Dr. George Valaris

Rate Dr. George Valaris

Dr. George Valaris's Ratings

We have been with Dr.V for 4 years. I love the girls there, you have to get to know them. Yes, they can have bad days but don't we all???? I love that I don't have to wait, I can get in right away and how friendly they are with y kids. All these Moms that have negative reviews, just don't know how to handle his abruptness. He is short and sweet on his answers and doesn't mess around. Will he take the time to answer your questions? Yes. Will he push medications on your child? No. Will he make sure that your child is taken care of? Yes.
If you are one of those Moms that brings your kid for any little sniffle, then I can see why you would be upset that your child is not getting the medication you want. Dr.V will do what he can to make sure your child is well taken care in his office and at home. Sometimes you have to let a cold run its course, they can not give cold medicatin to children under 6. We love him and will stick with him to the end!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2590855].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2014

great doctor, one of the best out there. very smart.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2588969].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2014

By far the worst doctor/ paediatrician in Windsor, Essex County is Dr Valaris. When my child was almost 1 he almost died. I brought my son into Dr Valaris (my sons doc) several times explaining something was wrong because he would spike a fever and three days later I would finally get it to break and it would come right back. This all started with my son receiving his MMR vaccine. It was not till almost 2 weeks later when my son started to wake up every morning with his eyes swollen shut that Dr Valaris started to take me serious. Long story short, my son almost died twice due to the lack of care in Windsor that started with Dr Valaris's ignorance. We were transported via ambulance to London, stayed for 5 weeks, lower and upper gi biopsy, 2 bags of blood, my son catching C Dif, and devastating lung infection, and my son being treated like a lab rat and still no clear answers...
Worst experience of my life due to a careless doctor. With my last baby Dr Valaris, hot to trot to stick my baby with every vaccine known to man, tried to give X an MMR shot 3 weeks before he even turned one.
The reason for my rant is because I now have new doctors and Dr Valaris office will not release my children's medical records. I went in personally today after several conversations on the phone and the receptionist says ohh that's going to cost you! (Never once said on the phone there was a fee, but then Dr Valaris decided there would be)
I ask how much? She replies lots, like a couple $100 each kid!
It is funny when Dr Valaris started in Windsor his office was crazy busy, now if you see another patient in his office it's a miracle. Guess the joke's on me for sticking with him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2540951].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2014

Staff is horrible. Why are any of them in pediatrics? They're all unpleasant, the receptionist especially. I called to make an appointment for my son, and she hung up on me before she gave me the DATE of his appointment. I called her back immediately and explained what happened, and she said, "Who are you again?" She seems like he just hates being there. Every contact I've had with her has been unpleasant. The doctor is has a lot of knowledge, but I have never had a doctor talk down to me like that before and call every physician that I've ever been in contact with a -- and I quote -- "moron." My son is a year old and was terrified by the doctor and the staff because the environment just wasn't comforting. I have never had that problem with a pediatrician before with either of my kids. I am finding a new doctor, and I would urge any parent that wants their child in a comfortable and "happy" atmosphere to do the same.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1847588].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2014

I appreciate that Dr. Valaris does not try and push antibiotics on the kids. At times, he is too much of a hurry but if you ask him pointed questions he will stop and answer. When I specifically ask if he can do something, he is usually happy to do so. When my child had an issue that most Dr's take many months to move on, he moved on it immediatly. It is easy to get in to see him on short notice and my kids have been taken care of.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1847587].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 9, 2013

What I really like about Dr. V is his availability. I foster and he takes each new child on no problem. My current one came to me at 1 day old and the hosp. nurse recommended a different pediatrician, however with CAS I had to have the baby to a doctor within 7 days, and that other doctor didn't have an opening for 6 wks! The 1st appt for a newborn at 6 weeks? Dr. V could see her right away, and always has room in the schedule for appointments within a day or two, or same day if it's urgent. He may seem a bit rough, however he is checking reactions and strength, and the babies I bring to him never cry, they are never hurt. He is interested in their health and their future, he is caring and concerned. My only 'negative' would be that there have been times where I had to wait 30-45 minutes, the lack of parking, and he can be somewhat dismissive of other doctors' opinions. But he is very supportive of my care of the child, and encouraging and kind.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1847586].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 30, 2012

Dr.Valaris is a wonderful doctor. He takes good care of my daughter and is right on things when needed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1847585].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 8, 2011

We've been with dr V for 2 years, and have never had a problem. He takes extra time to answer questions and even when I see him at work, he goes out of his way to say hi to me and answer anything I have to ask. Some of the people giving poor ratings, should look at themselves as patients as opposed to whether or not the doctor's good. The person who made the comment that Dr V told them to stop researching online, maybe that's good advice, it's one thing to read, but come on, all our vaccine's were spaced apart, thats how it goes, the people who self diagnose, or are confrontational, I can see why he's short with, I would be too...you went to him as a patient seeking a doctor, you got one, let the guy do his job, sure he's not perfect, but I would bet, neither are you. As I've stated, I have no issues at all, great guy, friendly, knowledgeable, and down to earth for us. always helped us out.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1847584].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2009

We brought our first child to Dr.V a week after his brith (hes 19 months now) at first i really liked him. Told me to trust my mothers instincts. I later found him to be short sighted. And if by chance I had an opinion that differed from his, I was made out the stupid one. I am one of those parents with vaccine concerns. I told him I wanted my child vaccinated fully, but in time. I want to space them out and wait on a few. I was told to stop researching online. So I should blindly just trust whatever he says? Our last few apts have been not very pleasant. And I recently cancelled one to avoid conflict. I do find that he generally listens to my concerns. And di refer us to an eye doc when i had a concern about my sons eye, without question. And I do love the location. For all of u who dont.. sorry not everyone lives in central windsor or on the east end. Some of us do live on the West end! And I have never waited more than 15 mins, and he has squeezed us in same day without a wait!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1847583].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 11, 2009

I'm sorry.. I do not agree with all these negatives comments about our beloved Dr. Valaris. He sees both my sons.I would never imagine taking my children to another doctor. He has never been rough with my youngest and he has ALWAYS been thorough and clear in his diagnosis and explanation. Shame on all of you who are bad mouthing him. He's friendly, highly educated and a overall nice person. If you don't like him, then go to another doctor.. I'll always stick with my Dr. V:)

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1847582].votes_count ]]