Rate Dr. Gregory Leonard

Dr. Gregory Leonard's Ratings

Dr. Leonard goes on lots of vacations and consequently has no time to see patients. I've had doctor Leonard as my family doctor for over 30 years now, but for the last few years he has never been able to see me within a months time. A couple times they actually tried to schedule an appointment for me 3 months down the road. Who's still sick or in pain 3 months after the event? Overall very poor service these days, in my opinion he should just retire and get it over with.

Submitted April 23, 2013 | flag

Fabulous, highly professional office. Fastidious, detail oriented, quick with referral information and knowledgable, empathetic staff. Attentive and concern for your overall well being makes you feel very well cared for.

Submitted Sept. 28, 2012 | flag

I like Dr Leonard. He's a nice guy and never diagnosed me wrong. I found the person above who "diagnosed themself" pretty funny.. diagnos themselves.. haha. Anyhow, he's a good doctor, and who cares what God he believes in, I'll give him the good MD card and ignore what religion he follows.

Submitted July 14, 2010 | flag

I have always respected Dr. Leonard's ability to provide me with quality care. I appreciate his focus and his attention to the facts. He's objective in his assessment of the patient and the symptoms. I can see how some might find his manner calculated (or even cold)but, honestly,I want a Doctor that listens, assesses and provides you with good info and direction. I have a very high respect for his prescence and opinion and having as my Dr. has been of great benefit for all my health issues. He's a busy guy who has been taking excellent care of his community for many years. Thanks Dr. Leonard for being there when I finally accepted that I needed you.

Submitted Dec. 30, 2009 | flag

dr leonard has helped my wife through cancer and me through dealing with this life taking disease all i can say is many thanks for such a great dr.

Submitted Oct. 14, 2009 | flag

Not detailed in physical examinations. Will send you on to a specialist after you have provided your own diagnosis.

Submitted June 7, 2009 | flag

He does not spend enough time with each patient to be capable of forming an accurate diagnosis of the possible problem. I had perfectly normal blood pressure till 39 years old. It changed to 165/115 overnight. His diagnosis was "Old Age setting in". I was given BP pills, and more pills, etc. Have had exceedingly high blood pressure since then (up to 260/160). Finally diagnosed as Coon's Disease 8 years later, which has been my problem since the beginning. I had my left adrenalin gland removed. He did not do his research. I then injured my left wrist in 1999. He diagnosed it as arthritis (or as carpel tunnel). The pain increased till it was unbearable for the next 3 year. It was finally diagnosed three years later as a ripped tendon in my wrist. Due to the delayed diagnosis I had my left wrist removed (4 corner fusion) in 2003, and I am now on CCPD disability making $12,00/yr. I formally complained to the College of Physicians and Surgeons to no avail. Patients lie, doctors don't. Ha!

Submitted Feb. 25, 2008 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr. Leonard for 22 years and my family has for longer. I could not have asked for a more caring and thoughtful person to take care of me or any other member of my family. He has helped my family through its fair share of terrible situations as well as all the common colds, flu's and aches. Anytime you need a specialist who always gives recommendations to the best person for the job.

Submitted Feb. 6, 2008 | flag

It is a pitty that someone has rated Dr. Leonard so bad. I understand that there must be some people who have a bad experience once in a while but doctors are human too. I have had him as my doctor for as long as I can remember. I find him very considerate, patient, and always professional. He listens to what I have to say and always makes sure he asks if that was all the things I needed to talk to him about. I am thankful to have Dr. Leonard as my family doctor.

Submitted Jan. 15, 2008 | flag

The problem with this forum for rating doctors (or anyone actually) is that reviews such as a few of the above are allowed for those who wish to vent anger that is CLEARLY not warranted. Are accusations such as "incompetent" and "liar" not worthy of being removed from this site? Dr. Leonard is a WELL respected man in the Kemptville community and an excellent doctor. I was VERY happy to have him when I lived there. He listens and is most attentive. He does not rush you and will always say what he believes to be a problem. He is VERY knowledgeable and will certainly say what he believes to be a problem. He explores remedies with you and always offers to include specialists in your consult. He's a conscientious and kind person. If anything were wrong with his practice, I would say it's that he works too hard!!

Submitted Dec. 8, 2007 | flag