Dr. Vincent Woo

5 1 2.9

You may also like

Rate Dr. Vincent Woo

Dr. Vincent Woo's Ratings

I have been seeing Dr Woo for 25 years and have noticed a steady decline in the time and interest he gives to his patients. Each appointment is rushed and unproductive. I was having trouble controlling my blood sugar levels and needed help on what I was doing wrong and what I could do better. I had documented my results, carbs and insulin intake for a two week period and brought it to an appointment. He refused to look at my information or offer any help or suggestions. He told me "you're going to have to work at it" and walked out of the room. If that isn't his role as a diabetes specialist, you would think he would have referred me to someone else to help me. I have since found a diabetes educator who really cares, is well educated and is great at helping me with any issues that I may have.
I have never had issues with the staff or Dr Woo's punctuality, but rated them low as I felt his lack of helpfulness and unwillingness to share his knowledge override the positives on this review.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2763971].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

Had to switch Endocrinologists. I told him I wasn't feeling good, fatigued, loss of energy etc. He sent me for a CT Scan of my head which was normal. Told me there was nothing more he could do for me and walked out of the room. My family doctor sent me for an MRI and this test came back positive for a Pituitary Macroadenoma. Dr. Woo ordered the wrong test. Should have known better. Lost half my pituitary gland and now on several hormone replacement therapies. If diagnosed earlier might not lost as much of this gland as I did. Also wanted to keep me on Avandia after suffering a heart attack. Avandia linked to MI's so went off it myself. New specialist is fantastic!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2756894].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

Like the previous people stated he was extremely rude and not knowledgeable. "Jackass" is the perfect word to describe him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2726426].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2015

best md in winnipeg for diabetes and won an award as well

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2707755].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2015

He was very rude and not helpful. Complete waste of time, I went to see him for my thyroid problem and let me tell you he isn't knowledgeable at all! I went against what he was saying about my lab results and corrected him he was not impressed and left shortly after. If you are struggling and these"'doctors" aren't helping go see a naturopath.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2678194].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2015

This guy is a jackass. All the comments of rudeness, uncaring, poor diagnostics & advice I find accurate after many, many years of going to him on referral. A waste of my time and money, he's done nothing for me except tell me to take more drugs. It took my family doctor and health educator 1 visit each to determine how to improve my health and I had normal blood test results within 10 days.

He doesn't appear to know what he is talking about and gets defensive when I tell him what changes were made & the results by other doctors, and believe me I was merely stating facts, no attitude (except for him).

Like I said at the beginning, he's a jackass, should stay away from patients, and stick to research, assuming he knows what he is doing there.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2644696].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 6, 2014

He tried desperately to give my parent an operation he didn't need. His attitude was disgusting and rude.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2590368].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2014

I am leaving these comments eight years after I saw Dr. Woo only because I see he has won some sort of award for diabetes and it reminded me of my terrible experience. I received a referral from my GP at the time to see Woo about my particular condition which consisted of loss of weight from loss of appetite, general muscular weakness and extreme fatigue. He put me on levothyroxine because he assessed a thyroid problem. When I later complained that I was not feeling any better he simply blew me off in the usual 10 minute appointment. It turned out that I had a pituitary tumour and needed not only a surgical procedure but a full hormone replacement regimen. An endocrinologist should be able to recognize that his suggestion wasn't working simply through adequate blood testing but the bottom line is that the guy simply doesn't care about his patients and is simply in it for the money. Avoid at all costs if you value your health!

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2587600].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2014

Blood test administered by Dr. Woo's lab was not accurate. A second blood test ordered by another physician showed my TSH was too low. The test results were faxed to Woo's office June 10,2014. His nurse claimed she did not received the results til June 13 and Dr. Woo could not review the results as he was in San Francisco. The end result is that because of the nurse's failure to pass along the test results in a timely fashion, I have to wait to have the dose of my thyroid medication adjusted til he returns. Between the inaccurate test results, Dr. Woo's frequent absences and the failure of the nurses to attend to patient needs, I have my doubts about this doctor and his staff. The annual report of Manitoba Health lists Woo's income at approximately $500,000 per year. For what? Vacations and conferences, questionably skilled lab technicians and less than "caring" nurses. It's certainly not for patient care!

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2455755].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

I was sent to Dr Woo for my hypothyroidism (developed when I was pregnant). He immediately started me on 2000mg of metformin....a medication used to treat diabetes.....I don't have diabetes. When I called a week later to tell his staff that the medication was causing some serious problems, it was the nurse who saw that he was treating me for non existent diabetes and was told to stop the meds and come in as soon as possible. I went back a week or so later, where he realized what he had done, no apology. I asked what was wrong with my thyroid, should I be on more or less meds etc, why do I have a swollen lymph node in collar bone area etc ...why hair loss etc..and all he said to me was "it's not your thyroid"..while twirling his hair??(meanwhile I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism 5 yrs ago and will be on meds for life).....so I said, "okay.....so why am I so sick?" His response was " lack of sleep?" Posed to me as a question...sleeping is the ONLY thing I don't have a problem with lol

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1860923].votes_count ]]