Rate Dr. Mohammad Haerian

Dr. Mohammad Haerian's Ratings

Dr. Mohammad Haerian should have his licensed revoked. He is negligent, sloppy and does not act in his patients best interests.

This "doctor" mismanaged my loved-ones case for YEARS. So much so that my partner is in 3rd stage renal failure. All due to poor management and monitoring by Dr. Haerian. He has a way of making his patients feel as though they have no other options... creating a God-Like image of himself to his patients. Who would want to leave such a doctor? His only interest was in refilling prescriptions -- which he did inaccurately 95% of the time. For an individual with mental illness, needing to manage their caretaker is absurd. This man should have been an advocate, he was nothing more than a drug dealer.
The office staff is unprofessional and condescending. The Doctor himself was more interested in shuffling us out his door than listening to the symptoms and issues my loved one was living with. COUNTLESS times we said treatment was not working. Dr. Haerian did not act to improve my boyfriends life. He had his "cocktail" prescription and didn't stray far from it. 14 minutes and he was getting ready to get us up and out the door. When we decided to leave his care, he "threatened" his us with... "They will take your Adderall away". Knowing full-well that this was a drug perceived by his patient to be crucial in his day to day life. We have been in the care of a competent doctor for approximately 3 years now. Multiple new drugs have been tried and we are doing GOOD. Our current psychiatrist is professional, thorough, available during a crisis, returns calls -- she is an advocate for my boyfriend. She does not merely fill the same prescriptions over and over. She listens, she adjusts, she is looking at his overall health.
Had Dr. Haerian done his job, we could have avoided 3rd Stage Renal Failure. He was negligent, pompous and dismissive of our concerns. I haven't even touched on the issue that when we asked for the records, he gave a small packet of notes (for over 8 years of nearly monthly visits). In this packet -- notes and blood work from other patients were mixed in. I'm not convinced he even knew who he was treating half the time. He has lost touch with the patient and their needs -- he does not deserve his office and the letters that follow his name.
IF you have fallen under his enchantment, think twice and ask yourself if your mental health be better? Competence is crucial and Dr. Mohammad Haerian is lacks professionalism, competence and basic therapeutic skills.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2513685].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2014

My son is 14 and has been seeing Dr. Haerian for five years. Even after moving to VA, we still travel the two and a half hours to see him. He is a wonderful doctor. He is compassionate, caring and really listens to my son. He takes his time and has NEVER rushed us out of his office. Because we live so far away now, he has given us his email to stay in touch about my son's status and medication management. I would highly recommend Dr. Haerian. Love this man, he is very personable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][644243].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2012

While we usually wait longer than desired, and the staff, while cheery, or a bit sub-par, this man is incredibly good at what he does. He takes not a single note during the session, so as to be able to engage you in coversation, but, after sessions, appears to record everything that occured, able to quote you exactly three sessions later. He'll make adjustments as needed, will give you all the information you need about various medications, and, of the half dozen psychiatrists I've been to, is clearly the best choice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][644242].votes_count ]]