Rate Dr. K Yong-Hing

Dr. K Yong-Hing's Ratings

Submitted Aug. 18, 2014 | flag

First thing he did was ask why I was there. I told him I wanted to know what was wrong with my back. He asked if I wanted surgery and I told him I did not. He is very straight to the point and often stopped me in mid-sentence if what I was saying was not helpful. Dr. Yong-Hing examined me thoroughly and he explained to me what he thought the problem was. An MRI confirmed it and he has since made the option of surgery available. He seemed to be very effective at what he does.

Submitted March 12, 2014 | flag

Worst treatment of family I have ever seen surgery concluded on schedule and for 2 hrs after I never seen or spoke to Dr. Of course I am waiting and worrying in the waiting room. Thinking something has gone wrong. When Dr Hing did arrice he said both himself and colleague had come. I never moved from spot even to go to washroom.He had my ph.number no one attempted to even call. I had to go to recovery room only to find out he was there for over hour. When Dr Hing finally did come and speak to me was very rude. When I tried to ask a question..he rudelly interjected and said "Can I talk" I said by all means. He interjected and said "you go ahead you obviously want to talk" I work in health care and never gave I as a family member received such poor care as a worried family Member. Then when I went to pick up my husband in recovery my husband told me boy that Dr ripped my head off when I tried to ask him how everything went. I can't believe a Dr would treat a patient this way right after

Submitted Nov. 5, 2013 | flag

Amazing Doctor. WCB/SGI/disability clients just looking for a pay check are often mad when their benefits are cut off. Too bad really. Only a smart surgeon will save you the pain and long recovery of a spine operation if it WILL NOT HELP!

Submitted Feb. 29, 2012 | flag

Dr. Yong-Hing is an amazing doctor. His bed side manner could use some work but all that really matters is that he knows what he is doing, can explain the risk factors and is the best surgeon out there. I had a herniated disc and horrible pain. He saw me a few times, gave me options, made it clear that he couldn't guarantee a fix and we jointly decided that surgery was the best for me. He fixed me. He is wonderful, wonderful wonderful. Thank-you Dr. Yong-Hing.

Submitted April 14, 2011 | flag

This is the most rude and insulting person I have ever met. He is so full of himself, he could not understand my wife's problems. He said that he did not need an MRI as he already knew what he was dealing with. He treated us with the lowest respect we have ever encountered in the medical feild. He would not alow anyone in the room, but my wife. After he ranted at her for 15 mins, he called me in and continued to insult our inteligence. I will definitely not return to him. He should not be in a position to deal with public. He may likely be a very good surgeon, but with his bedside manner he would never have the chance to prove that to me.

Submitted Dec. 28, 2009 | flag

I found this Dr. to be very rude would not allow wife in room with us.Ask " why are you here?" stated that the bulging disc that is pressing on my nerve ( confirmed by MRI ) would not get worse so live with the pain. He told me to just keep active. Then I told him that 15 minutes of activity caused me to be layed up for the next 2 days, then he asked why I do the activity and I told he to keep active. VERY CONTRADICTORY with his explanations and answers. Ask for a second opinion.

Submitted Nov. 16, 2009 | flag

Terrible bed side manners. He was rude and unsympathetic. He said that he didn't know what I was upset about. I was in so much pain that I was vomitting! I couldn't walk from my bedroom to my kitchen without having excuritating pain."I should be happy that I do not require surgery" (which I am) and to just "deal with" the pain.

Submitted Nov. 2, 2009 | flag

Used fear tactics. Even had the audacity to say that there was a risk of getting AIDS, despite the fact that Canadian Blood Services tests all the blood, from the blood transfusion needed in the surgery. Felt he just didn't feel like doing the operation. Did not understand the severity of the pain and was very dismissive.

Submitted March 16, 2009 | flag

my background is in medicine; i accompanied my father to his consult with dr. yong-hing. we knew the consult was important and we were willing to wait and prepared ourselves with snacks and juice. medically, i have never witnessed a more thorough clinical neurological and orthopedic assesment of a patient; with adept assimilation of medicine and history taking with the outcome of an exact diagnosis;short term and long term medical and surgical plan. his resident was also thorough and contributed to the final outcome, his receptionist professional and empathetic. my father didnot feel rushed and was able to contribute his symptoms and history verbally to his profound satisfaction. we are grateful for dr. yong-hing's experience; and of course; the vital support and diagnosis he provided for my father. thank you.

Submitted Feb. 4, 2009 | flag