Rate Dr. Manfred Ziesmann

Dr. Manfred Ziesmann's Ratings

I had 4 different surgeries with Dr. Ziesmann over the past 10 years due to a very rare skin disease. He is very knowledge about this condition and did excellent work and explained things before and after the procedures with me. He is a very busy man and is in high demand for his skills and knowledge. He does not have time for chit chat and is fair and direct which I respect and like. I needed to see him again this week and he is looking into my situation and advised me on a time frame to get a response. I always went in with reasonable expectations and the outcomes have been wonderful so far.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2732680].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 23, 2015

I had a very bad experience with Dr.Z or as my friend's dada referred to him as Dr.Zorro because he was left with a bad scar after an arm surgery with him. I had breast implants done in March of 2012. I had a breast reduction about 12 years prior and I had lost a lot of weight since then and my breasts were basically flabby skin. I did not want massive breasts as I ha already experienced that I'm my life so I was just looking to fill up the deflated breasts I had. During my consult I was clear about that with him and after trying on quite a few sizes I decided on a 325cc silicone implant. After the surgery I was pretty happy. My breasts seemed a nice size but after about 1 month when the swelling went down my breasts changed substantially. The implants had fallen to the sides of my chest and now they looked flabby but just bigger. I went back and discussed my dissatisfaction. He said we could do a lift which would be similar to the anchor shaped scar I already had from my reduction years ago. And if I put a larger plant in it would make them more firm and up high where they were supposed to be. So I did that. Had to pay another $1200 for a new implant as well. After surgery I noticed immediately that the problem had not gone away and I was left with brutal scars and puckering in my cleavage area. I went back for a follow up and he wanted me to see him to fix that. I went to Pan Am and with local freezing he cut my scars and restitched. The scars healed even worse! He then offered to do laser treatments which did nothing after 6 sessions. Then he suggested I go under again so he could use a C02 laser which he said would be very painfully and basically burn the scars so they could heal flatter. I woke up from that surgery and when I saw the scars I noticed I had a burn on the upper part of my breast that was not there before. Not anywhere near my incisions. He also had a student in the O.R for that procedure so not sure if his student screwed up or what. I never went back for a follow up because I am just so done with him. It has been a total nightmare. I went to see another surgeon for a consult and I am seeing what my options are now. I would not recommend seeing Dr. Z !

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2729825].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2015

I recently has Dr. Ziesman do some eye surgery, after a very bad experiance with two other eye surgeons, one being a plastic surgeon. Dr. Ziesman did a wonderful job of making the eye look as normal as it could given the circumstances. He was very quiet and listen to what i had to say, something other doctors seem to forget. I would return to this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2721147].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2015

I have nothing but good things to say about this clinic. I was not sure of the direction I wanted to go with my skin care but they were all so patient and caring and continue to be each time I go back. 2 thumbs up from me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2710619].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 5, 2015

I went to Dr. Ziesmann for a breast reduction. I told him numerous times what size I wanted to be following the surgery. On no occasion did he tell me that he may not be able to give me the size I wanted. Boy what a surprise when I took off the bandages following the surgery! Not only were my breast much smaller than what I had wanted, but there was puckering around the nipples as well. When I asked Dr. Ziesmann what happened, he told me that he couldn't determine what size I would be until he did the surgery. I cannot think of any reasonable reason why he did not tell me this prior to surgery. He then told me that if I wanted larger breasts we could do another surgery to tighten the skin and make them look larger. I made the mistake of agreeing to the surgery. As a result, my breast did not look any larger, they did not heal properly so I ended up having home care nursing come to my home for a couple of months to bandage my gaping wounds, and in the end my breast have more scarring and look worse then after the first surgery. I have since seen a different doctor for a consult to correct what Dr. Ziesmann did to me. Not only was my experience with him horrible, but I somewhat blame myself for having gone to see him in the first place, as I was referred to him by a friend who had a nose job that also went wrong. My friend had her nose job, and following that surgery, not only was her nose not as small as what she had told him she wanted, but she had a bump that wasn't there initially. Of course, he had to operate again to fix it, and luckily for her she finally got the nose she wanted. I almost wonder if he does a poor job the first time so that he has to do a second surgery as well and get paid for it. Please do not see this doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2704672].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 31, 2015

I got a nose surgery and he almost made it perfect I am really pleased with what he did he made my nose look a lot better

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2487057].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2014

i am extremely pleased so fair, only day 13 after full lipectomy. my esteem has risen already, and after swelling and full recovery, will surely be more happy. i d recommend this PS

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2455813].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

I have to say that I haven't been impressed with Dr.Ziesmann. I had my hopes high when I first came to see him and thought my life was going to change immediately. But reality hit me. I was 16 when I had my first surgery, and the scars on my arm did not look better than before, so I had another surgery and it still wasn't better. To me it looks worse! I have a long fat red scar on my arm which I am currently healing with laser treatment but it is taking so long and I barely see any improvement over the last 2 years. I am constantly depressed because of my scar,I am desperate to wear t-shirts and tank tops and go swimming like all normal people. But I don't have any confidence or self esteem to show my ugly scars to people. I don't feel like Dr. ziesmann actually cares about how I feel even when I talked to him about all of this in person, he didn't really show sympathy for me at all! I can longer take it. I will not put up with his bad service anymore!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1864511].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 9, 2014

I went to see Dr. Zeismann for severe arthritis problems in both hands under the advice of a physiotherapist who was adamant this doctor was gifted in his field. 8 surgeries later, including a joint fusion on 1 thumb that was never stable after having the surgery, I realized this doctor was not helping my problem but causing further damage. This surgeon doesn’t even order x–rays in a timely manner to pinpoint problems or read x-rays at all when they had been taken. He completely misses a broken part in my hand as a result of not reading the x-rays leaving me in excruciating pain. He also did several surgeries to remove scar tissue, yet referred to the procedure on the paperwork as Neuroma removal which is a higher charging surgery to the client. This doctor was always late or flying off on vacations or seminars which made it impossible to track him down. His bedside manner stinks & so does his approach towards basic 101 reparative surgeries. I would never pay this doctor another.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1864510].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2014

Very pleased with Dr. Ziesmann ! He was great and did a great job ! I had my upper eyelids done and neck lipo. I had an allergic reaction to the T3's and I phoned his cell, he called me right back and gave me instructions ! The nursing staff kept in touch with me and gave me Dr. Ziesmann's email address so I could give him pictures of my rash to keep him informed! I live 6hrs from his office. On my post op check he was very nice and helpful because now I had gotten a bad cold so he prescribed some cough medicine. I would recommend him to my friends and family !!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1864502].votes_count ]]