Dr. Doug Hobson

Dr. Doug Hobson

Rate Dr. Doug Hobson

Dr. Doug Hobson's Ratings

I have been seeing this doctor for 8 years and simply put, he is the best specialist I have yet to see, and I have seen many! He is universally respected world-wide. Hope he never leaves MB.

Submitted April 23, 2014 | flag

I have been a patient of dr. H for several years and find him to be compassionate , knowledgable , friendly zinc patient with my dumb questionable. I am told that when it comes to Parkinson's he is world famous

Submitted Jan. 16, 2014 | flag

a very good docter helped my mother out a lot adjusted her meds good where other Drs. We've seen could' nt get right a true Professional & an around nice guy to get to know o

Submitted Nov. 29, 2013 | flag

Dr. Hobson has an attitude problem. He diagnosed my husband with Dystonia and tried him on several medications that did not work. When he decided to take him off the meds serious withdrawal problems occured. Researching withdrawal symptoms I found out why my husband was having the difficulties he was experiencing, so much for the medical profession. Although Dr. Hobson apologized for what he put us through, he no longer wants to see us, likely because we are a constant reminder to himself that he is as imperfect a human being as the rest of us. He cannot seem to accept his own humanity, his attitude is one of self-importance and superiority. He needs to get off his high horse.

Submitted Nov. 7, 2013 | flag

Has been my doctor for 6 years and as I see him regularly, I can attest to him being, in my opinion, the best of the best, a doctor's doctor! Brilliant, caring, engaging and never rushes me. We are so lucky to have this award winning specialist in our city. If we are lucky he will never leave for twice the pay somewhere in the U.S.

Submitted Aug. 4, 2012 | flag

I see some have recently characterized this doctor as having an attitude problem, I sure missed it! He was patient, thorough and respectful. Diagnosed me first visit and has led my treatment team

Submitted Sept. 13, 2011 | flag

I was sent to this Dr for a second opinion of psychogenic diagnosis. It was the agenda. My childhood and all following years have nothing to do with my current health problem. I was told that being a strong person, I turned my stress inwards onto myself and caused myself to be sick. Until I spoke to a patient advocate, I allowed this to follow me from appt to appt. I was in great pain, but this diagnosis, caused me not to receive any medical care for some time. Upon finding a new Dr I was given appropriate tests, which I was not previously given. Those tests revealed muscle damage. I am still in the process of a final diagnosis, but seeing this Doctor set me back for some time. You CANNOT diagnosis a person with psychogenic, in ONE visit. Do not accept this if you know yourself as a person, and know you are not well.

Submitted Aug. 11, 2011 | flag

PLEASE do NOT put Dr. Hobson's name in the same breath as Dr. West! There just is no comparison. When you are haughty and aloof you do not 'listen' to the patient and consequently some poor decisions have been made by such doctors. Hoping he can humble himself and really do what he was trained to do.

Submitted March 31, 2011 | flag

Misdiagnosed me with "psychogenic" movement disorder when I have nerve damage. I did not feel that he wrote an accurate final report. Which caused me delay in receiving proper medical care. I was in a great deal of pain and suffering for some time. My condition deteriorated. I am fortunate that a excellent physical therapist was able to recognize the symptoms of nerve damage, challenge the dx and ordered further testing. So that I could receive the proper medical care.

Submitted Jan. 11, 2010 | flag

A world class physician who has just been awarded the Manitoba Medical Association's most prestigious award. Distinguished Service Award for 2008. I have never had such genuine attention and concern from a doctor...from any professional in fact.

Submitted Feb. 20, 2009 | flag