You may also like

Rate Dr. H. Gooi

Dr. H. Gooi's Ratings

Terrible experience! Was sent to Dr. Gooi as he assured us that a surgery would be set for a year from last year (2015) I have called at least 4 times to his reception for the appointment as she would be impatient and rude as she was still booking for the year...called AGAIN and now we are informed he only does ONE surgery a month!!! Why does it take you a year to place a waiting list of patients for surgery ONE a month?? Apparently we need to find another surgeon that wants to do more than ONE surgery a month! Ridiculous!!!!
This is the third time this year already with Tonsilitis

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2818446].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

We were referred to Dr. Gooi by our family doctor. We had to drive to the city, four hours for this appointment, and he rushed us through. Maybe he was having a bad day? He is knowledgeable yes, but did not make us feel "important". Rather, after a few minutes of stating facts and percentages, he flatly asked "So do you want the surgery or not?" as though....it wasn't a big deal and I was the kind of mom who would put my son through a procedure for the fun of it. He never sat down with us, just stood and rambled out facts. I see that he has received many great reviews, but in our personal experience on that particular day, it felt like he didn't have time or interest in my son's case. We left feeling it was a total waste of our time.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2805279].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015

I have seen Dr. Gooi for many years. He has always been kind and helpful. He has excellent contacts and will make a referral when it is required. Unfortunately, he is working less and less these days and that makes it difficult to get an appointment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2775808].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

Dr. Gooi is a marvelous Dr. He is very compassionate and makes sure that I get seen by a specialist if he feels I need one. He always takes the time to listen to me and has a very good bedside manner. He is only one person and can only see sop many patients. He is a thoughtful man who doesn't hesitate to tell you how it is. It's unfortunate that there aren't more Dr.'s like Dr Gooi. Jeanette is fabulous and is a great asset to Westwood clinic. They always try and get you in as soon as possible. Thanks Dr Gooi and staff too bad there weren't more Dr's like you out there.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2620029].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2014

front desk manager should learn some manners, she is rude and talks down to people, has done this for so many years that I am surprised that j. still works there. the desk and appointments are worst now then ever something is very wrong there.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2602722].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 1, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Gooi's for decades. He was a good doctor in the early years, but he has now jumped on the profit bandwagon and the level of care/accessibility reflects that. He is rude, dismissive, and has no interest in listening to a description of concerns. To book a physical exam with him now takes a year in advance. To book a simple appointment with him as I just found out today will take until March 2015. His staff are no better.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2491604].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2014

I have never managed to get in to see him within 20 minutes of my appointment time - and it is usually much later than that. This morning I had the first appointment of the morning, 8:00AM. Knowing how the clinic works, I got there at 7:30 and lined up outside in the cold, so I was the first one in line to see a doctor. Got into an exam room at 8:05, and didn't actually see Gooi until 8:35. At 8:30 I poked my head out the door of the room and asked why he was late, and was rudely told "He will get to you when he gets to you". Now to find a new doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1863858].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2013

Was actually a patient of another doctor at this clinic who i didn't like and a week after i gave birth to my daughter i was having trouble breathing and was wheezing really bad, i figured it was just my asthma so went to the walk in clinic to get a new inhaler and as dr. gooi always does he asked more questions instead of looking at the obvious, didn't like what he heard so he sent me directly back to a hospital with a note to get me in fast, lucky he did as i had fluid in my lungs due to a rare postpartum heart condition. Saved my life!!! Not only that, he was kind enough to take my husband and I as regular patients as my husband did not have a family doctor. A++ doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1863857].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 4, 2011

Dr. Gooi was a friendly doctor, who always makes time, and has a great manner about him. He may not be the most knowledgeable, but he always follows up on questions or concerns. He helped detect my wifes cancer early and possibly saved her life. My family will continue to see Dr. Gooi until he retires.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1863856].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 2, 2010

Been our families doc for years and our childrens for years as well. I have finally found a new doctor for my family. I sure can say the experience, manner and knowledge of my new doctor is miles ahead of Dr. Gooi. You probably get sick just waiting in that run down westwood clinic or sitting on those stairs, very unacceptable. If you want to become addicted to painkillers and take the wrong medicine, he is your man. He is a good person who has lost his ways of compassion and practicing good medicine. I would have liked to continue to see him, but it was wise to make the switch and sure glad I did.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1863855].votes_count ]]