Rate Dr. Thomas P. Sokol

Dr. Thomas P. Sokol's Ratings

I have gone to Dr. Sokol for many years. Very helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable. He has always explained procedures and reasons. I highly recommend Dr. Thomas sokol.

Submitted Aug. 29, 2013 | flag

Dr. Sokol saved my elderly mom's life and added 11 years (so far) to it because of his skill as a rectal surgeon. He is a miracle worker and many other docs who have seen her since her surgery agree. And he has a great sense of humor about his line of work.

Submitted Sept. 9, 2010 | flag

Booked a consulation with this doctor concerning a piece of skin and the possiblity of removal. Without any explaination or warning during exam, this doctor shooved a needle up my anus. This has caused months of pain that have not gone away. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.

Submitted June 7, 2009 | flag

Wonderful physician. Both my husband and I have been going to see him for years. Explains everything in great detail, and does not talk down to you. Highly recommend to anyone. Has a great sense of humour.

Submitted May 27, 2007 | flag

Sclerosed internal hemorrhoids without explaining what the procedure involved and what the downside was. The result was increased inflammation and worsened spasming, so much so that my referral to physical therapy for constipation (caused by anismus) was discontinued when the referring doctor learned that this procedure had been performed. Sokol, who on his website lists constipation as one of his clinical interests, must have known that sclerosing would make my constipation worse, because it caused inflammation, irritation and spasming. Nevertheless, he went ahead with the procedure without explaining to me what it was and how it would affect me.

Submitted Dec. 4, 2006 | flag