Rate Dr. Sean Grondin

Dr. Sean Grondin's Ratings

I've been a patient of Dr.Grondin's coming up 3 years now. When I first found out I would need surgery to remove a tumor from my chest I was terrified and my world was changed forever. Dr.Grondin has this aura about him, where he makes you feel safe and in good hands. He is a straight shooter and comes off as very knowledgeable and kind. I have nothing but love and respect for this man, he is my hero. His bedside manner while I was in the hospital post surgery was excellent, he came to see me everyday and would always leave me with hope and confidence. I know see him every 6 months and It's a highlight of my year. I wish I could think of a way to repay him for all he has done for me. He will always have my gratitude and this man deserves all the happiness available to him.

Submitted July 25, 2014 | flag

I have nothing but praise for Dr. Grondin! He is a wonderful talented surgeon, kind and compassionate! I would recommend anyone needing a Cardiothoracic Surgeon to see Dr. Grondin and he is not hard on the eyes either lol

Submitted June 14, 2014 | flag

Simply the Best. I had a malformation called Lung Sequestration, and my Lower Left Lobe was removed last week at the Foothills Hospital. All his team is awesome!. Months ago he dedicated me 1 hour explaining me all my options and everything was according with the plan. He helped me with the decision, and I always had the perception that everything was under his control (before, during and after the surgery). He transmits confidence. He is intelligent, dedicated and respectful. If I have to put my life on his hands again, I will do it without any doubt. I was in Hospital one week, and he visited me every morning. After surgery he phoned my wife letting her know that everything was right. The following day I left the Hospital, he phoned me at home in order to confirm if I had a good night without pain. This guy is wonderful !

Submitted May 17, 2013 | flag

5 years ago I had half a ling removed by Dr. Grodin. I just finished doing the Sartan Race in Calgary 2012. I am 61 years of age. He is the best Doctor going.

Submitted Aug. 19, 2012 | flag

Excellent surgeon. He explained everything upfront and that made me feel more confident and calm. Right before the surgery he sat down with me and my husband and went through eveything again. He promised to call my husband after the surgery and he did. Whatevere he said he will do, he did. There were no surprises.

Submitted March 26, 2012 | flag

An amazing doctor. Knowledgeable, confident and warm, he had the ability to comfort and ease most anxiety. Very straight forward, but in a polite and positive way. The best doctor you could hope for.

Submitted Nov. 4, 2011 | flag

Fantastic person and surgeon. My total experience throughout my surgery and recovery was excellent by all involved at the Foothills hospital.

Submitted Oct. 11, 2011 | flag

Everything he said he would do he did. I found him to be a good surgeon and not bad at explaining things. I did get the impression he was on edge most of the time but then I guess his job is very busy.

Submitted Sept. 10, 2011 | flag

Very good Surgeon!! He was very caring and made sure all my questions were answered.

Submitted April 25, 2011 | flag

The most arrogant man I have ever met. A god complex. Answered a question about infection "you will have to ask my staff, I don't deal with issues that trivial". Berated a greaving wife. He performed a surgery that wasn't neccesary, and was decent up until he failed in the surgery. He told my father that he is not healthy enough to ever leave the hospital, and then went on to tell him what a painful death he should expect. As he recovered , he then said he won't live past 3 months, and to expect lots of pain and suffering. Is this how to treat a patient? His staff however was courteous and excellent to deal with. My father is alive and active 6 months later. My advice? Look elsewhere.

Submitted Oct. 21, 2010 | flag