Rate Dr. Earl Minuk

Dr. Earl Minuk's Ratings

Above it says he was rated #15 out of 19 Dermatologists in Winnipeg. I don't understand how he even got a rating that high ! Got referred to Dr. Minuk from my family doctor and had my appointment yesterday. I've had skin problems my whole life. Growing up with severe eczema and being allergic to many skin products caused a great deal of grief over the years. Went to see Dr. Minuk about these issues and with helping me prevent a new skin problem I recently developed. First I waited in his office for over an hour. Then he walks in finally and says: "K let's make this quick." Umm k... Then I proceed to tell him all about my skin problems and he cuts me off every two seconds and I can barely finish a sentence before he says: "Well pick 2 problems and we'll talk about those only." So unprofessional. So then he says he can't help me because he doesn't see anything wrong with my skin... but it's just because it wasn't flared up at the time of my appointment. So I ask if based on my symptoms if he could prescribe me something that could help for when it does flare up which is frequently. He says no he can't do anything unless he can see it. Then he starts writing down over the counter lotions I should use to hydrate my skin (AS IF I HAVEN'T ALREADY TRIED EVERY LOTION, GEL AND OIL IN THE PHARMACY) and he looks at me and can tell I'm frustrated so he asks: "Is that okay?" I obviously said no and that I'm tired of doctors telling me to use everyday lotion when it is OBVIOUSLY not working. Then I tell him about all the prescribed medicine I have or have tried over the years and he is like staring blankly at nothing not even listening because he doesn't care. Then finally prescribes me a chicken scratch written prescription. I bring it to the pharmacy and they give me a medicine I already currently have which I stated to Dr. Minuk that I had it. Basically, going to Dr. Minuk is a huge waste of time. He is not helpful, he doesn't care about patients and their problems at all and he's extremely arrogant and rude. I will never be going to him ever again nor will I ever refer anyone to him. He is an awful doctor and I'm embarrassed I even went there in the first place. Take my advice and do yourselves a favor and DO NOT go see this dermatologist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2656356].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 17, 2014

Botched Botox.. I will finish my horror story once I see how College of Physicians and Surgeons handles the permanent damage as a result of his work. Bedside manner... before the damage... oozing with superficial placating nonsense. After his "mistake"... he is repulsive, arrogant . He does not take responsibility whatsoever, demeaning insolent s.o.b.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2647732].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2014

Ohh boy how do I even start.... I had a terrible experience with him. I went there about a month ago for acne, I broke out on my cheeks and it was really upsetting me. I was looking forward to this appointment on hopes of getting something to help me and maybe any kind of advice at what went wrong that caused this break out! So I went for my appointment, it took a hour and a half to see him.... I understand running late but come on the only reason I made this appointment so early at 8:30 was so I could make it to my university after it. As I was waiting in the room I poked my head out and asked him how much longer because I have school, then he quickly came. I feel like he hated me after I did that, he asked me what i was doing that might have caused this break out. I had very clear skin but then started to get breakouts, so then I used this new product which literally broke out my both cheeks so bad. I told him that and he said no that can't happen. So I said yeah it did there's clearly a huge correlation.... Then he got mad and said "okay are u going to let me speak?" WOW pretty much told me to shut up. I couldn't believe he said that. Long story short he gave me antibiotics. I took them for a week but then decided to stop and decided to change my diet and lifestyle. My acne is almost all gone no thanks to him. Very happy I cured this on my own so I don't ever have to see his face again. Even if I do get future skin issues I'll just wait the months for another derm that will actually show some respect. Dr minuk is horrible so grumpy just reitre already!!!! Complete idiot

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2640396].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2014

Short and sweet. This guy isn't nice. He does rush you and from my experience completely rips you off. Had much better... EVERYTHING at another clinic I found at a glance.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2635718].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 28, 2014

I'm very happy with treatment I'm receiving at Dr. Minuk's clinic on Corydon. Considering the fact that I had a very bad experience 5 years ago, as people now a days can take a day or 2 of training and open there own business in laser hair removal. Now I feel confident and know I will be taken care of professionally by him and his assistants. They are polite, friendly, and I'm in and out on time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2628668].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2014

Sorry to say but I agree with the reviewsers that say they were rushed. I wish he spent double the time with me. That would have been a total of 3 minutes. Start back at the beginning . A mole that bleeds I would like removed . He told me he doesn't cut out moles.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2609577].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2014

Unfortunately, this team pressured me to accept more filler than appropriate, and Dr. Minuk made it clear that he did not care how it looked, he would put in "any amount" I was willing to take! As a result, not only did I look weird for maybe 4-5 months, (face is 100% better now with still some filler, just not as much) but I now have a lot of sagging under my chin that has ruined my profile as the filler has gone down to an acceptable level. Think very carefully about this --now, if I want my normal profile back, I will need a surgery to tighten up the skin under my jaw. I am in my mid-twenties and it look very unnatural --very noticeable-- to have that degree of sag, exactly proportionate, it seems, to the filler going down. My advice is: do not allow the staff to pressure you to accept a "better deal" if you think it will be too much. Dr. Minuk, again, made it clear that he did not care how it looked --he would do as much as I would take.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2607437].votes_count ]]

Submitted Nov. 5, 2014

Dr. Minuk was fantastic. His staff was also very friendly and helpful. definitely recommend this clinic and doctor to everyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2572945].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2014

Fantastic results - very talented and knowledgeable. I have has Botox regularly in the United States and have always bruised, Dr. Minuk was gentle and I had absolutely no bruising. The best results I have ever had as a result of Dr. Minuk's expertise.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2572106].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2014

Dr. Minuk was very helpful and respectful with my daughter when she had acne issues. As well, his staff was very warm and friendly towards us, creating a nice environment for my daughter to be situated in for the time being as she is under confident in her own skin. Great experience at this clinic, highly recommend it. I truly do not understand the bad and low ratings on this doctor. I had nothing but a pleasurable experience. Thanks Dr. M!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2509322].votes_count ]]