You may also like

Rate Dr. Joel Doctor

Dr. Joel Doctor's Ratings

Saw Dr. Joel after being kept waiting almost a full year. His tech has some kind of new way to testing rather than the traditional scratch testing for allergies. His techs (both) were completely inept at running these tests, not matching the allergens with the pin prick patterns. The tiny bottles of allergens were 80% EMPTY!! So, on my arms, I only got about 3 wet spots )of allergen samples) where there should have been over 30. This happened TWICE!!. Then Dr. Joel came in. RUDE, didn't introduce himself, so I thought he was a 3r tech, until he said he studied the results and I am allergic to NOTHING. WRONG, I have anaphylaxis from seafood, penicillin, and adhesives. I said the test wasn't done properly and he argued his testing method was the "Gold Standard" of allergy tests. I told him it was BOGUS, and I'd trust a scratch test over what his techs did, and that I did NOT believe ANY of his results and walked out. What a WASTE, being kept waiting for that kind of apathetic garbage. I DON'T RECOMMEND HIM

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2788562].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2015

I'm so surprised at all the negative comments! We had a fantastic experience (expect for finding out that my daughter does indeed have a nut allergy). We didn't even sit down in the waiting room - we were taken straight in. Everybody was so kind. Dr. Doctor was patient with my toddler, listened thoroughly to me and answered all my questions. We have a follow up plan and I truly feel like we received excellent care today.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2788433].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2015

I took my 18 month old toddler because he has peanut's allergy. I've work in the medical field several years, I haven't met before a professional with such a big arrogance and horrible bedside manners. He walked out of the room ( because my son was making noise) AND SAID THAT HE CAN'T WORK LIKE THIS! and left me with a photocopy or instructions cookie cutter style and a lot of questions not answered, Does he expect a toddler to be silent and still for over 1 hour !! and after a skin allergy test? He dismissed all the blood work my son got done possible because it was from another country. My son got recently a very bad allergic reaction and I realized I was never given clear instructions about when to give an epipen and what sings of allergy I should observe to decide wheter or not to give this medication . Thankfully there was a person trained in CPR to help me.
I wish somebody so knowledgeable would care more about a patient and use his knowledge to really help a small child

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2760278].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 28, 2015

Have been seeing Dr. Doctor for 12 years and recently requested a referral to a different Immunologist in Calgary. While he is knowledgeable, he is not overly helpful with my daughters action plan or other treatments and I find him a bit arrogant with poor bedside manner. His nurses are absolutely great; however, the receptionist is extremely cold and unwelcoming. Fed up!

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2738586].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2015

The front desk lady was not very polite at all. As for Dr Doctor, he told us that my daughter had a very mild peanut allergy and not to worry about it when it turns out she's actually anaphylactic and almost died when coming into contact!!!!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2733594].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 24, 2015

I seen Dr. Doctor today. I was very nervous as the reviews weren't that great. I have to say he was so nice. He took his time. Listened to me and found a plan that works for what I'm looking for. His staff was amazing. Everyone was so kind. I arrived an hour early as we live out of town and didn't know where we were going and they got me in early. I look forward to going back in a few weeks time to start my allergy shots. I wish I would have been to him years ago! This "poor bedside manner" these reviews are talking about I never seen. Very polite, never talked down to me or cut me off.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2692906].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 22, 2015

Your time and money could be better spent than to waste it waiting 1-2 years to be seen and spending $40 on a skin prick test. Does not listen and is arrogant. The second my results were negative, despite having severe symptoms, I was told it's all in my head. He has a way of making patients who do not fit the test feel like they are insignificant and accuses you of making it all up. I felt he was unprofessional and did not answer any of my questions. Now I'm scared of what to do the next time I encounter what I am apparently not allergic to. I didn't get any advice on how to manage struggling for air or any of my other symptoms.

Was this rating useful? 6 [[ userState['ratings'][2656444].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 17, 2014

The office staff is friendly and the clinic maintains a very punctual schedule. While I do not doubt Dr. Joel Doctor's expertise in his field, be forewarned that he is a very arrogant man with extremely poor bedside manner. Due to his presumptuous, abrupt, insensitive, and dismissive nature, I sought out another allergist in city. No matter how young or old, educated or uneducated, patients deserve to be treated with the utmost dignity and respect. There are plenty of other talented and skilled allergists in city. You do not have to wait one year to see this man.

Was this rating useful? 6 [[ userState['ratings'][2642419].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2014

We were able to get in to see Dr. Doctor earlier due to a cancellation.
The nurse who looked after our son was amazing.
Our son loved the experience with her.
Dr. Joel came in on time and explained everything in a calm and through manner.
There was a $40.00 allergy test fee (it was mentioned when we got the call) which is Standard as AHC does not cover this.
We recommend Dr. Joel Doctor for anyone who has any allergies.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2521894].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2014

I didn't know what to expect when going there with my daughter so I was very nervous. The staff quickly put both out minds at ease. They were great at distracting my daughter when needed and answered all questions I had. After having a chance to let the results settle in I had additional questions that I had. I called the office and was directed with a nurse that helped me out. She was very friendly And answered every question I had and then some. She even suggested I have my dr refer me to have a test in myself given the history and concerns I had about myself. There was one question she was unable to answer so she said she would check with the dr the following day he was in. I was presently surprised with a personal call from the doctor the following day. He was just as helpful and informative and was not in a rush. The only thing I would have found helpful is to have been sent home with some information/resources on the allergy my daughter was diagnosed with.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2455608].votes_count ]]