 15, 2013 | flag

I was violently ill from an allergic reaction when I went to see Dr. Doctor for an allergy test. I was literally throwing up in a basin when he came in to see me, and both he and his staff moved things along extremely quickly so I could leave. His nurse was also very nice, and brought me a glass of water and a washcloth (which, believe me, was needed). Dr. Doctor himself was very knowledgable and both he and his nurse conducted the test efficiently and competently. Absolutely no complaints; if you need an allergy specialist, this is your guy. I would highly recommend trying to schedule your appointment around terrible allergic reactions, though.

Submitted Nov. 19, 2013 | flag

I had a fortunate opportunity to be referred to Dr. Doctor for allergies. He and his staff were very professional, friendly and caring. On two occasions after my check up, the Doctor phoned me at home to check on my condition, which I might add, does not happen too often with doctors. I would reccomend Dr. Doctor to anyone requiring testing.

Submitted April 21, 2013 | flag

Doctor Doctor's office is a bit like a conveyor belt - you spend most of your time with the staff, who give the shots, and are generally great. (Except the receptionist, who is extremely rude.) Perhaps this is an OK system if you are an average patient, who fits the generic settings. However if you react to the desensitization, do not expect any customized help. "Defective" patients may be kicked out of his practice for interrupting the flow. I have deadly anaphylaxis, and really needed this doctor's help. Also read carefully any correspondence that Dr Doctor sends to your family physician about you.It may not correspond to your recollection of what happened!!

Submitted April 22, 2012 | flag

As an adult I am with another Allergist, however my son was referred to this doctor a couple years ago & was tested & is allergic to a couple specific nuts which we've kept him away from... all of sudden last night we got home after being out & he had a mild allergic reaction.To my surprise.... with Dr. Doctor if a year has passed without a visit you are no longer active & require an other referral for 1 year later..... however just maybe I could get my 4 yr old a cancellation appointment before one year.... Anyway not to pleased with the system or Dr. Doctor's internal policies when it is known the patient is allergic.

Submitted Nov. 23, 2011 | flag

no help whatsoever, seemed unconcerned with my poor health for the last 18 months and didn't seem to want to help me. would not recommend anyone waste their time to see this guy. there has to be someone better than him in the large City of Calgary.

Submitted Aug. 26, 2011 | flag

This doctor's staff-members are completely indifferent to their customers (not "patients") having to pay in excess of $20 for parking, just to show up at that office. Better for an individual to find an allergy specialist - and there are several other good specialists in Calgary - who do not "defraud" their customer of his time, or exercise an indifference to providing a paid-for parking stall. Welcome to the 21st century!

Submitted July 14, 2011 | flag

Had emergency surgery and due to my extensive allergies, was told I should get a scratch test for general anaesthesia by anaesthesia Dr. Phoned every Calgary allergist to find one who would do a scratch test for general anaesthesia. Found 2, then got the referral then the appointment - then Dr. Doctor's staff told me I needed another doctors letter stating I needed a scratch test for general anaesthesia and why. Got that. Dr. Doctor's staff claimed they got it, but it said local anaesthesia. Referral doctor claims they sent general anaesthesia. Then Dr. Doctor's staff said I needed a Doctor's letter stating the exact general anaesthesia drugs to be tested and why. My original doctor won't do this and wrote a letter to the anaesthesia Dr. who also doesn't do this. What a reflection on the Canadian medical system and a horrible waste of my time.

Submitted July 6, 2011 | flag

My body/skin is very sensitive and reacted to every thing given on the skin test. Even the saline solution created a welt. Having seen this, I wonder why Dr. Doctor didn't probe more using different kinds of testing to find out what my body is really allergic to. I feel like he wasn't really interested in finding out why my body keeps getting hives. He didn't tell me any new allergies that I didn't already know.

Submitted Feb. 6, 2011 | flag