Rate Dr. Stephen McCoy

Dr. Stephen McCoy's Ratings

THE best doctor in town if you have to wait it's worth it he seems know everything that has every been wrong with me and he is one of the most caring people i have ever met

Submitted Feb. 24, 2011 | flag

My husband is off work until he has an all clear from the Dr. He's changed appointments twice and left a note on the door to say nobody is in today the third time. No phone calls from secretaries. The walk in clinic would have had his results in 3 days, it's been 3 weeks.

Submitted Oct. 25, 2010 | flag

His staff are very unprofessional. No phone calls have ever been returned. The secretary has called me and given me lab results for the wrong patient!! The nurse in the office seems very nervous and unsure about anything she seems to do. Dr. McCoy is a knowledgable doctor if you can ever get in to see him. He rescheduled my appointments 4 times!!!! I have also waited for over 3 hours in the office only then to be told he won't be able to see me. I'm in the process of finding another doctor.

Submitted Sept. 16, 2010 | flag

He is not only a great doctor. But a cool guy. I really appreciated his style and sincerity. Had to wait to get an appointment quite a while, but glad I did. Bravo.

Submitted June 14, 2010 | flag

Dr. Mccoy is excellent! he is very caring, and extremely friendly! he always seems to know whats the matter, and always fixes the problem. the red head nurse on the other hand... shes nasty.

Submitted May 31, 2010 | flag

Dr. Mccoy is a one of a kind doctor, who I'm fortunate and happy to have. He treats you like a friend, not a patient, taking the time to make sure you feel comfortable with your health and know the reasoning behind any prescriptions, precautions or recommendations he may make. That's why the wait can be a little long at times, but everything comes with a price. And I am more than willing to wait if that means I get a good quality visit. His knowledge is endless, so you can depend that he is making the right decisions. When he wasn't at the office and I went to a doctor in the States for a certain health problem they didn't know, he had figured it out when he returned with just one appointment. I was surprised, but that's what you get from a good doctor. The staff is great as well, especially the boy who you can tell is really interested in the patient's well being.

Submitted May 31, 2010 | flag

very reliable dr. when in his office. wait times are usually lengthy but worth the wait. questions r always answered, even some just sprung on him. tells u how it is, never beats around the bush. doesn't believe that all things are judged on stats and get to know patients and personalities well. it would be very unfortunate to lose such a great doctor in an area where they are extremly hard to find.

Submitted May 3, 2010 | flag

Dr. McCoy is an amazing,knowledgable, and compassionate Medical Doctor ! He even spoke to me on the phone ( not requested ).That is almost unheard of in this day of medical urgency.

Submitted Jan. 19, 2010 | flag

I've been a patient of Dr. McCoy's for many years. There is nobody that knows more then him, if you need that extra care he will take the time to give it to you and explains alot when other doctors don't. He has never rushed me out of a visit or left me feeling I had more questions he treats me as a preson. I do have to wait sometimes but I know it's because he's giving the best care and my health is worth every single extra second no office is on time so waiting is part of it all. I can't say how much this Doctor has done from me and my family and has gone above and beyond to make sure we get proper care, proper tests and all the extra efforts he does that in this day and age others wouldn't.

Submitted Sept. 29, 2009 | flag

I believe Dr. McCoy is one of, if not the best family MD in our area. He goes out of his way to give quality care even with ever increasing pressure and difficulty to do so due to cut backs/lack of resources in our area. I have had several Dr's previously and was not very impressed by them. Never did they bother to help with samples even though I had no drug plan; they never even bothered to ask, and I did not know to ask. I even had to explain to one what my condition was as he had no clue. Not Dr. McCoy-Dr. McCoy has blown me away by his knowledge, care, understanding and time he has given me. He does call in ill frequently, but he is worth the wait and hastle of having to reschedule. EVERYONE gets sick. As well, he is often behind schedule; but that is usually because someone needed more care and he gave it. I just wish he would take better care of himself so he can continue being the great Dr that he is.

Submitted June 26, 2009 | flag