Dr. Stan Lipnowski

Dr. Stan Lipnowski

Rate Dr. Stan Lipnowski

Dr. Stan Lipnowski's Ratings

Submitted Aug. 6, 2014 | flag

I went to the Manitoba Clinic this morning hoping to see either our paediatrician or walk in. I didn't expect to be seen right away. Dr. L saw us with our 7 month old baby and told us that we can't go in like that. He was rude and disrespectful. He was coughing right in front of me and wasn't even trying to cover his mouth. He didn't even asked what's wrong with the baby, all he cared about is that his long weekend better not be affected by us showing up. I left the clinic without seeing a doctor and went to our family doctor instead. I was there because we were concern, no one wants to go to the doctor if they are healthy. He could have turned me away saying they don't do walk ins but instead he freaked out at me and made me feel like a second class citizen. It was unnecessary. If my baby was in immediate danger, he seems the type to just let the baby get worse. He treats his job a 9-5 job, he does not have the humanitarian attitude needed for a doctor.

Submitted Aug. 1, 2014 | flag

Dr. Lipnowski has been our pediatrician for 5 years. He was okay with my daughter but once my son was born he was extremely unhelpful. We have since found a new pediatrician. My son has been misdiagnosed multiple times. He has since been diagnosed with acid reflux which I suspect he has had for the last 3 years. Dr. Lipnowski will not refer when he doesn't know, blows off parents concerns and generally does not take the time to listen. I asked multiple times about his constant crying as an infant and Dr. L told me to let him cry in his crib. We have now found out that he has acid relfux which he refused to give us a prescription for or refer us to someone else to investigate. It breaks my heart that my son was in som much pain as a child for this long and my concerns were repeatedly brushed aside. My son also suffered with repeated ear infections and I finally had to insist upon a referral to an ear specialist. He is rude and constantly diregards concerns. Parents know their children!

Submitted March 18, 2014 | flag

Our boys have seen Dr. Lipnowski for the past 17 years and we have been extremely pleased with the care and compassion that he has shown. We were always able to get in when we needed and were given the opportunity to ask questions we had. His wonderful sense of humour reduced our worries and made for an entertaining experience. We are now on the adventure to find a new doctor for our 18 year old son. We only hope that we are as fortunate as we have been with Dr. Stan! We would also like to thank Maria for her support and understanding.

Submitted Sept. 30, 2013 | flag

Our original paediatrician retired recently so we had to find a new one. Today was our 4yo daughters first appt with Dr. Stan. We found him to be thorough, gentle, interested, helpful, and kind. Our daughter received him well, and so did we. Keep in mind this was a FIRST visit, we will continue to update here periodically. So far, we're pleased.

Submitted May 31, 2013 | flag

When my child was born, she was unlucky to be assigned Dr. Lipnowski as her pediatrician. Because of his lack of care and lack of knowledge, within 3 months my baby daughter practically developed rickets (he said it's ok not to give her Vitamin D while she was a winter baby) and malnutrition (upon Dr. Lipnowski's advice I fed her often but very little). Moreover, when I said she constantly had discharge from her eyes he - without even looking at her - said it would go on for months and that I shouldn't do anything about it. Well, as it turned out, if I hadn't done anything about my daughter's eyes - this was in fact entropion - my baby could have turned blind! I was lucky to bring my baby overseas where we stayed until she was 11 months and where she had superb pediatric care. Upon our return I switched my baby to a different pediatrician but I still resent the harm to her health, which was the result of Dr. Lipnowski's lack of professionalism.

Submitted Aug. 26, 2011 | flag

We've been with Dr Stan since 1994. I was a young mom (17 when my eldest was born) and left our previous Dr because she was very condescending towards me. He, however, has been absolutely amazing to us. If he doesn't know something he finds you a Dr that does and he has always taken time to explain things and ask very thorough questions. Yes, he has a quirky personality but it's definitely part of his charm.

Submitted July 12, 2011 | flag

Dr. Stan is simply the best peds Doctor around. When BOTH my sons were in the hospital with life threatening diesases as small infants, he came EVERY day EARLY in the AM to check on not only the children, but me as well. You will not find a more caring and dedicated physician. I would recommend him to ANYONE who has children!!!

Submitted Jan. 16, 2011 | flag

Contacted the Doctor to have my teenage son seen. We had not been to the office for several years because my son was very healthy and we live out of town. The doctor called and asked me about his condition and I explained why I had called. He then said that my son was not a patient. I have no problem with him telling me that my son could no longer be a patient but WHY ask me about his condition first? That was strange! He could have politely explained that my son had been taken on their list of patients because of the length of time but instead he was very rude to me. I think this is too bad because I thought that he was a great doctor before this. I would gather from this that he is probably overworked and when people are overworked and stressed out they probably don't make the best doctors.

Submitted July 6, 2009 | flag

when our son was born dr. lipnowski had required 3 blood tests and said our son had galctosemia which our public health nurse told us and not him. that was wrongfully diagnosed. our son is now a few months older and has had this rash and eye staying shut since he was 1 month old. we took him to see lipnowski once again cause of a rash on his head and his eye was a bit swollen. He said that it was just craddle cap and unless his eye gets red not to worry about it. after a little bit of time we decided to take him to a walk in clinic as soon as we walked in the doctor said he has an eye infection. after talking with my wife the doctor then came to the conclusion that he has impetago and is also allergic to milk. in my opinon no one should ever take there child to see lipnowski he doe not take his time. he should be spending more time with his clients concerns.

Submitted May 4, 2009 | flag