Rate Dr. Kenneth B. Whitworth

Dr. Kenneth B. Whitworth's Ratings

Bad follow up with dentist and lack of disclosure upfront about X-rays and about full amount due at time of surgery. Also the surgery failed on one tooth.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2455654].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 21, 2014

Wonderful experience! The staff was friendly. The doctor was pleasant and professional. Our children did amazingly well after having their wisdom teeth removed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1852165].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2013

Two of my children had their wisdom teeth removed here. One of them was extremely nervous, as she is with anything involving blood pressure cuffs and needles. Dr. Whitworth dealt with her beautifully. Both of my kids healed with absolutely no problem. I was also happy with the pre-surgery consultations. Dr. Whitworth was very informative and approachable, and addressed a couple concerns I had after previous experience with a different oral surgeon. The staff was great with the follow-up support and instructions. With one of my kids, it took a very long time to get the insurance payments complete. I don't know exactly why that was, but as the calendar year was coming to a close, I did make a few extra phone calls so that we would be able to get it all settled in time to use our healthcare reimbursement funds for our portion. I intend to take my other kids to him if/when they need their wisdom teeth removed (their dad had room for all of his!!)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1852164].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 18, 2013

I waited about an hour after my appt. to see the doc. then he explained the procedure and sent it the "financial expert" to explain the costs. She promised me she will call me within 2 days to give me a more accurate estimate after she spoke with he insurance and it's been 2.5 months and haven't heard from her. Then I called to ask for a copy of my x-rays and they told me I had to pay $195 for a copy. I just found out that my insurance paid them $266 for them and will call them back to get a copy for free this time! I contacted the doc. via email 3 weeks after my visit to let him know that I've been waiting for them to contact me so that I can schedule my asurgery, but no luck. I thought If I let him know of the problem he would fix it, but no luck, so i will look for another doc. and will NOT give them my business ($10K)worth of services!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1852163].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 25, 2011

Good oral surgeon, rude office staff member.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1852162].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 6, 2007

The Dr was very nice, seemed knowlegeable, however he did not mention possible benefit of calcium grafts, which another surgeon (recommended to me by 3 dentists)did. I definitely have a problem with the office staff. They performed X-rays on me, without telling me a copy of them to take to the next oral surgeon consultation would cost 90.00. I had to choose between unneccesary,extraneous X-rays or paying an extra $90.00. The girls there, Cindy and Sunny, were pleasant at first, then extremely rude, accusing me of "trying to rip off the company" when I only said kindly that they should advise people of the charge before performing X-rays so they don't get stuck like I did. A friend of mine had extractions and grafts from Dr Whitworth and as far as I know, she is satisfied, although she said she also wasn't advised of the possible charge before the X-rays were taken.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1852161].votes_count ]]