You may also like

Rate Dr. Richard N. Podell

Dr. Richard N. Podell's Ratings

Dr. Podell handles patients with multiple health conditions. He approaches health issues with providing a ton of prescriptions and suggestions for natural remedies. My attorney suggested that I see him because he knew many of the disability judges. Dr. Podell takes no insurance. The first visit cost me $700 and subsequent visits are $200. He does not want to hear that you are broke, can't afford medications..etc. He is only concerned about his wallet. I had my disability hearing a couple of weeks ago and my records from him were submitted. After I received my approval letter, the judge mentioned a couple of doctors in this letter but no mention of Dr. Podell. I asked my attorney why and she responded that his notes were difficult to read. So, I am out of $900. What a scam!! I am still in pain, have the same health issues, nothing has changed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2850741].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015

As far as being knowledgeable he definitely is. He handles complex patients with multiple health issues. I am sure he even provides great reference if you are applying for disability. He writes out a ton of scripts for medications to try along with natural remedies. However, he is very expensive (first consultation $700) and additional ones are $200. Most people who are ill with many conditions and not able to work cannot afford these prices!! He takes NO insurance. If money is not an issue for you I would go to him at least once to get a second opinion. He did not do too much for me, I am still in pain, have the same health issues and my wallet is empty.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2828272].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

Dr. Podell is an excellent, caring and kind doctor. He has been extremely helpful with many of my health problems over the last thirty years.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2786689].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

Dr. Podell and Dr. King and their staff are always very professional and knowledgeable, while never forgetting to be kind and empathetic.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2596001].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 27, 2014

very knowledgable and well versed in areas that other doctors are nit

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2521098].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 1, 2014

He diagnosed me with CFS about 20 years ago, just as he was learning the specialties he went on to be even better in. He was great then, compassionate and down-to-earth, a listener, and from what I read has gained much knowledge and expertise since. During my time with him I went from being bedridden/housebound to getting back into life, even working full time before I left him. Never have gone backward since. Amount paid is irrelevant. It was priceless to me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1857632].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 26, 2014

Dr. Podell has been a very helpful and supportive doctor as I navigate a multisystemic illness. He is very intelligent and thinks "outside the box" in his treatment of me. I appreciate his willingness to try different approaches to medicine. His style is inclusive, including those of "traditional" medicine and integrative practices as well. I consider Dr. Podell a very important aspect to my achieving wellness.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1857631].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 8, 2013

"Outstanding" Sherlock Holmes of Medicine. Dr. Podell and Dr. King are the best, very professional and caring. I have been with them for 8 years now and when you are feeling lousy and having Fibromyalgia/CFS flare ups they are there for me and have a deep understanding and empathy for what we are going through. Three years ago I moved to NY and still travel to see both Podell and Dr. King in NJ because they know the process and can help adjust protocols toward getting me feeling my best again. Even more important is they research new treatments and have an ever growing and diverse set of treatment modalities (pharmaceuticals, biofeedback, breath, foods, supplements). Dr. Podell and Dr. King take the time to listen and are not afraid to try cutting edge treatments with the labs to validate progress. I am forever grateful to Dr. Podell and Dr. King for there help and knowing they will be there for me when I'm not feeling well. The peace of mind this brings is priceless.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1857630].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 25, 2013

it's amazing how many patient reviews all seem to be suffering or are being treated for CFS/fibromyalgia. this was my diagnosis as well. the crazy thing is I DON'T HAVE CFS OR FIBROMYALGIA! chances are the majority of his patients don't either! my pain was due to hormonal imbalance and this doc should have known this, since i PAID for hundreds of dollars worth of tests! i had the results, but podell didn't know how to read them. the doc i see now saw ALL of the results and labs podell had done and he said the answer was there right in front of his face. yet he insisted i had CFS/fibro and arthritis. WRONG. and as if this wasn't enough of a scam, i also saw his associate dr. king. her specialty is teaching people HOW TO BREATHE. don't fall for this. too expensive and very LIMITED knowledge. if he's giving out pain meds and antidepressants he is NOT treating the root of your problem!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1857633].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 29, 2012

Dr. Podell is very compassionate,& kind.He is Also very knowledgable on FMS/CFS studies,treatments, and remedies. This is not an easy disesase to treat or to have, but he listens to me. He always checks on me to make sure i am doing ok. Flareups happen and Dr. Podell is reassuring that we will get thru this-together. I'm glad I found him. I went for years not knowing what was wrong with me, but he gave me answers. Dr. Podell gets that this is not a one size fits all disease and tweaks treatments accordingly. I really appreciate all that he and his extremely helpful staff do to help me everyday.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1857629].votes_count ]]