Rate Dr. Robert D. Wilcox

Dr. Robert D. Wilcox's Ratings

Dr.Wilcox is simply amazing. I had a breast reduction surgery three weeks ago. He took off almost five pounds from my chest. Not only is the staff ( from reception to nursing) kind,thoughtful and very respectful but Dr. Wilcox is so talented. He did a great job. His bedside manner puts my nerves at ease and he feels like not only my surgeon but my friend. He truly is a gift. He made me feel at ease through the whole process( consultation to my still post op appt's) and even made my husband feel at ease too. Everything was explained to me from the start and any question I have along the way...is always answered. He not only changed me appearance to better my health but he changed my life. He is for sure an angel.

Submitted April 21, 2014 | flag

I underwent gynecomastia surgery at the Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery Center of Texas several months ago. From the initial consultation to the final follow-up visit, I commend Dr. Wilcox for his patience in answering my questions. The office staff has been all-around friendly and professional. As for the results of my surgery, I believe that this has been one of the best choices I've made for myself. I am glad that I chose Dr. Wilcox since his technique involves going in through small incisions underneath the armpits, resulting in minimal scarring that is mostly hidden. Additionally, there was no drainage tube necessary immediately after surgery. The recovery wasn't anywhere near painful, instead it was more sore than anything. The compression vest is really crucial to a successful recovery. I chose Dr. Wilcox since he does a high volume of these procedures annually, so I was more at ease that he would have the experience to pull off good results. I wish I had done this sooner!

Submitted Feb. 4, 2014 | flag

Horrible results... I went for a keliod removed. His fist words yes we can remove this and your to young and pretty to have this on your chest. I was happy to hear the words. Who would not want a nice clean pretty chest. We both had a clear understanding that I would walk away with no scar, not the case. He removed my stitches to early and it cause the scar to separate. I even mention in his office that I thought 2 week was not enough time. A month later went back and mention to him I was not happy with the results and my scar was bigger then it was before. He said give it time it will heal never happen booked another appt and was offer tattooing UMM it was a keliod tattoo’s cause keliods when I said that he just smiled and said well at least the keliod did not come back. Disappointed and they left stitches in my scar so had to go back 2months later for them to remove still didn't get them all and went back for a 3rd time. He’s caring in the beginning but not in the end.

Submitted Oct. 31, 2012 | flag

The augmentation another woman mentions, over the muscle - was done for me after a lift. The lift was done first. They were oversized a bit for me, as well. However, I am very pleased with the overall outcome. I have had them for 7 years now and they still look fabulous. I would recommend LISTENING to Dr. Wilcox's recommendations prior to surgery. He tried to talk me out of the second phase - augmentation, although he did do a terrific job, I regret having that done. They do not last forever, and it's $3500 to have them taken out. Get a lift and be happy with that. You clothes will fit better, and as I gained weight, my breasts got even bigger! So I struggle with gaping buttons and finding decently-priced and attractive 34DD bras (Hint: Macy's.) Do not bully your physician into doing exactly what YOU want. If you disagree, then tell them the overall look you want and let them do their job!

Submitted May 15, 2012 | flag

Dr Wilcox performed my breast augmentation 9 months ago. He put oversized implants over the muscle in replace of doing a lift. The results are horrible, the pain is even worse. He offered to fix them for more money. His words to me were "They look better then they did before" and "at least I left you with options". I found another surgeon to remove them and reconstruct the damage his work did to me. I was recommended to him by a friend who used him and is also dealing with the same issues. I do not recommend this doctor.

Submitted May 10, 2012 | flag

Dr Wilcox did such a good job on my Mommy Makeover. I really could not be happier. If you are thinking of having surgery, just book a consult with him and check his office out. I swear you will be impressed. I went to 2 drs and he was by far the best choice.

Submitted Jan. 8, 2012 | flag

Dr Wilcox and his entire staff are top notch. They always answer my questions nicely, explain things so I understand and offer alternatives such as staying overnight. I highly recommend him as a physician and love his work. His staff looks normal and not overdone like other surgeons I went to.

Submitted Nov. 25, 2011 | flag

Dr. Wilcox and his staff have given me such a great confidence in myself as a woman. The warm, never pressuring manner of Dr. Wilcox's demeanor make him a surgeon that I would recommend to anyone looking to embark on a plastic surgery journey. It's a tough decision, elective surgery, just knowing of the risks and weighing those risks with the benefits. However, I always felt like he had my best interests in mind, and his valuable advice has given me a cute little nose and a lovely enhancement to my breasts. I highly recommend Dr. Wilcox and his staff from knowledge to comfort to his responsible, realistic advice.

Submitted April 26, 2011 | flag

I can not say enough good things about my experience with Dr. Wilcox and his staff. They are top of the line and treat their patients like family. I cannot believe anyone would say anything different. I am 45 and had 3 procedures done at once. I could not be any happier with the results. The Dr. spends time with you to explain what is going to happen, how you will feel after, what to do in order to get best results and listens to anything you want to say or ask. He is amazing. His recovery nurses were amazing and so kind and patient when getting you ready to leave after you are all ready to go home. They help you and treat you like family again. His nurse Yvette that I saw for follow up appt was the absolute best. She makes the perfect team with Dr. Wilcox. I only saw him be gracious and kind to all of his staff and always made sure I was comfortable and happy with results. I cannot say enough wonderful things about them except everyone should give him a try. You will be glad

Submitted Aug. 12, 2010 | flag

I have been so impressed with Dr. Wilcox and his entire staff. They are always courteous and professional. I have had Botox and Juvederm and am thrilled with my results! I also recently had a pre-melanoma removed and you can barely see my scar. Thank you Dr. Wilcox and Staff!

Submitted Aug. 6, 2010 | flag