Dr. Osterman Cotes

Grad. Year: 1969

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 04/10/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 17 reviews. Dr. Osterman Cotes has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5578220
25/06/14 4 3 5 5 Dr. Cotes is truly wonderful! He is caring and takes the time to answer any questions you may have. He has wonderful bedside manner and takes great care to make sure his patients are well taken care of. The wait times can be bad, but it is also worth it because you don't feel rushed through your appointment. He has delivered both of my boys now 10 and 7 and has done a procedure recently to help with my menst. cycles. He checked on me via phone while I was at home recovering and even gave me his cell phone number in case anything arose that I needed to get a hold of him for. Truly a great doctor!
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 2604242
01/04/13 5 3 5 5 Dr Cotes is a very caring doctor. He doesn't consider your socioeconomic or ethical background when treating you. He is just as polite to everyone. He always shakes both your and your spouse's hand when entering and leaving your room, accompanied by a smile. He is very gentle with exams, more so than women, which isn't normally the case. He has been my doctor for my last three pregnancies which have been higher risk and included many hospital stays. When I was in hospital, he would usually make rounds at least 3 times a day. He is very cautious with his both Mom and baby. This is what matters. Wait times can be long, but who wants a doctor that will only give you 2 minutes of fame?! he actually knows your name, your occupation, how many children you have, etc. without having to look at your chart. Dr Cotes is GENUINELY concerned. I have had experiences with other Ob's in Beckley area, and Dr Cotes far surpasses them! He is a great, knowledgeable, and competent doctor.
RID: 2598144
23/03/13 5 3 5 5 Best Doctor ever. barley scene Him but ever time i did he know me and family would ask how my sister kid were he delivered all 3 of her kids. he even help out my husband when he stayed with me at the hospital. I would recommend him to every one
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 2499119

12/12/12 3 1 1 1 Staff was great, waiting time sucked, only saw Dr. Cotes 3 or 4 times my whole pregnancy, the PA or nurse or whatever when I went to have my child complained because he wouldn't crown and she wanted to leave, had to have a c-section due to their stupidity (which was the first time I saw him for the whole delivery) and would not tell me why I could not have my child vaginal. I will NOT have him be my doctor for my second child.
Insurance: CIGNA
Paid (or co-pay): $10
RID: 2467732
06/11/12 5 5 5 5 if i was for him i would have never had my baby hes better then any doctor women and childrens made me misscarry 3 times
RID: 2405645
20/08/12 5 4 5 5 Dr. Cotes has been a dream. I have always felt safe and trusted my wonderful babies to him. He has delivered both my babies and soon a 3rd one. Both of my babies were premature, but b/c of his care and thouroughness both babies were completely healthy! I know it's hard when you don't get to see him, but understand if you are the woman who is having a lot of health issues or your baby then that is where he is always at. I respect the man 110% and understand entirely when he can't see me or other women, but I know from experience with my health concerns and my babies that when that arises he spends the time there!
RID: 2239978
12/06/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Cotes is the best dr in town. He has saved my daughters life as well as my son. yes, they have a long wait to see him, but at the same time they make up for it to do all they can to make sure you and the baby is healthy growing and alive. this man is like a gift from god.
Respond

11/03/12 SYSTEM: 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1672496
30/12/11 5 5 5 5 I am pregnant with my first baby! I really like Dr.Cotes even though I have only met him once which I totally understand he is a really busy man! I scheduled an appointment to meet him and the day of my appointment I got a phone call from his doctors office. They said I would not get to meet with him at that appointment because he had to go in for an emergency surgery. But he did everything to still make it to my appointment to meet me which I thought was very careing of him. His PA.s are very nice to! I remember my firs visit i was very nervous and they just mad me feel very relaxed by just talking to me! If i have another kid a couple years from now Dr, .Cotes will be my doctor if he is still deliverying babies.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1537579
14/09/11 4 3 5 5 I have been a patiend of Dr. Cotes for many years. He delivered both my boys. I had complications with both pregnancies and he was ALWAYS available to me at ANYTIME day or night. I think the man must LIVE at the hospital! He is kind, caring, and ALWAYS reassuring. I wouldn't go through a pregnancy/delivery without him!!!
Insurance: Coventry
RID: 1486382
13/07/11 4 3 5 5 Dr.Cotes has delievered both of my son's and i had to have c-sections with them both but even though i did I was greatful to him and owe him my life for saving both of my boys. I lost one when I was with Dr.Patel and he didnt even try to stop it and Dr.Cotes did my dnc so i switched to him after that and was pregnant again in a year and a day I started to miscarry and Dr.Cotes did every test possible to find the problem and did he saved my son from me miscarring him and then again when i went into labor. He is a great man who always has a smile on his face and always does his best for the patient and the baby. His staff is wonderful and very kind. I would refer him to anyone and have referd him to a few ppl.
RID: 1140931
31/03/10 5 3 5 5 I love Dr. Cotes. I had a very hard time with my first pregnancy and believe I would not have delivered a healthy baby if it wasn't for Dr. Cotes. Im seeing him now, three years later, for my second pregnancy. He remembers all the problems I had with the first and is always on top of things. He has a great bedside manner. I was hospitalized for three months with my first and he seemed to always be at the hospital. He even checked on me once at 4am! His staff are all great also. The wait in the office is well worth the care.
RID: 1029778
09/11/09 3 1 4 5 WAIT TIMES BEFORE AN APPT ARE UNBEARABLE! HUGE PREGNANT WOMEN WOULD HAVE TO SIT ON THE FLOOR OR STAND FOR 1 TO 2 HOURS EVERY APPT. I KNOW I HAD THIS PROBLEM THROUGHOUT MY WHOLE PREGNANCY.....I AM NOT GOING TO SEE HIM FOR MY SECOND BABY JUST BECAUSE OF THIS REASON. PLUS, MOST OF THE TIME, I ONLY SAW HIS PA, ONCE EVER 3 MONTHS I SAW HIM. PLUS THE DAY I DELIVERED.  Respond
RID: 994202
23/09/09 4 1 3 4 I went to Dr Cotes' office because I wanted to see the same doctor throughout my pregnancy who would deliver my baby, and he got good reviews on this website. But I was NEVER seen by the doctor, only by PA's. I met the doctor one time when I was 5 months pregnant. At 8 months pregnant I took a childbirth class at Thomas where I asked the nurse about some of Dr. Cotes' policies. I found out that he likes to induce labor as soon as the pregnancy hits 39 weeks. Knowing that inducing labor before a woman is ready can lead to an unnecessary c-section, I asked about c-section rates at Thomas Hospital and found out they were above 30%, VERY high. With this information, at almost 9 months pregnant, I switched to a midwifery practice, Womencare WV. I have never waited more than half an hour to see someone with them, while the wait in Cotes' office was always over an hour. He may be a great doctor, but you wont probably see him until you are ready to deliver.
RID: 816617
06/03/09 5 3 5 5 I was transferred to Dr. Cotes after my ob quit delivering in the middle of my pregnancy. Dr. Cotes and his staff were absolutely the answer to a prayer. You do have to wait because of the nature of his office. But he is definitely worth the wait. I decided to stay with him after my sons birth because there is no kinder or more concerned physician. He answers questions and offers information. His staff was never anything but kind to me! I love them all!!
RID: 747440
20/12/08 3 3 5 5 Dr. Cotes has been my OB/Gyn for 17 years now and I have nothing but great things to say about him. He has 2 PA's Tara & Kristine. I don't care much for Tara, but Kristine has been great. I think Tara has to get to know you a little. I have been in his office alot lately (hysterectomy) and it seems like she is the only one I ever get to see anymore. I just wish he was the one who did the follow up visits after getting out og the hospital, but as anyone who has ever went to him knows he is very busy. When I was in the hospital the nurses would come in at all hours telling me he just called checking up on me. There is not a whole lot you can say other than he is a wonderful doctor and makes every patient feel like they are is only patient. He is the best.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 353796
26/06/07 4 5 5 Wonderful OB/GYN. As a physician myself, I can say that he has an incredible bedside manner. My wife and I can not say enough good things about Dr. Cotes. Dedicated, thoughtful, knowledgeable, informative. His staff is caring and friendly. The only possible negative is that he does run behind a little, but it is because of deliveries or taking time with patients to answer questions. Well worth it. Amazing experience overall.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 60947
01/12/06 2 5 5 Doctor Cotes is a very busy doctor, but he will go out of his way to help you. He is caring and brilliant!  Respond