Rate Dr. Richard N. Podell

Dr. Richard N. Podell's Ratings

He diagnosed me with CFS about 20 years ago, just as he was learning the specialties he went on to be even better in. He was great then, compassionate and down-to-earth, a listener, and from what I read has gained much knowledge and expertise since. During my time with him I went from being bedridden/housebound to getting back into life, even working full time before I left him. Never have gone backward since. Amount paid is irrelevant. It was priceless to me.

Submitted Jan. 26, 2014 | flag

Dr. Podell has been a very helpful and supportive doctor as I navigate a multisystemic illness. He is very intelligent and thinks "outside the box" in his treatment of me. I appreciate his willingness to try different approaches to medicine. His style is inclusive, including those of "traditional" medicine and integrative practices as well. I consider Dr. Podell a very important aspect to my achieving wellness.

Submitted Aug. 8, 2013 | flag

"Outstanding" Sherlock Holmes of Medicine. Dr. Podell and Dr. King are the best, very professional and caring. I have been with them for 8 years now and when you are feeling lousy and having Fibromyalgia/CFS flare ups they are there for me and have a deep understanding and empathy for what we are going through. Three years ago I moved to NY and still travel to see both Podell and Dr. King in NJ because they know the process and can help adjust protocols toward getting me feeling my best again. Even more important is they research new treatments and have an ever growing and diverse set of treatment modalities (pharmaceuticals, biofeedback, breath, foods, supplements). Dr. Podell and Dr. King take the time to listen and are not afraid to try cutting edge treatments with the labs to validate progress. I am forever grateful to Dr. Podell and Dr. King for there help and knowing they will be there for me when I'm not feeling well. The peace of mind this brings is priceless.

Submitted Jan. 25, 2013 | flag

it's amazing how many patient reviews all seem to be suffering or are being treated for CFS/fibromyalgia. this was my diagnosis as well. the crazy thing is I DON'T HAVE CFS OR FIBROMYALGIA! chances are the majority of his patients don't either! my pain was due to hormonal imbalance and this doc should have known this, since i PAID for hundreds of dollars worth of tests! i had the results, but podell didn't know how to read them. the doc i see now saw ALL of the results and labs podell had done and he said the answer was there right in front of his face. yet he insisted i had CFS/fibro and arthritis. WRONG. and as if this wasn't enough of a scam, i also saw his associate dr. king. her specialty is teaching people HOW TO BREATHE. don't fall for this. too expensive and very LIMITED knowledge. if he's giving out pain meds and antidepressants he is NOT treating the root of your problem!

Submitted Nov. 29, 2012 | flag

Dr. Podell is very compassionate,& kind.He is Also very knowledgable on FMS/CFS studies,treatments, and remedies. This is not an easy disesase to treat or to have, but he listens to me. He always checks on me to make sure i am doing ok. Flareups happen and Dr. Podell is reassuring that we will get thru this-together. I'm glad I found him. I went for years not knowing what was wrong with me, but he gave me answers. Dr. Podell gets that this is not a one size fits all disease and tweaks treatments accordingly. I really appreciate all that he and his extremely helpful staff do to help me everyday.

Submitted Sept. 27, 2012 | flag

Dr. Podell have done wonders for me. I started seeing him a few years ago after having the worse year of my life with some medical issues. All other doctors completed misdiagnosed what my issues were which I realized right away. Dr. Podell took the time to LISTEN to my symptoms. He successfully diagnosed me and Im doing great now. Although he doest take my insurance he is worth every penny. Cant put a price on your health. I highly recommend him.

Submitted Aug. 20, 2012 | flag

9 years ago I gave birth to twins and have had medical issues ever since. My symptoms started out as severe fatigue, memory loss, mental fog and varied inability to function normally. After years of seeing multiple general doctors and specialists, as well as alternate medical practitioners. Dr Podell was able to help me with my further deteriorated health consisting of fatigue, depression, anxiety issues and Fibromyalgia by listening to me & carefully reviewing my medical history. He has a wealth of medical knowledge which he combines with good old fashion common sense. I began seeing him 2/6/2012 and am much better than I've been in 9 years. My family & I thank him, because I can return to being an active person, wife & mother.

Submitted March 23, 2012 | flag

I have been seening Dr. Podell since about 2002 and have been extremely satisfied with the care he has provided to me.

Submitted Jan. 5, 2012 | flag

The jury is still out on Dr. Podell, though I must complement his responsiveness and extensive medical acumen. Not sure that I can say he's compassionate, at this stage.

Submitted Oct. 9, 2011 | flag

several years ago I became very ill. I had muscle pain and fatigue throughout my body. I went to numerous doctors I was all over even went to nyc and no one could tell me what was wrong with me. My husband found doctor podell online after doing research. I went to see him and he was the answer to my prayers. I knew after speaking to him that he would be able to help me. He told me I had cfs and fibromyalgia. He has helped me control this for years. I highly recommend him. He is the smartest most compasionist person I know in the medical field. If your looking to get answers with your health and have someone give you every option out there for treatment Dr. podell is the one to see. Thanks DR podell for all the years of caring for me. Diana

Submitted Sept. 11, 2011 | flag