Rate Dr. Elizabeth S. Ginsburg

Dr. Elizabeth S. Ginsburg's Ratings

Dr. Ginsburg is a brilliant scientist and doctor! She is honest, truthful and super intelligent! She isn't the warmest and fuzziest doctor I have ever had, but she will do her best to work the hardest she can to help you conceive and have a baby. She is one of the best doctors in the world in her field. If you are looking for someone to hold your hand and allow you to cry on their shoulder then please go elsewhere. If you want a doctor who is at the forefront of reproductive science and the best IVF success rates in Massachusetts then go see her or one of her other doctors (Fox, Yanushpolsky, Ashby, etc.). She is amazing!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][644426].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2014

The staff at Dr. Ginsburg's Exeter practice are exceptional. The nurses are truly wonderful and compassionate. After a recent ectopic pregnancy, I had to see the nurses every other day for monitoring for months. They were very kind and comforting through what was an extraordinarily difficult time. As for Dr. Ginsburg, I find her to be well informed on current research and theory related to infertility, which is what I was looking for when I began seeking a reproductive endocrinologist. I do trust her judgement, and believe this practice to be one of the best in this field near me. I understand people who are saying she doesn't give the warm fuzzies, but I think it's harsh to call her cold. I guess if I needed a hug, I'd ask one of the nurses. If I needed to know which treatment or medications would help me to have a successful pregnancy, I'd go to Dr. Ginsburg.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][644425].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2013

I feel the need to contribute after reading the previous comments that describe Dr. Ginsburg as "cold". From my perspective, I see Dr. Ginsburg as no-nonsense, which I think is a good thing (but everyone is different). I want a successful IVF cycle, and if this can be achieved, Dr. Ginsburg will make it happen because she is at the forefront of her field. I don't need - or want - a doctor who holds my hand or dances around difficult issues. If you want a shoulder to cry on, Dr. Ginsburg may not be the right doctor for you, but if you are looking for a highly intelligent scientist, go with Dr. Ginsburg. BTW, her nursing staff are awesome. I've never done it, but I'd bet one of those nurses would let you cry on her shoulder if you needed to.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][644424].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 4, 2011

I agree about the comment about bedside manner. I found her to be very nice the first time I met her.. but the second time, she was very rude to my 2.5 year old son which made him cry. He came to my consult appointment with me and was being very good.. she told him to 'shhh' very rudely several times.. he pouted his lip since he's very sensitive and cried. she didn't even seem like she felt bad at all. cold fish as in previous comment. Then she told me to just ignore him when he cried and he just wanted attention. - No lady, it's cause you gave him evil looks when he didn't do anything. I was very irate with her, and was about to just walk out. I couldn't even concentrate on what she said to me, because I was so mad. Funny, she's in the business of reproducing babies but has no idea how to talk to them or treat them. and talks about them like they're not even human. Maybe she was having a bad day.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][644423].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 20, 2010

Dr. Ginsburg is a wonderful doctor. The perfect combination of compassion and truth. IVF isn't easy for anyone, including the doctors. She gave me hope when it seemed like there was nothing to hope for. Failed cycle after failed cycle (11 total) she gave me her suggestions, guidance, compassion, and expertise. I did not always want to hear what she had to say, but I listened, and I have two BEAUTIFUL daughters because of her. I would recommend her to anyone! I was treated at Brigham and Women's and the staff was PHENOMINAL!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][644422].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 27, 2010

I found Dr. Ginsberg to be the biggest cold fish that I've ever met in my life. She was horrible to me. I saw her for infertility issues and basically because of my age and another factor, she didn't want to even try to help me and my husband. She gave me advice about my insurance (that it wouldn't cover IVF) that wasn't accurate because I have found out since that it does cover it. I relied on her guidance and all she did was throw statistics in my face and a tissue box at me. I get that she has to give woman bad news all the time, but her delivery and bedside manner need an extreme makeover. I was disgusted with her. The staff that work in her Weymouth branch are WONDERFUL and caring women. It's too bad that the doctor can't emulate them. I may never have my own baby naturally, but if she had even cushioned the blow, I would feel differently about her. I wouldn't recommend her to anyone!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][644418].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2010

Tenacious and compassionate. Brilliant and human. When dealing with infertility issues, those are the characteristics that one should seek in a RE. Elizabeth Ginsburg possesses those traits. I have nothing but the HIGHEST respect and gratitude for this remarkable woman. My husband and I suffered through 7 cycles of IUI and 4 cycles of IVF and now have a beautiful little girl because of her work!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][644421].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Dr. Ginsburg is a true scientist with a human touch. She is a professional who knows how to pursue medical goals but at the same time protect and embrace patient's dreams. I would highly recommend her as an IVF doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][644420].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 19, 2008

I went to Dr. Ginsburg for fertility issues and she was excellent in every respect. She has just the right amount of compassion mixed with reality. I had multiple procedures with her and cannot say enough about her professionalism. Her staff is amazing. It wasn't until I was launched into the general ob world that really appreciated how efficient and responsive she and her staff are. I went to the Weymouth clinic and would definitely recommend it.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][644419].votes_count ]]