Rate Dr. John Oliver

Dr. John Oliver's Ratings

I went to Dr Oliver after being put on medical leave from work for a bad knee. I work out of the country. I came to him after seeing another Ortho in Australia who had me get an MRI & diagnosed me with osteonecrosis in the knee. When I went to Dr Oliver, he just said he wanted to see if it would fix itself on its own, so after a month (of being on crutches & in pain) I went for another MRI which showed very little difference. The adema & swelling had gone down but the lesion was still there. he gave me no idea of what he planned on doing. after another 2 months & no clear answer from this quack, he decided to send me to someone else! Who had an 8 month wait!!! So I asked my GP to find me someone else. this other Dr (Ackerman in Kamloops) saw me, had me for day surgery the next week & within a month after that I was cleared to go back to work!
Dr Oliver is an idiot & shouldn't be allowed to practice medicine. He has no idea what he's doing & is about as friendly as heartburn! I just about lost my job because of him. I even told him that I was going to be cut off from my company's medical coverage, which I was. Ive had to live for 3 months without any income & not being able to get a job because of him. Do NOT go to this idiot unless you are willing to take a chance on your health, life & livelihood. I wouldn't let this guy touch me with a 10 foot pole, much less operate on me!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2588548].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2014

Broke my ankle in 2 places. Saw Dr. Oliver pretty much straight away. Professional, helpful, knowledgeable. Told me and my husband the surgical procedure. Follow up has been excellent as well. Great bedside manner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2566187].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2014

On March 21 2014 I had a full hip replacement surgery performed by Dr. Oliver. It's now been less than 2 weeks and I'm pain free and gaining more leg and hip movement each and every day. He has been courteous and top notch professional. Thank God I don't believe everything I read and I'm able to make my own conclusion. In short; A BIG THANK YOU to Dr. Oliver and his staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2455631].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 4, 2014

I had surgery in 2013. His staff is friendly but does not answer the phone, nor return messages within a couple of days - try weeks. He is the most arrogant individual I have ever encountered. After misdiagnosing my knee in the hospital - he spent 2 minutes and missed a torn ACL, torn MCL and torn meniscus. I went through a year and half of rehab, pain and disability. Second meeting, AFTER I paid for a private MRI that showed the tears, he said I should have had surgery when it happened so my outcome wouldn't be as good now. Then I had surgery and had many complications, but he was not available for a follow up since his office was being renovated. His office booked me to see him in the hospital, and after waiting for 3 additional weeks for the appoint and 2 hours in the waiting room, he didn't bother with a full examination, did not have my records so said I had to book an office appointment. That took another month. All of his exams were cursory and he missed major problems.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1848568].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 10, 2014

He did a scope on my right knee and its doing great so far. My knee hasn't felt this good since I was 20, I can exersice again, thank you Dr Oliver.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1848567].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 17, 2012

I had my knee scoped Tuesday may 29th 2012. So far I am very happy with the results. I was able to go home and mow my lawn the same evening. I had a private MRI done March 19th 2012. The report came back and read as follows. OPINION: The study demonstrates a full thickness tear of the ACL. An intrasubstance tear of the PCL is also identified along with a slightly depressed fracture of the posterior margin of the lateral. I did have 3 surgeries cancelled but the wait time did not really exists as far as I am concerned. From the time of injury march 8th 2012 to surgery date May 29th 2012 it wasn't even 3 months. It's been 12 days and it keeps getting better everyday as long as I walk lots and don't sit around. Thank you Dr. Oliver. I should be back on the hill snowboarding next year. Time will tell I will update my status of surgery results this fall/winter. But my opinion is that Dr Oliver is a great surgeon and treated me great, in a very timely and professional manor

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1848566].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 10, 2012

I had recent scope and meniscus repair. All went well. Of course there is a wait to see Dr.Oliver just like all specialist. I know many Dr.s and pro athletes that trust him, so do I.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1848565].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2011

OMG! For all you nay sayers out there. If you need consoling, see a psychologist. If you need a friend, join FaceBook. If you need an oath surgeon, see Jack. FYI most surgeons are not social butterflies with their patients. They're busy shutting out the whiners and diagnosing the legitimate clients. He diagnosed my rare oath issue in the ER before he saw me. No he is not Mr. Congeniality but a great surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1848564].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2011

Great Dr and great team at the clinic. I have a needle phobia and the whole team made me feel super comfortable. I was concerned about the scarring after open ACL replacement surgery and he even did inside disolving stitches for me. So happy Dr Oliver and his team performed my surgery. It has been a week and barley any pain and everything is healing nicely. Heading back to work on the 28th. I would recommend him for any ACL replacement surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1848563].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 23, 2011

In 2006, I injured my right bicep tendon distil. A serious tare to the tendon, causing my bicep to be pulled away from my forearm. Oliver operated on me, explaining nothing before the operation. I was nervous about this, as I new there were options. I trusted him to retract the bicep muscle back into place and suture it. As it turns out he had other ideas about my repair. He left the bicep exactly where it was and patched it in place, with the muscle remaining pulled away from my forearm and half way up my arm toward my shoulder. Today my life has changed drastically. I have lost most of the strength in my right arm. I'm having trouble gripping things and have cramping an pain in this area daily. Today I am playing the waiting game to see other orthopaedic surgeons. I could not recommend this Dr. to anyone. He is not trust worthy. If you are injured and require an orthopaedic surgeon, I would avoid this man altogether.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1848562].votes_count ]]