Rate Dr. Christopher D. Kager

Dr. Christopher D. Kager's Ratings

I went to dr. Kager after finding out that my disk between l4 and l5, I had a central herniated disk with a slight forward buldge and it also has a small tear and is leaking a lil disk fluid, then my l5- s1 That disk has a central buldge with also a slight forward buldge. Now granted im 24 years old and the first time I seen him he seen me no longer then 5 minutes. The fist thing he did was look at me then look at my file, he did that about three times and then said" your only 23" at that time I was only 23. He then had me walk back and forth and said ok now try to squat, which I couldn't really do cause of how much pain im in, he then points out what all is wrong with my back, which he never told me what was fully wrong with my back I learned the rest from my other docs what he wrote in my report, now after he pointed out what was wronn with my back he said that seurgrys not an option for me and that I can return back to work but not to play pro football, now I'm a construction worker and run heavy equipment and get bounced around alot every day well I told him what I did for a living and he didn't even care he didn't even want to send me to physical therapy. I went to his physical therapist and she stops me at my 6th time of going cause it was only making thigs worse and my back wasn't getting any better so I went to get a second opion, which my doc sent me to doc Roberts who is in the same building as kager. Doc Roberts was great, we did the injections in my back which did not work, Roberts didn't even want to do any more injections after the the first one cause it didn't work at all and only made me worse. So doc Roberts said next step for me was surgery and that he can't leave me like I am cause I cant even have a normal life cause of my back. So we set up an appointment with kager. So I go to the appointment thinking you know i been through all the steps everyone I talk so says surgery is the next step. So I'm sitting in kagers room and he comes in dosent ask how I'm doing or anything he sits down and says hes not going to operate on my cause he don't feel like I need seurgry but sees I'm is such pain and that he's between a rock and a hard place but he dosent want to touch me cause he might make me worse. I tell him I can't function, I tell him my back hurts my leg goes numb I'm in pain I cant sleep and all he says is i dont know what to do for you. I'm very upset how he just brushed me off . It felt to me that he just looked at my age and did t look at me as a patient

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2600436].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2014

Dr. Christopher D. Kager's response
Justin,
I followed up with you by phone, but I felt compelled to answer your issues online. First, I must honestly say that I do not know if there is any surgical 'solution' for your problem, and perhaps I could have communicated that better. For that I am sorry. Secondly, I did suggest getting your spine in better shape and your weight is a big factor here. Third, we are more than happy to set up a 2nd opinion at an academic medical center for their opinion as well. Of course we want our patients to be happy and to do well, but surgery is not always an option. Again, I am sorry with how you felt all of this was communicated, and we will always strive to do better.
Chris Kager, MD

Submitted Nov. 3, 2014

From beginning until my follow up visit the care given me was exceptional. Dr. Kager is serious about caring for his patients and giving us his all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2572833].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2014

Dr. Kager, Is so caring and helpful before you have your surgery, but after forget it. I think he takes it personal when you still have pain after the surgery takes place. At a post-op appointment I told him I am having itching at the surgery site-he just blew that off. Turns out I am allergic to adheasive. I called my primary physician told him and got a prescription right away. What misery that was. I never suffered like that before. Dr. Kager could of prevented that if he only would of taken some time to listen to me. Now he is sending me back to a physically demanding job with no restrictions after I just got done telling him about my pain. He doesn't want to hear it. The length of most of my post-op appointments is about 3-4 minutes, if that. I am sorry I listened to him and went ahead and had my surgery. Would not go to him again.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2539842].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2014

Dr. Christopher D. Kager's response
We always have to balance all issues in a patients care and recovery. We always cover the postoperative course and plan before surgery. We would never allow someone to return to a position if it carried a significant elevated risk of harm.
Chris Kager

Submitted Nov. 3, 2014

Dr. Kager, Did not take the time to exam me. I was seen for approximately 5 minutes. Looked at old x-rays from 8/2013. Just had me walk half to wall an back and just looked at my legs with my rain boots on. I asked if I should take my rain boots off. He states know. I wasn't there for surgery grant it, but I shouldn't have been blown off, so to speak. I am the one who brought up a request for physical therapy for moderate degeneration of the spine, which I have been going to a Chiropractor for almost a year without success. All I want is to get back my life back. Exercise without ending up in severe pain.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2400653].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 1, 2014

He is very clear and concise about the surgery. His followup in hospital is timely. His post op followup right on target with my requirements. Excellent surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][644528].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 14, 2013

Dr Kager is very knowledgeable and knew exactly what to do after looking at MRI. He gave me confidence in his ability to correct the problem. His staff is very friendly and put me at ease. I am pleased with the results and I am thankful that the pain that was shooting down my legs is gone. I would recommend this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][644527].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2012

I could not have ask for a better Doctor than Dr. Kager, he is very straight foward and reassuring,I found him to be polite and relaxing in his approach toward me and my back problem, after surgery my problems went away. I would recommend him to anyone and his staff is also exceptional, thanks Doc

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][644526].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2012

Great doctor and staff. Was very confident in his ability to resolve my problem. Would recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][644525].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 31, 2012

Dr. Kager is the best. Completely delighted with the results of my surgery. My problems with neck and spine are very complicated, and my quality of life was bad and worsening, and I was very frightened. I am back to normal now and looking forward to leaving for vacation. Thank you Dr. Kager - my family and I love you for for what you did for me! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][644524].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 16, 2012

I had an excellent experience, my back is as good as new and the staff and Dr. Kager were very helpful and punctual. Would do it again in a heart beat!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][644523].votes_count ]]