Rate Dr. John Rudan

Dr. John Rudan's Ratings

Dr Rudan did a knee replacement for me; very poor results. Quality of life is much worse now. In constant pain and have diminished mobility. His response? My pain is all in my head! My final visit I waited 5 hrs in the waiting room followed by 45min in the exam rm. I asked him for a referral for a 2nd opinion. He refused. I left, insulted; his intern chased me and apologized for him. Got a 2nd opinion elsewhere. My knee is rotated 38 deg to the R and tilts forward making contact with my shin. And they cracked my hip during the surgery. I've had 2 years of hell and am much worse off. Now the other knee needs done. I think Dr Rudan used to be half decent but should now just stick to his administrative responsibilities and give up surgery; depends too much on his interns. Finally found another doctor who is compassionate caring and who reassured me that the pain is real and comes from my knee, not my head. I regret having my knee done by Dr Rudan. Now I'm dealing with hip AND knee pain

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2455822].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 13, 2014

After a TKR I have had many complications and issues that other doctors have put down to unfortunate circumstances Dr Rudan Has put on me. I regret having my knee replaced but once it is done, it's done. It can't have anything to do with the surgeon as far as Dr Rudan is concerned.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1865892].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2013

He's the best surgeon in Kingston, and most likely in Ontario. If you want to feel completely comfortable that you're getting the absolute best result concerning hip care, he should be your choice. Dr. Rudan has performed 2 hip replacements and 2 revisions on each of my hips, and I have never had a problem. (I have had these surgeries from a young age, not because of any fault of Dr. Rudan's.)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1865891].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2013

Thank you Dr Rudan for finding me help for my osteochrandal defect..he helped me when no one else would. Great doctor!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1865890].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 19, 2013

Hi There! I have been a patient of Dr. Rudan's for almost 20 years! I was diagnosed with ewing sarcoma (bone cancer) in my left humerus. Dr Rudan replaced my humerus with a metal prothesis. This man has been there for me when I have needed him. And I can also tell you I have emailed him with any concern I have had and he always emailed me back within an hour or so. Also, got me in to see him the next day. I was in KGH for a different issue once, he must have saw my name in a morning briefing or something and made sure he came to see me that very morning. I speak very highly of him and always will! I do miss the visits however over time I am sure to visit him again someday!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1865889].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2012

At Kingston Gen Hospital. Usually long wait...once everyone had left the wait was so long. In patient care is through day curgery and is BAD.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1865888].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 6, 2011

I was referred to this orthopaedic surgeon by another orthopaedic surgeon. He has been great... has performed 4 different surgeries on me and I have absolutely no complaints. He is knowledgable, understanding, extremely busy but you don't have a sense of being rushed when you see him. An excellent doctor... a bit frustrating dealing with his office staff but otherwise great.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1865887].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 7, 2011

There is not a better surgeon in canada, for that matter , the world. professional and concise. The man is a credit to all those who suffer

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1865886].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2010

Poor to non-existent bedside manner. Unwilling to acknowledge possibility of responsibility for complications.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1865885].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2010

This Man Calls himself a surgeon?? Maybe if he showed up for surgery instead of letting his intern screw up his reputation. Had a femer repaired after an accident. they MALrotated my leg 48 degrees. I could turn my leg around backwards. WOW!! If I wanted to join the circus, I would have fit right in. As a result I have told everyone I come in contact with to never get anything done at the KGH.... but thats just my opinion.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1865884].votes_count ]]