Rate Dr. Kerry Galenzoski

Dr. Kerry Galenzoski's Ratings

First, let me say that in my opinion Dr. Galenzoski seems to be a very good doctor and psychiatrist.

Now, the problem - and the elephant in the room for her patients - is the odour in the office. As many have noted below, there is a disturbing smell that is steadily getting worse over time. Someone below referred to it as "old folks home" smell but this is an understatement unless the old folks all died last month. Maybe she does not smell it because she is accustomed to it from being in there for so long but I find it very distracting. I don't think that it is her as a live creature could not produce this smell. At my most recent appointment there was a point in time where I actually thought I might become physically sick from the smell.

I really am not sure if I can continue with Dr. Galenzoski solely for this reason which is sad because I think she is otherwise an ok doctor. At the end of the day I do not want a doctor visit to turn into a gag reflex endurance test.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2713442].votes_count ]]

Submitted Feb. 7, 2015

Currently I do not see this doctor. However, I have done quite a bit of research and have heard great things about her. I am in desperate need of a new psychiatrist, as mine has decided, after 5 years, not to treat me moving forward. I am devastated and feel completely lost. I am sure Dr. Galenzoski is not taking new patients but I have nothing to lose by finding out for sure. My biggest obstacle right now is finding out how to contact her or have my GP write a referral. Anyone know of an ethical way to get in touch with this doctor as I am sure she would not want her number pasted on the internet. If you can help, I would appreciate it. I am growing tired of visiting the Crisis Response Centre for help.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2693530].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 22, 2015

Dr. Galenzoski is the best psychiatrist I have ever had. I have had some major problems that have left mental scars and I have found her sessions helpful. She is professional and seems to care about me. My only con is that as one of the other posters said, there is an extreme "old folks home" type odour in the office that is unpleasant. I did not let it effect my ratings as it really has nothing to do with her care but I think it would be a much more pleasant visit if it could be improved.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2455678].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014

Dr. Galinzoski is very nice and has helped me a lot but her office and her has a funny smell and it would be nice if she wore some perfume or something to cover it up. She is a very good psychiatrist though and the drugs I am on have no side effects. Other doctors before Dr. Galinzoski put me on drugs with lots of side effects and I think Dr. Galinzoski knows a lot about the drugs so you don't get side effects. She is very polite and asks good questions that make me think about things in my life.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1854616].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2009

Dr.Galenzoski is definately the best doctor in this city. Believe me, I've seen a lot of them, and she is the only one who has been able to help me, and actually takes the time to monitor all my meds. If I didn't have her to talk to I don't know where I would be. I always look forward to seeing her, and feel much better after every session. She is very professional, yet you feel very comfortable talking to her. She is always early, and I know this because I am usually about 30 mins early for my appointments, and she always beats me there. Thank you very much Dr. Galenzoski, and you mean so much to all your patients who you need you!!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1854615].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 6, 2008

Kerry has been responsive, solid, understanding, supportive, and prompt when I needed her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1854614].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2008

What impresses me most about Dr. G. is that she meets me where I am. She asks lots of questions but rarely imposes her own values. In fact, it's often hard to tell where she stands on certain issues--which is good. Rather, she helps me figure out if my reasons for doing/thinking/believing certain things are valid or not. Sometimes it drives me nuts that I don't know where she stands on an issue but that is also her strength. She's compassionate. and friendly--NEVER mentions her own issues or experiences (I have had a therapist do that). She has a great memory for things we've talked about in the past. She's a great encourager. She never tries to put words in my mouth and is quite willing to wait as I think on how to answer her. She's very good at answering my questions with questions of her own--which gets me thinking. She's very willing to let me decide what we're going to talk about in a given visit and yet remains very much in control of what takes place. She's awesome.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1854613].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2008

This is Dr. Galenzoski. I was concerned to read the comment below regarding my personal issues being discussed in a session. I would not ever discuss personal issues with patients, as it is countertherapeutic. It was helpful to read the feedback, please read my more detailed response to the commment below, under "feedback". Ususally when patients ask if I have children, I use it as an opportunity to explore why they are asking. I certainly would never bring personal issues to a session, it would be highly unprofessional and counterproductive. However, I will use the feedback to modify my practice accordingly. As always, I appreciate the feedback. K Galenzoski

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1854612].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 9, 2007

Fantastic psychiatrist. She is very friendly and the best thing about her is that she is a real person like you and me. She has lots of problems with her husband and kids like everyone else and I can really relate to her. Recommended!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1854611].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 8, 2007

Dr. Galeinzoski is an awesome doctor! She is always on time, very well organized, and very helpful. She is so easy to talk to, it's like have a really great talk with a close friend. I find myself looking forward to every appointment. I'm glad I was referred to her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1854610].votes_count ]]