Dr. Robyn Gertenstein

Rate Dr. Robyn Gertenstein

Dr. Robyn Gertenstein's Ratings

I was referred to her and was terrified as i had heard a lot of bad things about her from previous patients. I went in expecting the worst but was somewhat surprised.. she does not run on time. I was her first patient of the day and still had to wait 45 minutes. I am on the heavier side but only since being pregnant, I've gained way more weight than normal in pregnancy but so didmy sister, aunts, and grandmother and they all returned to normal after pregnancy but I was worried about Dr g yelling at me for being fat... While she told me to watch what I ate and exercise she wasn't mean. Other than when she told me she didn't want me to gain one more pound while pregnant... impossible. She has been somewhat pleasant with me and although she doesn't appear like she is really listening she does answer all questions. I asked her how her holidays were at my last appointment and she completely changed her personality. She was polite, and smiled at me and apologized for making me wait... maybe

Submitted Aug. 18, 2014 | flag

I hope she'll do better. I saw Dr. Gertenstein last year for a procedure. Quite honestly, she was not very compassionate especially at the time that you really need it. It was a horrible experience for me. As soon as I got pregnant, I switched doctor and had never experience the same treatment. My current doctor is just wonderful and she's a blessing. Make sure you think a million times before getting Dr, Gertenstein as your doctor.

Submitted Aug. 14, 2014 | flag

Dr.G is a great doctor who knows what she is doing. I noticed everyone says she's rude and what not but really She just gets straight to the point and doesn't sugar coat anything for anyone, there's nothing wrong with that., it's all about what you can handle. As for her wait time, yeah you wait long but that obviously means she's good if her waiting room is packed to the gills. She had delivered 3 of my babies and will be doing my 4th in January and I can't freaking wait!!

Submitted June 17, 2014 | flag

Dr G is rude and arrogant. Sitting un her packed waiting room for hrs while listening to her slam doors is disgusting. Avoid ever seeing her. Shes a poor poor poor excuse for a doctor. Everyone deserves a better dr then her.

Submitted Jan. 26, 2014 | flag

Dr G is by far the worst doc I have ever seen in my life! She was RUDE, MEAN, ROUGH and uncaring! I waited in her office for hours as an out of town patient. Totally unacceptable! I actually considered pressing charges after my appointment because I was treated that badly! Her office is also very gross, there were blood drips on the wall and floor and EXAM TABLE!! She wanted to do an internal exam and I declined as I was afraid I would get something from the office..! I'm so glad she was not my doctor when I was pregnant, that's a joyous, happy time and she would have ruined my bliss. I spoke with my family doctor and even he agrees with me and said he won't be sending anymore referrals to her. I have decided to settle for a formal complaint with the Manitoba college of surgeons and physicians instead of taking legal action. I have been referred to a new gyn and good riddance to dr. G! If you've been referred to her, ask for someone else and save yourself the stress and grief!!!!!!!

Submitted Nov. 6, 2013 | flag

Absolutely no bedside manner. Because I have a disease that requires a painful procedure to be done twice a year, it is nerve wracking to get it done. She is just short of being nasty. While I don't expect hand holding and flowers, she could step up her bedside manner from freezing to cool??? We know you are busy, but try a little bit of a better attitude. I come to see you because I need to. And because I believe you are a great physician. Try being a great human being as well.

Submitted Oct. 11, 2013 | flag

Dr. Gertenstein I was treated great by Robyn and her staff. I was a high risk due to a few issues with pregnancy and also a baby I had years ago had died. I was very scared and stressed about this pregnancy, Dr.Gertenstein had to do a lot of reassuring for me! She went above and beyond to ensure my baby and myself were watched closely in all aspects from A to Z. Yes she does have a busy practise but it does go with the territory, so yes you do have to wait to see her. Also we were treated great in the high risk Dr.Gertenstein ensured we were and had the best care during the labor and delivery (Unfortunately Dr. Gertenstein was off call before Riley was born but Dr. Logan took over and was great) And I delivered a healthy baby boy May 6, 2013. Dr. Gertenstein continued to come in and check on us after my baby was born in the 48 hrs we were in hospital. Thank You Dr. Gertenstein for everything you did for baby Riley and myself throughout our entire time with you. Baby Riley and Christy

Submitted Oct. 2, 2013 | flag

I felt the doctor was rushed/rude. I was told that I gained to much weight when I was 8 months I gained 23 pounds. She told me I had GD before I took my second blood test to see if i actually had it. She would not tell me my test results just said I was a high normal. Booked me for all sorts of appoitments to make me lose weight. Told me not to eat fast food which i wasn't. Asked how many time I eat sweets and I said one to 2 times a week and she said I doubt that with the size of your baby. Was pleasent when someone else was with me. But rude and abrupt when I was alone.

Submitted March 18, 2013 | flag

my experience with her was not the best. she was on call when i went into labor with my first child , and was very rude and insensitive. i had seen the resident all night , and dr g came in around 4 am , having not seen me or assessed me herself and told me i needed to have a c section because i wasnt progressing , and started telling me all these risks of having a c section. my husband got very upset , and then dr g , not willingly , only doing so to shut him up agreed to check my cervix etc , suprise suprise i was eight cm dialated , i delivered my baby girl six hours later, vaginally , with no issues or complications ( at this point she was off). i would definately not refer anyone to her. when i expressed to her how badly i DID not want a c section and my fears , and simply shrugged them off , making me feel dumb. she simply would not listen to me. after checking me and finding out i WAS progressing and was 8 cm , she didnt apologize , she left the room & wasnt seen again.

Submitted Sept. 20, 2012 | flag

This Dr is simply not the best, how it was described in the different rating, and i believe a lot of her patients out of towners, If i ever get pregnant again, i would never ever go to this Dr , because she doesn't have compassion, is very late for every app like by an hour or two, and generally not a nice person. I was lucky and Thank God that when i had my child, she wasn't there. Be smart and find yourself a good doctor , embrace pregnancy experience , it is one of the happiest moments of your life. Good luck

Submitted Aug. 23, 2012 | flag