Rate Dr. Robyn Gertenstein

Dr. Robyn Gertenstein's Ratings

Dr.Gert is by far the best at what she does. I feel very well taken care of when I am there, and know that she will stop at nothing to provide the best care possible. I would never see another OBGyn ever again! She is definetly a rock star in her own right!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2657919].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 18, 2014

This dr has a horrible bedside manner, I would not recommend her to anyone! I was referred to her by my family dr, Waited 3 hours for an appointment, was extremely rude I had anxiety issues prior to pregnancy which I stopped taking my meds as My family dr had told me it was not safe. I no longer had anxiety issues during pregnancy, I was very sick with hyperemesis and hospitalized with a central line until I started on chemo meds for the vomiting as a last resort. She told me it was all in my head and she didn't think I needed to be on them told me to stop taking them, the very next day I took half my dose was sick all in my car while driving and almost crashed. She also told me I needed to be on my anxiety depression pills since we don't need another case of a mother drowning her baby. Discusting!!! I walked out of there and never went back, complete waste of time. I highly recommend boundary trails health center in winkler mb, their maternity ward is amazing with amazing staff. Very clean hospital and the privacy of your own room.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2655606].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 17, 2014

I had a great experience with her. Yes I agree the waiting for hours was awful and does need work, and her bedside is a little rough. But I'd rather have a Dr tell me exactly what's what rather than tiptoeing around not wanting to hurt my feeling. I knew exactly what I had to do while I was pregnant to stay healthy for me and my son and she was very supportive every step of the way. When I was delivering, I was lucky enough to have her there and I remember her telling 2 different nurses to stop what they were doing because they were hurting me. She said look and pointed at my face, look at her, do you think you should do that. I was so so happy she did that because what those nurses were doing hurt way way more than having my baby. I consider myself luck to have had her deliver my son.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2559570].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2014

I was referred to her and was terrified as i had heard a lot of bad things about her from previous patients. I went in expecting the worst but was somewhat surprised.. she does not run on time. I was her first patient of the day and still had to wait 45 minutes. I am on the heavier side but only since being pregnant, I've gained way more weight than normal in pregnancy but so didmy sister, aunts, and grandmother and they all returned to normal after pregnancy but I was worried about Dr g yelling at me for being fat... While she told me to watch what I ate and exercise she wasn't mean. Other than when she told me she didn't want me to gain one more pound while pregnant... impossible. She has been somewhat pleasant with me and although she doesn't appear like she is really listening she does answer all questions. I asked her how her holidays were at my last appointment and she completely changed her personality. She was polite, and smiled at me and apologized for making me wait... maybe

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2502768].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 18, 2014

I hope she'll do better. I saw Dr. Gertenstein last year for a procedure. Quite honestly, she was not very compassionate especially at the time that you really need it. It was a horrible experience for me. As soon as I got pregnant, I switched doctor and had never experience the same treatment. My current doctor is just wonderful and she's a blessing. Make sure you think a million times before getting Dr, Gertenstein as your doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2496899].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 14, 2014

Dr.G is a great doctor who knows what she is doing. I noticed everyone says she's rude and what not but really She just gets straight to the point and doesn't sugar coat anything for anyone, there's nothing wrong with that., it's all about what you can handle. As for her wait time, yeah you wait long but that obviously means she's good if her waiting room is packed to the gills. She had delivered 3 of my babies and will be doing my 4th in January and I can't freaking wait!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2455750].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

Dr G is rude and arrogant. Sitting un her packed waiting room for hrs while listening to her slam doors is disgusting. Avoid ever seeing her. Shes a poor poor poor excuse for a doctor. Everyone deserves a better dr then her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1860456].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 26, 2014

Dr G is by far the worst doc I have ever seen in my life! She was RUDE, MEAN, ROUGH and uncaring! I waited in her office for hours as an out of town patient. Totally unacceptable! I actually considered pressing charges after my appointment because I was treated that badly! Her office is also very gross, there were blood drips on the wall and floor and EXAM TABLE!! She wanted to do an internal exam and I declined as I was afraid I would get something from the office..! I'm so glad she was not my doctor when I was pregnant, that's a joyous, happy time and she would have ruined my bliss. I spoke with my family doctor and even he agrees with me and said he won't be sending anymore referrals to her. I have decided to settle for a formal complaint with the Manitoba college of surgeons and physicians instead of taking legal action. I have been referred to a new gyn and good riddance to dr. G! If you've been referred to her, ask for someone else and save yourself the stress and grief!!!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1860455].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2013

Absolutely no bedside manner. Because I have a disease that requires a painful procedure to be done twice a year, it is nerve wracking to get it done. She is just short of being nasty. While I don't expect hand holding and flowers, she could step up her bedside manner from freezing to cool??? We know you are busy, but try a little bit of a better attitude. I come to see you because I need to. And because I believe you are a great physician. Try being a great human being as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1860453].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 11, 2013

Dr. Gertenstein I was treated great by Robyn and her staff. I was a high risk due to a few issues with pregnancy and also a baby I had years ago had died. I was very scared and stressed about this pregnancy, Dr.Gertenstein had to do a lot of reassuring for me! She went above and beyond to ensure my baby and myself were watched closely in all aspects from A to Z. Yes she does have a busy practise but it does go with the territory, so yes you do have to wait to see her. Also we were treated great in the high risk Dr.Gertenstein ensured we were and had the best care during the labor and delivery (Unfortunately Dr. Gertenstein was off call before Riley was born but Dr. Logan took over and was great) And I delivered a healthy baby boy May 6, 2013. Dr. Gertenstein continued to come in and check on us after my baby was born in the 48 hrs we were in hospital. Thank You Dr. Gertenstein for everything you did for baby Riley and myself throughout our entire time with you. Baby Riley and Christy

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1860452].votes_count ]]