Dr. Christopher Voll

Dr. Christopher Voll

Rate Dr. Christopher Voll

Dr. Christopher Voll's Ratings

I love Dr Voll. I see him every 3 months and have for 5 years. He is quiet and reserved but that is just his nature. He is NOT rude or standoffish. And I admit Lorraine his secretary isn't all warm and fuzzy but she is cooperative and knowledgeable.

Submitted May 25, 2014 | flag

I saw dr Voll at the EMG clinic. I was much more impressed with him after my visit. I saw the referring doctor and had been told he was not the neurologist I was sent to. He saw me after an EMG. He did not have any blood work or info regarding my health. This was infuriating. When I learned the truth of the matter,( He was not the Nero I was referred to) I was beyond embarrassed and impressed. Dr. Voll must have thought I was wacky, as I went on and on about my health believing he was the Nero I was sent to. Even tho he was there to explain the results, he did what he could as he took the info I gave him. He sent a letter suggesting certain tests that I believe is a major driving force in trying to attain a diagnosis. He was agitated at the end of the visit as I pressed for an answer regarding a tremor I had previously. He said I was sent for the numbness and not the tremor. At the time i could not believe what I was hearing, now am thankful he did not kick me out of the room!

Submitted May 2, 2014 | flag

I admit, I did read the reviews on here before my appointment and was a bit fearful. However, I was greeted by a staff member with a huge smile on her face, and she was as friendly and helpful as any patient could ask for. As for Dr. Voll, he was professional, polite, and solved a medical problem I had for many many years . My experience was very positive at his office.

Submitted March 17, 2014 | flag

Dr. Voll was very thorough with my condition. He spent a lot of time with me in my appointment. He asked lots of questions and was direct but not cranky. He rushed an MRI and then when he got the results he phoned me at home well after office hours to tell me I needed to be at the emergency department the next morning to see a surgeon. Countless drs. had not been able to diagnose me. The only thing better would be if his office could recieve electronic MRI results. His staff though... wow ... talk about rude and mean. They hide behind a cupboard and won't acknowledge people that come in. If people walk up to the desk they get an annoyed look. Angry, angry people.

Submitted April 12, 2013 | flag

This is one of the rudest doctors I have ever delt with. He doesn't read your reports before your appointment, he skims them for a minute in front of you. This is extreamly fusterating. He had three detailed reports from other specialists and couldn't be bothered to read them. I can't even say he's knowledgeable because he rushes you through your appointment so quickly. I had to have a follow up appointment for botox injection's, when the doctor asked if I had any questions I said no but then thought of one and asked it. The doctor snapped "that's why I asked if you had any questions", I snapped right back at him. Probably not the best idea. I have never had Botox so I was unaware if the shots should be painful or just mildly uncomfortable. It was extremely painful & I was bruised on my face, neck & shoulders. A friend of mine who has Botox regularly said this was not normal. If your looking for a doctor who actually cares and listens don't see Dr Voll!

Submitted Feb. 4, 2013 | flag

Dr. Voll is a good doctor however I can't give him glowing reviews. I had two appointments with him and one was great and the other was crap! He seemed to be a "Jekyl and Hyde". Amazing at my first consultation...very thorough and answered all of my questions and then the second follow-up he seemed annoyed and I was rushed to get out of the door. He didn't have any suggestions for my conditions or how I could be helped. I also find his follow up appointment policies very frustrating! I got my initial consulation in two weeks (which was great)...however, for a follow up I wasn't given an appointment and was told it would be over 4 months and that I should keep calling to see where I am on the waiting list?!? This is frustrating and ridiculous... Because of this I had to switch Neurologists which is too bad...

Submitted Dec. 19, 2012 | flag

I found Dr.Voll and his Staff very helpful! He really seemed to care what brought me to see him. He sent me for more tests than the average doctor would have so he could be sure to rule everything out. He said he thought he knew right away what was wrong but wanted to make sure. He also decided to send me on to see an additional specialist just in case because he wouldn't want to make a mistake and cause me to become even sicker. He found what was making me sick and found a treament for it. And while examining me asked about my life and even about my Grandfather who had passed away that day. I have read other reviews of Dr.Voll and a guy who doesn't care or have any bed side manners doesn't take an interest in his patients! His staff were very helpful in getting me the right number to get on cancellation lists for tests in getting in quickly for a review with the Dr. himself as I needed his approval to return to worl. Great Doc, Great Staff!!

Submitted Aug. 12, 2012 | flag

Most people know this man has very little bedside manner, except if someone is shadowing him for the day. He knows his stuff though. The only big negative I had was m.s he only wanted to treat relapses with steroids. I saw him when I was first diagnosed and didn't realize the relapses could go away on there own. He pushed taking the steroids, I'm glad i'll never take them anymore. However he is a good doctor and his staff will fit you in even if it's the end of the day. He works long hours.

Submitted Feb. 16, 2012 | flag

I am very thankful that Dr. Voll isn't afraid to admit he doesn't know the answer to something and look it up in his medical books. When asked if my Intracranial Hypertension could have come back because I had been taking Vitamin A, he looked it up and it can be. I was told previously by Dr. Donat that no, it couldn't be because of that. I am currently experiencing problems with ringing in ears from increased pressure. We are trying to see if I can go without medication. Sometimes it is hard to get through to him because his receptionist wants to make sure and only talk to him about stuff related to IH. I am unsure about the decision to take me off my medication, but I know that he will be willing to give me another Spinal Tap when I feel I need it to check how it is going.

Submitted June 16, 2011 | flag

Dr Voll is very efficient and knows how to get through the red tape. He is not good with people. My last appointment, I found him very defencive. He finally helped me when I broke down crying;then he was very helpful. If you have to see him be ready for this likely-hood. If you are prepared for this and willing to have this type of relationship things will go fine. For myself this isn't acceptable. I have refused to go back to him and am waiting to get on with someone else.

Submitted April 5, 2011 | flag