You may also like

Rate Dr. Manfred Ziesmann

Dr. Manfred Ziesmann's Ratings

This person should have his license pulled, he's not a surgeon, he's a butcher !!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2816155].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 23, 2015

My appointments with Dr Ziesmann so far have just been a diagnosis, & pre-op consultation. So far he has always been on time, always been willing to answers all of my questions(and I've had a lot of questions) & made sure that I understood his answers. I'm feeling very confident about him performing surgery on my wrist. His staff have also been very polite & accommodating. An all around positive experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2783198].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

If I could give less than 1 star I would. I unfortunately had Ziesmann on the emergency rotation and had no choice. He took hours to respond to pages from the ER the said he was too busy to show up even though he was on-call. My situation involved a partial amputation with an open fracture, after waiting 5 hours, I was told to come back the next day and he would see me then. Long story short, I saw him the next day... He made a diagnosis but never actually looked at the injury then sent me on my way saying "his office would call with a surgery time". They never called. I ended up having to search out another plastic surgeon to look after my amputated digit. By that time it was too late to do anything but cross my fingers and hope I didn't have to lose my thumb. I am now left with a thumb that doesn't bend at all. But I only have a thumb because of my work and efforts! I took my complaints to the College of Physician & Surgeons, the WRHA and the Health Minister about his shoddy treatment practices. They all passed the buck to each other. I warned them that accepting how he practices would lead to more "mistakes" with more serious consequences, I was ignored. Sadly I heard it happened again, but this time he actually screwed up a surgery. Shame on him, but more so.... shame on the College, the WRHA and the Health Minister Sharon Blady!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2777514].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

Dr. Ziesmann is a terrible doctor. please do not go to him. He doesn't care about ur experience, he doesn't care about your problem, he just wants to get everything done. He was very rude to me the other day when I asked him to call me. He is always busy, always late, never apologizes for doing something wrong. he isn't compassionate, and he never smiles. I just feel so worthless whenever I see him because he's not improving my scar and it's been years already that I've known him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2766231].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 3, 2015

I had 4 different surgeries with Dr. Ziesmann over the past 10 years due to a very rare skin disease. He is very knowledge about this condition and did excellent work and explained things before and after the procedures with me. He is a very busy man and is in high demand for his skills and knowledge. He does not have time for chit chat and is fair and direct which I respect and like. I needed to see him again this week and he is looking into my situation and advised me on a time frame to get a response. I always went in with reasonable expectations and the outcomes have been wonderful so far.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2732680].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 23, 2015

I had a very bad experience with Dr.Z or as my friend's dada referred to him as Dr.Zorro because he was left with a bad scar after an arm surgery with him. I had breast implants done in March of 2012. I had a breast reduction about 12 years prior and I had lost a lot of weight since then and my breasts were basically flabby skin. I did not want massive breasts as I ha already experienced that I'm my life so I was just looking to fill up the deflated breasts I had. During my consult I was clear about that with him and after trying on quite a few sizes I decided on a 325cc silicone implant. After the surgery I was pretty happy. My breasts seemed a nice size but after about 1 month when the swelling went down my breasts changed substantially. The implants had fallen to the sides of my chest and now they looked flabby but just bigger. I went back and discussed my dissatisfaction. He said we could do a lift which would be similar to the anchor shaped scar I already had from my reduction years ago. And if I put a larger plant in it would make them more firm and up high where they were supposed to be. So I did that. Had to pay another $1200 for a new implant as well. After surgery I noticed immediately that the problem had not gone away and I was left with brutal scars and puckering in my cleavage area. I went back for a follow up and he wanted me to see him to fix that. I went to Pan Am and with local freezing he cut my scars and restitched. The scars healed even worse! He then offered to do laser treatments which did nothing after 6 sessions. Then he suggested I go under again so he could use a C02 laser which he said would be very painfully and basically burn the scars so they could heal flatter. I woke up from that surgery and when I saw the scars I noticed I had a burn on the upper part of my breast that was not there before. Not anywhere near my incisions. He also had a student in the O.R for that procedure so not sure if his student screwed up or what. I never went back for a follow up because I am just so done with him. It has been a total nightmare. I went to see another surgeon for a consult and I am seeing what my options are now. I would not recommend seeing Dr. Z !

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2729825].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2015

I recently has Dr. Ziesman do some eye surgery, after a very bad experiance with two other eye surgeons, one being a plastic surgeon. Dr. Ziesman did a wonderful job of making the eye look as normal as it could given the circumstances. He was very quiet and listen to what i had to say, something other doctors seem to forget. I would return to this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2721147].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2015

I have nothing but good things to say about this clinic. I was not sure of the direction I wanted to go with my skin care but they were all so patient and caring and continue to be each time I go back. 2 thumbs up from me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2710619].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 5, 2015

I went to Dr. Ziesmann for a breast reduction. I told him numerous times what size I wanted to be following the surgery. On no occasion did he tell me that he may not be able to give me the size I wanted. Boy what a surprise when I took off the bandages following the surgery! Not only were my breast much smaller than what I had wanted, but there was puckering around the nipples as well. When I asked Dr. Ziesmann what happened, he told me that he couldn't determine what size I would be until he did the surgery. I cannot think of any reasonable reason why he did not tell me this prior to surgery. He then told me that if I wanted larger breasts we could do another surgery to tighten the skin and make them look larger. I made the mistake of agreeing to the surgery. As a result, my breast did not look any larger, they did not heal properly so I ended up having home care nursing come to my home for a couple of months to bandage my gaping wounds, and in the end my breast have more scarring and look worse then after the first surgery. I have since seen a different doctor for a consult to correct what Dr. Ziesmann did to me. Not only was my experience with him horrible, but I somewhat blame myself for having gone to see him in the first place, as I was referred to him by a friend who had a nose job that also went wrong. My friend had her nose job, and following that surgery, not only was her nose not as small as what she had told him she wanted, but she had a bump that wasn't there initially. Of course, he had to operate again to fix it, and luckily for her she finally got the nose she wanted. I almost wonder if he does a poor job the first time so that he has to do a second surgery as well and get paid for it. Please do not see this doctor!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2704672].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 31, 2015

I got a nose surgery and he almost made it perfect I am really pleased with what he did he made my nose look a lot better

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2487057].votes_count ]]