Rate Dr. Pietro A. Memmo

Dr. Pietro A. Memmo's Ratings

I've had 3 appointments and had to wait every time from one to two+ hours. He was able to diagnose my problem quickly, is very perceptive and knowledgeable, just has too many patients to see. I sense he can discern a whiner from someone in real pain. I would NOT assume the overbooking of patients indicates greed. He's in demand because he's good and is reluctant to turn away anyone who needs his particular skills and experience. It's tough to turn away patients in pain. I know I was glad he fit me in altho' I'm sure it meant an even longer wait time for everyone. Unless you want to go to NYC, just bring a copy of War and Peace to read- and a comfortable cushion! If you don't have pain when you go, you will after sitting two hours in those dreadful chairs in the Hartford office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2401361].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 14, 2014

Dr. Memmo was supposed to start a treatment plan for me and ordered a bone scan and 30 days later still did not provide the necessary documentation to push the prior authorization through so that I could get the bone scan covered by the insurance company. He reassured me that it would take no more than 3 days and then we could get back to working on a treatment plan for my back and it is now 30 days later and nothing has happened. I called his office multiple times to speak to his admin regarding where we are in the process and they always tell me that their collegue must of been handling that and that they will call me back and they never do. In one of my conversations the admin was providing prescription drug advice and when I asked her if she was the nurse practicioner she paused for a minute and then said no she was an admin. I told her that this one is new to me since i have never been given Rx advice from an admin and someone without any medical training.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][647192].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2013

This was the most arrogant dr I have ever come across, and I worked for doctors over 30 years. I went to him because his associate was so good with my husband. I waited over a hour the first time and he saw me for 10 minutes and I still didn't know what was wrong with my back. I didn't even get a chance to ask questions. Went to physical theropy which didn't help and had another MRI. Went back to see him at 8:15 AM and he was already running behind seeing 3 people at once. This is no way to run a office. He was so rude and unhelpful. He doesn't let you finish a sentence and acts like your wasting his time He forgets we are paying him and the trouble it takes for people to make these appointments are difficult. I'm sure he has helped people, but I feel it's a crap shoot. If your one of the lucky ones to get answers the rest pay for it, he has to play catch up. This wxperience was very disheartening and I'm still in pain. There are way to many other doctors out there.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][647191].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2013

I treated with Dr Memmo for 3 years for herniated discs. He is good at performing an injection, should you need one but don't ask questions. This man is arrogant, rude and has horrible "bed side" manner. It's very evident he has no compassion towards people. He is every reason a person should not go into medical practice. He behaves more aggressively if you question his treatments or inquire about your condition. He seems more concerned about getting patients in and out quickly - the more people you can see, the more money you can make. It's a real shame as many of the doctors in this practice are so good. They should consider getting this one out of their practice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][647193].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 8, 2013

His office 'help' is the very worst. They will promise to send a referral to the doctor that you have been referred to by Dr. Memmo, but you can bet they won't do it. They don't care at all and will talk on their cell phone to boyfriends and ignore you. Awful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][647190].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 22, 2013

I was referred to him by my ortho Dr. His staff was not really friendly but he was. I waited a half an hour just to see him but he took his time with me and explained things to me that made me feel good. I am going thru workmans comp for him so right now the delay is on them and not the Dr. I felt he was warm and caring and I felt like he cared how I felt. I would recommend him to people.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][647189].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 17, 2011

Dr Memmo has been most concerned with my problems and has spent an inordinate amount of time with h

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][647188].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 3, 2011

I was referred to Dr. Memmo by my orth surgeon. I had been hit by lightning and suffered many unusual problems. He was a last ditch effort for me and I am so glad I saw him. He was able to diagnose RSD, which so many other doctors had missed. My injury was a workers comp case which complicated things further. He was always professional and caring. Never in a hurry and always willing to answer questions. I had several nerve blocks done with him and again his meticulousness and professionalism was always present. Later when I needed letters and records from his office they where sent promptly and very comprehensive and complete. When he was referred me for physical therapy, he followed my progress and gave very specific instructions to therapist. After he had done all he could for me, he referred me to a pain clinic where I could get further help.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][647187].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 15, 2010

I waited for over an hour both times I have seen him and spent 10 minutes with him. First time told pain was my posture even though I had a MRI which clearly showed what the problem was sent to therapy and nerve testing and to go back. guess what now he thinks it might be a joint problem, gave literature and cream and sent on my way. Would I recommend him, NO. I wanted to have relief when I wnet to hime not 6 physical therapy appointmetns that did nothing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][647186].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 5, 2010

Always in a rush, does not listen to patient, poor people skills. Bad combination for a doctor. look elsewhere for medical professionalism.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][647185].votes_count ]]