Dr. Hernan I. Vargas

Grad. Year: 1986

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 16 reviews. Dr. Hernan I. Vargas has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Dr. Hernan I. Vargas
Surgeon (general)-related: microsurgery, general surgery, trauma surgery, transplant surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5572517
20/06/14 5 5 5 5 I have no words to describe him, no one is complete and perfect, but Dr. Vargas is complete and perfect. Trust him with all your problems and he'll find a way to make you feel better. My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer (Stage 1-2), it was very hard to accept this fact and stay calm, but with Dr. Vargas's help and all the attentions we went through everything and now its all good. Also, his staff is amazing. Thank you for all the help  Respond

03/03/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.7

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Hernan" to "Hernan I."

05/10/13 SYSTEM: location removed: Arlington, VA
RID: 2693760
25/06/13 5 5 5 5 I first time met best my favorite doctor name is dr H Vargas is very impressed and real good care about my breast issue I am so proud he start learn to sign language for me and sweet, called me how do I feel after surgery I told him I feel great fine AWESOME!! I just moved in Frederick, Maryland from Louisiana less a year 2013. I am happy meet new dr Vargas !!
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 2647313
13/05/13 5 5 5 5 I consider Dr Vargas as one of the most professional surgeon. He handles the patient mentality and illness at the same time. He keep that friendly smile that make the patient feel calm and relax. Because of his medical knowledge, the patient feels more confidence about his ability to perform the surgery. I recommend him for any breast cancer surgeries.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 2539537
23/01/13 5 5 5 5 I had breast cancer and Dr. Vargas was referred to me. Dr. Vargas is one of the most human surgeon I have met. He takes the time to talk to me and explain my options. When you are sick, understanding and kindness go a long way. And surgery went great.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 2192396
02/06/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Vargas is one of the best Doctors I have ever met; he explained my case and verified all the details concerning my case. Dr. Vargas exposed a high professionality to make me feel comfortable in dealing with my medical case. Dr. Vargas is a very experienced and cares for his patients and has a great and cooperative staff. Ruwaidah Dawood and her family are grateful to Dr. Vargas and his staff. Ruwaidah Dawood.  Respond
RID: 2145230
16/05/12 5 5 5 5 When you are diagnosed with cancer, you not only want a surgeon who is the best in their field, but someone who you can trust and treats you with kindness and sensitivity. Dr. Vargas is a great example of this. Having seen many doctors for breast cancer, I can tell you he is one of the best--with expert knowledge, technical skill, bedside manner, and just being there to help you through the process. In addition, both the medical and administrative staff is beyond compare to any other office I've dealt with. As upsetting as a cancer diagnosis can be, if you have it and need a surgeon, working with Dr. Vargas makes it easier to deal with. He's the best!
Insurance: Unicare
RID: 1714553
15/02/12 5 5 5 5 Having received my breast cancer diagnosis and not knowing where to turn, a friend highly recommended Dr. Vargas. He showed genuine concern not only for me, but also for my family going through this difficult time. He was very patient with all of our questions and made sure we understood everything. He made me feel like I was his only patient. I was most impressed with his timely call backs with results and the fact that he made these calls himself even late at night. His compassion and care made going through this diagnosis and surgery so much easier!
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 1708312
08/02/12 5 5 5 5 Absoluteley fantastic- I highly recommend this doctor. He very knowledgeable and has an awesome personality. Staff is great also.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1697461
26/01/12 5 5 5 5 Being told I had breast cancer completely left me feeling numb inside and out!!!! Luckily I had Dr. Vargas as my surgeon, he made things make sense and he cared about my questions and concerns...he made me feel so comfortable !!! My surgery was perfect and I am healing just fine!!!! His bedside manner is so awesome, not to mention he's very handsome:) Cant wait to go back and see him for my 6 month check up!!!! He also is very good at returning calls himself, not have someone from his staff call!
RID: 1498913
29/07/11 5 4 5 5 What an amazing person and physician! They should clone him. Really the best there is.

RID: 1393706
22/03/11 5 5 5 5 HE WAS ONE OF THE NICEST DOCTOR I HAVE EVER MET, EVEN THOUGH I WAS SCARED HE EXPLAINED EVERYTHING TO ME> I LOVE THIS DOCTOR YOU CAN TELL THAT HE LOVES WHAT HE DOES AND THATS SOMETHING THAT NOT A LOT PEOPLE CAN DO OR SAY. THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME  Respond
RID: 1373839
27/02/11 5 5 5 5 I saw Dr. Vargas 7 days after my diagnosis for breast cancer. He was compassionate and laid out the course of treatment for my husband and I. He made me feel comfortable the day of surgery since he knew it was my first surgery. I had complications after the first surgery with a massive hematoma. Rather than pass me off to an unknown surgeon, he performed this second surgery himself. I was really impressed with his bedside manner and his caring for his patients.
RID: 1355324
04/02/11 4 4 5 5 What an amazing doctor. Even though he's an expert, he listens and genuinely cares how you feel. (Plus he's gorgeous, yet doesn't seem conceited.) The perfect first guide for women on the breast cancer journey.
RID: 1333009
11/01/11 4 5 5 5 Awesome doctor. Great bedside manner. I was scared to death about my breast cancer. He put me at ease and explained everything in detail, taking the time to help me. He did a wonderful job with my surgery.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1225742
10/08/10 4 5 5 5 Dr. Vargas was one of the most passionate doctor's that I have ever dealt with. His wealth of knowledge and bedside manner went above and beyond any that I have ever received before. Highly recommend him for all aspects of Oncology.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1169585
14/05/10 5 4 5 5 Dr. Vargas defies the stereotype of the arrogant male surgeon. He doesn't rush you, he listens to your concerns and shares his tremendous breadth and depth of knowledge. He is also a highly skilled surgeon who minimizes discomfort during biopsies and similar in-office procedures. If you must have breast cancer surgery, see Dr. Vargas.