Rate Dr. Chi-Ieng Chow

Dr. Chi-Ieng Chow's Ratings

I called to ask if they were accepting new patients, then she said "NO WE ARE NOT" with a very angry mean tones, so then I ask if she knew any other Chinese doctors are accepting new patients, then she said "NO I DONY KNOW BYE!" With a even angrier tones and hang up on me. Story of my day.

Submitted July 4, 2014 | flag

I went in to see her about my dry lips and how they were hurting me. Her recommendation was to go to the store and buy lip stick to put on them. I was fustrated with her recommendation and lack of punctuality. She is also my parents doctor. Doctor patient confidentiality was breached as she told my parents about the visit. I am contemplating on reporting her to the ethics board. I would not recommend her to any one!!!

Submitted May 24, 2012 | flag

i have been a patient of this doc since i was just a little kid, and she was my moms doc as well. she has to many patients and not enough time to care for them. every time i had to see her i dreaded making an apt because i knew i would be waiting in her office for more then an hour. and after waiting all that time to see her i would get maybe 1-3 min of her time and i was usually not feeling satisfied and feeling more confused. i find her very stupid and uncaring. she delivered one of my kids and she was my doc for one more pregnancy which she didn't make it to the hospital to deliver. and her response when she got there was " o well i still get paid for it" then she starts to make a call on her cell phone in the delivery room. also she was caring for a friend of mine who went to see her with a concern of a lump on her breast, and dr says its nothing to worry about, but it turns out it was cancer

Submitted Nov. 21, 2011 | flag

Dr. Chow is a good Doctor and a straight shooter. Her secretary "Francis" is incompetent and thoroughly unlikeable. Dear Francis; you are NOTHING, and you are ugly on the inside and the outside. One day, Dr. Chow will realize she needs to fire the thing that sits behind the desk. She should be escorted out. The day cannot come too soon.

Submitted July 7, 2011 | flag

I honestly feel the comments on this site are very misleading to the service provided by this doctor. She is a really nice, caring woman who takes the time to help you out. Also, i think way too many people are looking past how wonderful it is that this Dr. will fit you in for an appointment within an hour if needed! That is extremely rare and for someone like me who has frequent UTI's, it's a god sent to be able to get a perscription within hours of my symptoms appearing. Lot's of comments complain about her bedside manner but let's get real, she's a doctor not a counsellor;If your overweight, like me,face it. It's not her job to sugar coat things and perscribe you weight loss pills when the honest truth is exactly the advice she'll give: stop eating so much! Ovderall, she's accomodating, funny, and knowledgable. But, if you want to have a pitty party and play the victim for illnesses that you've blown out of proportion, this is not the doctor for you!

Submitted June 22, 2011 | flag

First, let me start with her secretary. This lady is the rudest person I have probably met in my life. She favors people of her ethnicity (Filipino) and looks down on people of other colours. While sitting in the waiting room, she would often speak really loudly and in a friendly way to the Filipino patients but would speak rudely and would give minimal attention to other patients. On the phone, she is rude too and would hang up without saying bye or anything. She should be fired. As for Dr. Chow, just because she has been my family physician for the longest time, she thinks that she can treat me casually and without manners. She should go back to school to learn proper clinical skills and basic manners. Although she may be knowledgeable, she is not helpful at all since she always tries to rush patients out the door. Rude and should get her license removed.

Submitted Nov. 17, 2010 | flag

Last time i visited her because of the seasonal flu with fever. She told me that i don't need to see doctor if "just a flu" and i think what she wanted to say is " you are wasting my time" and rushed me out. Dr. Chow is honest but rude sometimes. I believe she is knowledgable enough to be a doctor. But she just needs a little professional manner training. Especially that receptionist, she is horrible and unfriendly to those who are not Filipino.

Submitted Feb. 24, 2010 | flag

To the point, and honest...and that is what everyone else on this site has a problem with, Yes, Dr. Chow will tell you that you are fat, because you are, so instead of using these sites to put down your physician, take a good look at yourself, you are what she says you are, you just don't want to hear it! She is very knowledgeable and Caring, I really appreciate hearing the truth, too many people look for excuses... Chow won't let you get away with that, and you should be grateful for that.

Submitted Feb. 7, 2010 | flag

Dr. Chow Delivered me and 2 of my children I have had painful miscarriages due to her not listing to my concerns. I seen her for 24 yrs and I'm on 3ed baby have a wonderful caring new doc and i will never see her again my mother stopped seeing her my father all 3 of my sisters and 2 brothers and other family members (8 others) that should say something about the kind of person she is.

Submitted Dec. 15, 2009 | flag

speaking on behalf of a several family members - Her patient was depressed and went in to seek treatment. Her reply was "If you're so depressed, go HANG yourself!" What at wretched, inhuman comment! WHAT KIND OF DOCTOR WOULD SAY THAT TO A DEPRESSED PATIENT? She'll be facing the consequences. Another one of her patients was diagnosed with cancer. She had known this for a while, but never informed the patient OR the patient's family about his illness until 2 months before the day he passed away. Awful. I personally have had many horrible experiences with her too, many of which are inappropriate to post. Many of my Chinese friends and co-workers see her only because she's one of the few doctors in Winnipeg who can speak Chinese. They all have had bad experiences with her. There is no difference between going to see her and not going to see a doctor at all. This doctor has had many lawsuits files against her. The health board should eliminate or at least suspend her physician's license.

Submitted Nov. 3, 2009 | flag