Rate Dr. Margaret Ochonska

Dr. Margaret Ochonska's Ratings

Today I visited Dr. Ochonska for the second time and both times I was in her office being seen by her within 20-25min. Not an unrealistic amount of time to wait. I found her to be very compassionate, took her time with me and actually listened rather than trying to throw a bunch of prescription drugs at me before fully hearing me out. In comparison to the doctor I finally just left who never remembered who I was even though she'd just seen me a month before and who got you in and out in under 15min whether you felt you were properly assessed or not. Dr Ochonska even gave me a hug when I left due to what I am going through. A better doctor you would be hard pressed to find. Also, her receptionist that everyone seems to also be complaining about greeted me warmly, and also wished me a good afternoon actually using my first name before I left. Even if I'd had to wait longer, it would be more than worth it compared to having to deal with past doctors I've experienced.

Submitted Feb. 11, 2014 | flag

Okay to begin yes I know that dr ochanskas office is a bit of a wait but honestly I was disgusted with some patents last time I was waiting and also with the comments on this site. You guys don't realize that she is late because she is doing rounds and hospitals with patients there , she's not sleeping in everyday just thinking oh I'm going to make my patients wait extra long today. Everytime I go to dr ochanskas office she always assess me correctly and gives me proper medication that I need to feel better if I need it. You guys all know that there is a wait and complaining about it in the office or online isn't going to get you in any sooner. Be happy that you have a doctor and free health care rather that complain you have to wait a bit.

Submitted Feb. 12, 2013 | flag

I have been seeing Dr O for many years, each year they wait time seems to get longer... I had an appointment for 9:45 which I showed up for by 9:30 when the office opened... there were 3 people waiting when I got there... Dr O didn't even show up until after 10:50, and this wasn't the first time she came in late... In this case, one of the 3 people had left because they couldn't wait... Finally after 7 people have already come and gone for their appointment I was called in to wait in the hall at 11:30... at that time, all offices were full... then one person left, and they took another person in that office... now at 11:45 and still in the hall... someone walked in for a "prescription-only" (Birth Control fill) at 11:50.. They were seen right away and on their way... I voiced my displeasure with the front desk in a manner that was not disrespectful but loud enough for the rest of the overflowing waiting room to hear... Oh yeah, and the waiting room... (More to come)

Submitted Nov. 19, 2012 | flag

I've been going to dr O since i was 12 years old, now as a 22 year student in health care i see the inadequecy of this office.even going in to get my immunizations up-to-date done was an extreme hassle even though it was made very simple. Here are the shots i need and to be tested to prove the antibodies are in my system. She sent me for some blood work and was told everything was fine, when i went in to get the form signed and take to school not one bit of information was added. when i persued it they apologiezed some specimens were sent for the wrong tests other information was lost and never found and appointments with other physicians were not made. her hours are messed and she doesnt seem to feel the need to follow them either not to mention waiting 2-3 hours with an appointment.

Submitted April 12, 2012 | flag

Both I and My wife are extremely frustrated with the waiting times to see this Doctor.3 1?2 to 4 hourd is unreal and she follows no reasonable pattern. If ylu don't have symptoms when you go to her, you certainly do come out with some frustration and a vase of nerves. There is absolutely no God Given reason waiting times are so long, no matter haw good she may be. There are times she has to find the results which have not been filed. When she personally calls you in thru her reception I would fully expect to see her almost immediately otherwise why call.The call in must have to do with incoming results and we shouldn't have to wait for 3 hours. Enough is enough. It's time to change docters before we have other problems develop. This Doctor is Gonzo no matter how good many think she is.

Submitted Feb. 10, 2012 | flag

When I was 16 years old I began having panic attacks, instead of figuring out the reason or referring me to a psychiatrist she put me on anti-depressants (which arent to be given to anyone under 21 as your brain is not fully developed until then) I was happy at first because the chronic panic attacks went away but I became suicidal and depressed. The point is everytime I went back to her she upped my dose repeatedly. Now 12 years later and educated in mental illness I now know behavioral therapy is the immediate choice for those suffering with any anxiety disorder or mood disorder in general which Dr. Ochonska most definitely did not inform me of. I am still on the medication and am so high of a dose it's too dangerous to come off without the assistance of a doctor which I have never found one willing to do due to my continued anxiety....sigh

Submitted Feb. 8, 2012 | flag

Tabitha tries her best. It's a busy clinic and everyone knows that. Dr. O has been practicing for as long as I've needed a doctor and I wouldn't go to anyone else, despite the wait. It's worth the care I've received and I am a medical professional myself and trust her clinical judgement.

Submitted Feb. 5, 2012 | flag

I think Dr. Ochonska is fantastic. She is in excellent doctor and very easy to talk to.The downfall is the wait times to get in to see her which can be on average 1-2 hours with an appointment and 2-3 as a walk in. Another big downfall is her receptionist. It may not entirely be that the receptionist can't be good at her job, it could simply be that they need another person in there helping her. She is very disorganised and usually forgets to call to let me know of appointments with specialists, test results and has on more than one occasion made an appointment for me on a day or time that the Dr won't be in, then called me the night before to tell me she made a mistake and i would need to reschedule. These issues are in my eyes pretty serious and all together very frustrating. Although i love having Dr O as my Dr, the lack of organization from the front desk is enough to make me want to look for another Dr, which i will probably end up having to do.

Submitted May 26, 2011 | flag

I think Dr. Ochonska is a very nice person but not a good doctor. I bet she'd be fun to hang out with her on a day off. However, She's never on time. I've had to wait up too 5 hours to see her. I've waited less time at a hospital ER! I have even called Tabitha to ask her how far beind is Dr. O. is and she'd tell me to come in 2 hours. Even coming 2 hours later I've still had to wait 2 hours. If you see people sitting on the side and not in the waiting room its because they need to get a percription re-filled and she'll see those people before seeing the people waiting. Sometimes there is only standing room only in her waiting room. I've seen her take files under the pile when she should be taking them from the top. I've seen a young girl (maybe her sister?) helping Tabitha. Tabitha is a poor example of health and should be on a diet, and she needs to quit smoking. I've found a new Dr. and I love her to death, I haven't waited more than 5 mins to see my new Dr, and her ratings are 4.4.

Submitted April 4, 2011 | flag

Has no concept of time and makes patients wait to be called often up to 2 hours and a further waiting period in the examining room. I have sat as long as 3 hours before finally being seen and then only for 10 to 15 minutes. How can you conduct a Physical Exam in 20 Minutes and be thorough? We should be charging her for excessive waiting time. When you have an assigned aappointment time it shouldn't take 2 hours to be seen. I believe she randomly chooses who she wants to see when and where and doesn't follow her appointment calender.

Submitted Oct. 29, 2010 | flag