Dr. Harold Nyhof

Rate Dr. Harold Nyhof

Dr. Harold Nyhof's Ratings

Submitted Aug. 27, 2012 | flag

I was a patient of his a 9 years ago,also had my father start seeing him as well.At first seemed to be a decent doctor,found it strange when i would go in to see him he would see a patient then a drug sales person.So he was not very punctual,also put my father on 13 different prescriptions and within 6 months my father passed a way from over medicating him. My father saw a specialist twice before he passed and he could not believe all the meds Nyhof had prescribed him.I think he is to focused on money to give proper attention to his patients. I believe he is a **** and should not be allowed to hurt anyone else. I ran into his old secretary the one that always looked so crabby,she said he treated her like crap.Almost didn't recognize her she was smiling and quite pleasant

Submitted June 27, 2012 | flag

Attended the clinic a couple of weeks ago for a back pain issue. Nyhof was in a miserable mood and scowled at me when i was describing what irritated my back . He made a couple of demeaning comments about my physical stature and cut me short when i talked of physio/exercizes. All he wanted to dowasprescribepain pills, and quickly exited while i was talking to him.Earlier while waiting , i overheard a loud young staff member berating another worker.I heard from another patient that it was his daughter who also works there. Certainly gets the rudeness from her dad. Because her dad works there you'd think she ran the clinic.

Submitted July 2, 2009 | flag

My Mother has terminal bone cancer that is the result of metastasized Breast Cancer. Dr Nyhof failed to diagnose or send my Mother for proper test (even a simple mammogram) when it was just Breast Cancer. He said that My mother was just suffering from depression and increased the meds he had given her. In effect he has murdered my Mother. Why Canada allows itself the embarrassment of this incompetent hack (witch doctor) to practice is beyond any reasonable pale. Perhaps we should all get together and file suit against Canada for violating common human rights because there is failure to hold this person accountable for the malpractice he routinely commits. The sheer number and kinds of complaints listed on this board alone would have him jailed by now in the states. I think if the Canadian Medical Society lacks the conscience to take proper action the citizens of Canada should do what ever is necessary to demand it. My Mother is dying because of this man. Don't see him.

Submitted Feb. 24, 2009 | flag

I have mixed feelings about my time as Dr. Nyhof's patient. So he's back in practice, is he? His 'staff' said he was closing up & not taking ANY patients with him. According to other comments here, that wasn't necessarily true. I believe his punctuality was affected by those very long-time patients who went to visit him & chat. I always looked forward to his pleasantries, and appreciated how he kept thorough records on me. I think he was frustrated with giving advice to patients who wouldn't take it, & kept coming back with the same issues. I hope he's happy doing whatever he's doing now.

Submitted Jan. 8, 2009 | flag

He's an unhelpful jackass. Sure, he's very funny, he'll tell you a ton of funny jokes and have you LOLing the whole visit, but as far as actually HELPING you with any problems? Not a chance! I was his patient for over 2 years, and I suffer from severe depression. EVERY SINGLE TIME I asked him to refer me to a psychiatrist, he always told me the waiting lists were too long and I should just call Klinic if absolutely needed. Meanwhile, if he actually HAD bothered to refer me when I asked, I would've been at the top of the waiting list and accepted already! My friend's mother ended up in a wheelchair because he didn't help her arthritis and weight issues in any way, and a 50-y.o. diabetic neighbour of mine ended up getting her leg amputated because he ignored her foot turning black! He also literally suddenly closed up shop, without telling anyone and leaving his patients high and dry! About a year later, he suddenly re-appeared in a new office, to the dismay of many.

Submitted Aug. 28, 2008 | flag

I think it's comical how people think doctor's "owe" them something. They are providing a SERVICE and RUNNING A BUSINESS just like everyone else in the work force. PRIOR to Dr. Nyhof leaving his practice, he put an advertisement on PAGE 2 of the daily newspaper indicating that his practice would be closing. Signs were also posted within the office indicating the same. Why should he have to go to the time and expense of contacting thousands of patients individually to inform them of this. Perhaps if the same patients that are complaining took an "active" interest in their health, and the health of their families, they wouldn't have found out the office was closed only "when something was wrong". After practicing medicine for 20 plus years, I think WE owe it to Dr. Nyhof to support him in his decision to do what is right for HIM, and thank him for a job well done. Put yourself in his shoes...if you were offered a job that was better suited to your needs, wouldn't you take it?

Submitted June 22, 2008 | flag

My friend was a patient of his. For a problem she had, he prescribed Prednisone. 5 mgs. a day. After a few weeks, she told him she didn't feel any better. So he put her dosage up to 10, then 15, then 20, 25, and finally got her up to 50 mgs dosage - a DAY!. And all this was all over several MONTHS! Again she said it wasn't helping. So he said: "So I guess you'd better stop taking it!" (All the while, she was NOT taking the medication that is recommended to be taking while on Prednisone in order to stop side-effects!) Prednisone is NOT a medication that you can quit "Cold Turkey" - you have to be "weaned" from it! She almost DIED! He should have his license to practice medicine revoked!

Submitted April 2, 2008 | flag

Dr. Nyhoff is a good doctor because he listens while I talk about the issues that need attention. He never cuts me off. We actually converse and he listens to my ideas. I've had doctors that told me only 15 minutes with them and only 1 problem for them to solve. That's pretty unrealistic. Dr. Nyhoff makes me feel welcome and always has a bit of nice things to say to break the ice. Thank you Dr. Nyhoff.

Submitted March 12, 2008 | flag

Excellent for 20yrs!!!!To bad he moved on. My kids & wife thought he was great, he delivered them both 20yrs ago.

Submitted Oct. 23, 2007 | flag