Rate Dr. Joanne Cohen

Dr. Joanne Cohen's Ratings

Dr. Cohen does try her best. Family medicine can be complicated and onerous, adminstratively. I do appreciate her commitment to her patients, given the boundary of our health care system.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2593165].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2014

Great Family doctor!! It's hard to get an appointment as Dr.Cohen is very busy, but once you have your appointment she is very thorough and takes her time.She has a large data base of specialists that are top of the line. I hope she never retires as I would be lost. If your looking for a great doctor....She's the one!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1862144].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2012

Dr. Cohen is by far the best family doctor we've ever had. Not only is she caring and punctual, she never rushes you and listens patiently to all your concerns. She even follows through on her patient's progress with a phone call after hours! My 5 yr old son loves going to see Dr. Cohen and even after his last vaccine shot with abit of crying, he says he still likes going :-), now that's a good testimonial!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1862143].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 30, 2011

I am sorry, but she is not up to scratch and I have moved as I do not feel that she is as good as she once was

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1862142].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 28, 2011

My family is blessed to have someone like Dr. Cohen. She is one of the most thorough doctors that I have ever met. Because of her, my cancer was diagnosed and treated long before most people. To those who complained about her ‘punctuality’ I say it’s hard to really care about your patients and give them the extra time that she so often does and be ‘punctual’. Priorities people…please! Great job Dr. Cohen and thank you!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1862141].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2010

I was a patient of this doctor many years ago -- I had to leave her care as I found that the additional charges were getting too much for me. There should be some allowance for patients who simply cannot afford to pay. When they demanded $25. for photocopying - I asked them if i could come in and do my own photocopying -- I was brushed off of course - for 5 pages. Compassion is not the first priority here. One can find those in the medical profession that do care about their patients, however one must have patience and perseverence.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1862140].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 1, 2010

I called to book a physical.. I haven't had one in 2 years. Today is May 11th. The first appointment available is mid August. THREE MONTHS! I have done my best to be patient with this clinic. I have tried to not get upset when I am left waiting for EVERY appointment or when it takes a long time to book one. I have tried to understand why she is the ONLY doctor I have ever had that charges me for everything she can (simple 4 sentence doctors note = $60, referral form for physiotherapy that the receptionist fills out and signs = $15). I tried to be accepting when I needed my Vaccination information passed on to my employer which I called about repeatedly (that was 2 years ago... still waiting.. no actually I gave up and thankfully my employer forgot). Today... I am DONE. I will be getting a new doctor or go to the walk in. I get better service there. She's a great doctor if you never need to see the doctor and if you have lots of money and patience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1862139].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 11, 2009

My family and I have seeing Dr. Cohen for too many years to count, and honestly, she is the best doctor I have ever been too. Always well accommodates to the times I am available and not once have I been kept waiting an unreasonably long time. She is always thorough with her diagnosis and wants what's best for my family and I. Thank you, Dr. Cohen, if you can see this. Excellent.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1862138].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 24, 2008

I am a physician. Dr. Cohen is an incredible family Dr. She is caring, compassionate and takes all the time you need with her. I have never felt rushed. For those of you complaining about the long waits.......do you really understand the abuse of the Ontario Health Care system. You are lucky to have a Dr. that cares enough about you to spend an adequate amount of time with you! Things happen in a physicians day that are unexpected and require more time than expected. GOod physicians take the time to deal with the issues and this of course leads to increased wait times. You should be so lucky to have a Dr. that cares like Dr. Cohen does. In all my years, I have only found her support staff to be friendly and receptive. I have never experienced the rudeness posted by others on this website. A physicians office is not liek a hair salon where you expect to be taken in on time. Each patient is individual and requires special attention. Dr. Cohen is a remarkable Family dr.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1862137].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2008

Enough, this is a hand holding clinic. Poor staff, part time doctors and Dr Cohen is never there when you need her

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1862136].votes_count ]]