Rate Dr. Ford S. Cooper

Dr. Ford S. Cooper's Ratings

Great orthodontist. Very busy but efficient and fully focused when your in his chair. Staff is patient and answers all questions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2484501].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 29, 2014

Dr. Cooper's reception staff is really bad. He over books and wait times for visits are well over 30 minutes. Dr. Cooper spends less then 5 minute with patients after first visit. Overall if I could I would change to different orthodontist. Very bad experience. Horrible wai times and rude reception staff!!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1867746].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 16, 2013

Dr Cooper is outstanding! He is a good mentor and doctor. Overall I believe him to be an outstanding individual as well. As a practitioner in the field of dentistry,I would recommend no other.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1867745].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 18, 2013

This is the worse dam orthodontist in this region. I am so disappointed that woodard left, but Cooper is the rudest business office I know

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1867744].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 7, 2013

My children were originally under a different orthodontist, who we loved. However, he sold the practice due to ailing health, and it was bought out by Dr. Cooper. Working with this orthodontist is a nightmare. We have been berated, talked down to and had to watch while he treats his staff the same way. We are doing everything asked of us, however, each time we go in we are lectured and accused of not following the treatment plan. Wait times are long. Getting an appintment is difficult yet the doctor blames his patients for not coming in often enough. He is rigid, takes no repsonsibility and is difficult to work with. I have never experienced anything like this. I would love to change doctors, but the braces were already paid for before he took over the practice. The staff are doing the best they can, but the whole atmosphere of this office has changed since Dr. Cooper came on board.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1867743].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 5, 2012

This doctor is not concerned with patient care. He is concerned with dragging out treatments. He will keep the "extended" timeline he agrees to, even if unneccisarily. I would not recommend him. His staff is quick to ask for payments, without having the equipment he needs to perform the treatments. Take time to research. I am not sure about his Rock Hill office, I have not been there.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1867742].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 24, 2011

You will wait unbearable amounts of time for your appts. as others have said. Appts. are difficult to schedule because they claim they only schedule "special appts." a couple times a month, and they might not work into YOUR schedule prolonging your treatment. It is not unusual to wait at least an hour in the waiting room.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1867741].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 13, 2010

Even though my son's case was rather difficult, this orthodontist had no problem taking our money and causing further damage to his palete. We eventually had to see another doctor. All in all my son's, now beautiful teeth, cost us over $8,000.00. AVOID Dr. FORD COOPER AT ALL COSTS and see a smaller independant doctor like (no kidding) Dr. Steven Smiley. He wasn't cheap but did a wonderful job on my son's teeth!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1867740].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 3, 2010

Like everyone else, longer than time frame discussed (3.5 years - he told me 2). Also, long wait times in the reception area. I tried to "sign in" over the phone in advance so I wouldn't have to take so much time off of work and they wouldn't allow that. Also, I have small gaps between incisors and huge, food grabbing gaps between my molars. His pricing was cheap though.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1867739].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 10, 2010

I had the same problems. Both of my daughter's saw him. He told me that both of them would only wear the braces 1 1/2 to 2 yrs both were over 5 yrs. One of staff memeber's chip one of my daughter's front teeth they knew that she had filling on both her front teeth. Dr Cooper told when it had they would pay, but he wouldn't take her wire off so the dentist could fix it. He said that she would have to wait until time for her braces to come off, which turned out being over 3 yrs from the time they broke it. Then when she asked about him paying for it he refused too. And he told the same daughter she wasn't doing what he told her so he was take her braces off early. Both girls teeth are not right and well have redone. We had a lot of problems with the staff he had working on their braces. I'm not happy at all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1867738].votes_count ]]