Dr. Tom Best

Rate Dr. Tom Best

Dr. Tom Best's Ratings

Not sure why anyone would bash Dr.Best. He is the best doctor I have ever had the priviledge of meeting. He has treated my son since he was 2.5 years old and he is thirteen now. If it wasn't for Dr. Best being persistent, and looking out for my son's best interest, I don't know where he would be. My husband and I were in denial and Dr Best gently pushed us to get the testing done. He was right of course. Dr Best truly cares about his patients, and he is ALWAYS on time. My son can thank Dr Best for giving him he best life possible.

Submitted Jan. 31, 2013 | flag

I believe that the only people that bring their children to see this man are people that honestly dont know any better or cannot go out of the province or to another city for care. When we moved to Saskatoon by type 1 son aged 2.5 yrs was on an insulin pump and he had great blood sugars. Dr Best wanted to take him off the insulin pump and put him on needles. The NERVE. My son had great A1Cs and is and was doing amazing on a pump.He also suggested I give him all of his fast acting insulin for his 11am snack at 8am in the morning. How on earth would that work? Sometimes at 11am he is low and doesnt even need insulin. This man is a horrible doctor, has no idea how to care for diabetic children in the year 2011. I feel sorry for all the families that are stuck with this man and all the lives he is hurting. I also heard of a patient of his paying for her own pump and he told her if she went on a pump to never seek help from him again. RUN from this man if he is recommended!!!!!!

Submitted Dec. 12, 2011 | flag

We have been working with Dr. Best for about 4 years. He was excellent from the start and remains to have good bedside manners with my daughter. However when we have continues to have repeated concerns with her symptoms and very unstable blood test results he disregarded everything we were saying. On a few occasions he had even walked out of the room while we were in conversation. After one year of our concerns not even thought about I requested a second opinion, which has taken us out of province. Even with the request to go out of province he still denied any problems other than saying well there might be this other disorder happening because of the tumour in my daughters brain. He did not know much about it so I looked it up at home after the apt and found that he SHOULD have known about it as it is part of his specialty in endocirnology. Glad we got the referral elsewhere!

Submitted Sept. 11, 2010 | flag

Dr. Best is terrible when we had concerns about our daughter blood sugars he would just say give her more Humalog he would rarely return our calls once we questioned his motives to her treatment and I myself being diabetic it went from bad to worse we had to travel out of prov to get treatment worst Dr ever with no choice unless you travel out of prov because he is the only one in SK

Submitted Jan. 7, 2010 | flag

I love Dr Best, he took good care of my infant daughter in diagnosing and finding treatment for her. He also took the time to educate us as parents so we could understand her illness, the treatment and also the dietary changes that would be necessary for her health.

Submitted Dec. 2, 2009 | flag

I've been seeing Dr. Tom Best for the past 15 years. He has always been amazing to my family and to me. I am very thankful I had the luck of having him as part of my diabetes team. Count yourself lucky if you can see this doctor.

Submitted Oct. 27, 2009 | flag

I have seen Dr Best for the last 14 years for my diabetes and not until I was studying patient management for the medically compromised did I learn anything about the complications related to diabetes. I have always worked hard to maintain my blood glucose levels but he always judges me on my results and makes me feel like I'm useless. I never feel comfortable talking about my self care to him. Unless you have diabetes yourself how can you judge my control? I'm not perfect and I'm not claiming to be but maybe if I had know the complications I would have taken it more seriously than I already do. I think he knows what he's doing and I'm responsible for my own health but if I hadn't seen him things wouldn't be any different for me now, he hasn't been effective for aiding me in my individual situation

Submitted Dec. 14, 2008 | flag

Too bad that you cannot clone a person. Dr. Best could teach a lot of arrogant, ignorant, uncaring physicians exactly how one should act. Dr. Best treated my 13 year old boy like a real person. He even ran up and down the steps with my boy during some physical testing. Awesome!

Submitted Oct. 7, 2008 | flag

Dr. Best is a wonderful doctor and has been so good to our daughter, who was diagnosed with congenital hypothyroidism. Anytime she has seen him he is friendly and interacts with her, making her feel comfortable with him. I have recommended him to others.

Submitted July 30, 2008 | flag

Dr Best helped my son with his Graves Disease/Diabetes double whammy diagnosis this last winter. He's really good at answering your questions and treated my son with lots of teasing and compliments. Wasn't condescending at all like some doctors.

Submitted May 30, 2008 | flag