Rate Dr. Vincent Woo

Dr. Vincent Woo's Ratings

This guy is a jackass. All the comments of rudeness, uncaring, poor diagnostics & advice I find accurate after many, many years of going to him on referral. A waste of my time and money, he's done nothing for me except tell me to take more drugs. It took my family doctor and health educator 1 visit each to determine how to improve my health and I had normal blood test results within 10 days.

He doesn't appear to know what he is talking about and gets defensive when I tell him what changes were made & the results by other doctors, and believe me I was merely stating facts, no attitude (except for him).

Like I said at the beginning, he's a jackass, should stay away from patients, and stick to research, assuming he knows what he is doing there.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2644696].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 6, 2014

He tried desperately to give my parent an operation he didn't need. His attitude was disgusting and rude.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2590368].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2014

I am leaving these comments eight years after I saw Dr. Woo only because I see he has won some sort of award for diabetes and it reminded me of my terrible experience. I received a referral from my GP at the time to see Woo about my particular condition which consisted of loss of weight from loss of appetite, general muscular weakness and extreme fatigue. He put me on levothyroxine because he assessed a thyroid problem. When I later complained that I was not feeling any better he simply blew me off in the usual 10 minute appointment. It turned out that I had a pituitary tumour and needed not only a surgical procedure but a full hormone replacement regimen. An endocrinologist should be able to recognize that his suggestion wasn't working simply through adequate blood testing but the bottom line is that the guy simply doesn't care about his patients and is simply in it for the money. Avoid at all costs if you value your health!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2587600].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2014

Blood test administered by Dr. Woo's lab was not accurate. A second blood test ordered by another physician showed my TSH was too low. The test results were faxed to Woo's office June 10,2014. His nurse claimed she did not received the results til June 13 and Dr. Woo could not review the results as he was in San Francisco. The end result is that because of the nurse's failure to pass along the test results in a timely fashion, I have to wait to have the dose of my thyroid medication adjusted til he returns. Between the inaccurate test results, Dr. Woo's frequent absences and the failure of the nurses to attend to patient needs, I have my doubts about this doctor and his staff. The annual report of Manitoba Health lists Woo's income at approximately $500,000 per year. For what? Vacations and conferences, questionably skilled lab technicians and less than "caring" nurses. It's certainly not for patient care!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2455755].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

I was sent to Dr Woo for my hypothyroidism (developed when I was pregnant). He immediately started me on 2000mg of metformin....a medication used to treat diabetes.....I don't have diabetes. When I called a week later to tell his staff that the medication was causing some serious problems, it was the nurse who saw that he was treating me for non existent diabetes and was told to stop the meds and come in as soon as possible. I went back a week or so later, where he realized what he had done, no apology. I asked what was wrong with my thyroid, should I be on more or less meds etc, why do I have a swollen lymph node in collar bone area etc ...why hair loss etc..and all he said to me was "it's not your thyroid"..while twirling his hair??(meanwhile I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism 5 yrs ago and will be on meds for life).....so I said, "okay.....so why am I so sick?" His response was " lack of sleep?" Posed to me as a question...sleeping is the ONLY thing I don't have a problem with lol

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1860923].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 16, 2014

I went for low testosterone he came in the room his first words were you are morbidly obese your levels are low here's a prescription make an appointment for 3 months. I had no chance to ask anything. The second time was worse he again made me feel horrible and one of his nurses said 'wow you are big around aren't you' as if I don't already know. I tried to tell him that I exercise every day eat salads and healthy foods and am very careful with meal amounts he said I was a lier. What kind of doc treats people this way? He makes you more depressed than before you went but does nothing to help. Then he increased testosterone amount said make another appointment and that was it. I have not returned.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1860924].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2013

Terrible attitude; this man has a toxic interpersonal manner. Angry, short, nasty, and negative. He seems to have a chip on both shoulders.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1860922].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2013

This guy has a chip on his shoulder, and I can see why he has a lot of negative ratings-" he's earned them". I once went to see him about a thyroid problem, and he gave me some thyroxin-and that was ok. I then felt the dose was to high, as I couldn't sleep and my body was heating up--symptoms of hyperthyroidism. Because of this, I started cutting the tablets in half, so I could function. I told him this, and he said you have to take the dose I tell you, and I don't care what your symptoms are. When I challenged him, he just couldn't take it.( I could tell by his body language as well) I told him I was not going to take " anything" if I could not sleep, and that was not comfortable and acceptable to me. I walked out of his office, and never to return. He wrote my doctor a note--and said patient was "non compliant" and my doctor laughed about that, as I told him the whole story. If a doctor cannot handle having his intellect challenged, he is not worth your time-find someone better.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1860921].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 8, 2012

Dr. Woo is a great doctor. He was very knowledgeable in dealing with my prolactinoma issues. He gave me different ideas to try to help with lowering my prolactin and it later helped me get pregnant. Thanks to him we have a wonderful little boy. His staff has always gone the extra mile to accommodate me and they are always very understanding.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1860920].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 3, 2012

He is very unhelpful on pump therapy. He recommended that I try an insulin pump, so I shelled out $7000 for a device. He was very unhelpful when it came to actually using the pump and told me to just "stick it in and start it" when the nurse working for the pump company failed to show up to one of the training sessions. He doesn't give much guidance and help and I would leave every appointment feeling further disheartened. His staff is also incredibly rude, and would several times make comments about my weight, when I was already dealing with body image issues. Every visit was demoralizing and a waste of my time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1860919].votes_count ]]