Rate Dr. Munish Lal

Dr. Munish Lal's Ratings

I had neck surgery that left me in mod-severe pain, my surgeon referred me to Dr. Lal in 06. At first he was fine,put me on meds and did Injections as I need them. He had a private practice,all procedures were done in a Surgery Center with Anesthesia.Then he bought out Dr.Cullen for the Pain Clinic,started doing procedures at the clinic, without any Anesthesia,Epidurals were OK, but when I received Facet Joint Inj,it was very painful,I would scream in pain. As the years went by the pain started increasing, he increased my pain meds, the procedures became less effective,had MRI eventually,Lal said nothing was wrong! I read report-,it said there was degeneration in one area. In summer of 2013, pain was excruciating,Lal told me it was because I was taking too much pain meds and tried to wean me off,the pain became worse,he didn't care,He wouldn't increase my meds or do anything for my pain. I told him to refer me out--I had it with him!!! I now see Dr. Butz, My pain is gone! No Meds!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1869338].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Lal for 5 years now. He has been very professional and compassionate. I have had 6 injections from him and always got relief from each injection. When I arrive the front staff is always friendly and know me by name. I hardly wait more than 10 minutes before I get taken back for my appointment. I have recommended Dr. Lal to many of my friends and will continue to do so. I agree if you are just looking for medication he is not one to go to, he likes to fix your pain not just medicate it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1869337].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 4, 2014

I saw Dr. Lal about 10 days ago for an exam for recurring low back pain which he had successfully treated previously with spinal injection. I waited less than 10 minutes prior to being roomed and then only a couple of minutes before seeing Dr. Lal. He was professional and took the time to review my chart and a report from a surgeon to whom he had referred me. He performed a thorough examination and took time to answer my questions without making me feel rushed. We scheduled a procedure for yesterday and from my point of view it went flawlessly. Again, I barely waited before going in to start the procedure. Dr. Lal was friendly but professional, warned me when something was going to be uncomfortable, and finished in a matter of minutes. The technician who works with him and the other staff members were friendly, relaxed, but professional as well. A day later my symptoms are diminished at least 50% and I actually forgot to take pain medication. Excellent MD and staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1869336].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2013

My experience with Dr. Lal has been excellent, both my mother and my husband are patients of his. My mother had sharp shooting pain in her back and going down her leg. Her pain was so bad she had to stop bowling and exercising (which she has been doing for years) She had four procedures from Dr. Lal and her back pain is now under control (without medications) and now she is able to exercise and bowl again. My husband was hurt at work and now after seeing Dr. Lal he is able to go back to work next month. After reading these comments from people it is evident that all they want is medications(drugs). If all you want is drugs then Dr. Lal is not the doctor to go to. After listening to him at appointments with my mother and husband, his approach is to alleviate pain with procedures not to simply prescribe drugs. So if you are wanting to get back to the activities you were able to do before your pain and you are not just wanting to take drugs, Dr. Lal is definitely who you should see.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1869335].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 13, 2013

I see Dr Lal monthly since 2007. The last couple months he has cut my meds into 3rds but wants to refer me to UC Davis for reconstructive back surgery. He has also refered me to another specialist in Chico for nerve testing, so after all these years- why is he now cutting back my meds? I just dont understand.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1869348].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2013

Dr Lal ,has many legal troubles thats interferring with dr Lal practice .lately hez been cutting his patients downdown on their opieds and is working towards getting them off the meds entiryband going to a more basic treatment by sticken some kind of needle in their backs ans i herd from any of this space instead this treatment isnt worki.g very well.Its in my believe that he's lost his ability to write Triple X prescriptions as part of a punishment for his DUI and running into another operating vehicle while driving a hundred miles an hour down the road and it is to my understanding that the person that he ran into is suing him now we also know that he had to get some kind of consequences my sister came home crying and very upset that she might lose her medication and start hurting again like she was before medication and she's hurt because now she can't trust that her doctor is telling the truth because of his own seems like he's afraid he's going to lose his practice

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1869347].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 30, 2013

THIS DOCTOR SPOKE WITH ME FOR APPROXIMATELY 3 MINUTES. HE INSTANTLY TOLD ME THAT MY PROBLEM WAS JUST A TRIGGER POINT AND THAT I SHOULDN'T BE HAVING SUBSTANTIAL PAIN FROM THAT. HE SAID THAT I DIDN'T NEED THE PAIN MEDS AND HE CUT THE RX IN HALF. TREATED ME LIKE I WAS LYING ABOUT MY SYMPTOMS AND WOULDN'T LISTEN. HE FINALLY ACTUALLY LOOKED AT MY BACK AFTER I INSISTED BUT HE STILL CLAIMED IT SHOULDN'T BE CREATING SO MUCH PAIN. HE SCHEDULED AN APPOINTMENT AND I HAD THE INJECTION IN MY BACK. ABSOLUTELY NO RELIEF AT ALL. I DID NOT RETURN FOR THE NEXT ONE. I WAS FINALLY REFERRED TO DR. PARAMJIT SINGH WHO DIAGNOSED ME WITH CERVICAL DYSTONIA. I AM NOW BEING TREATED FOR THE CORRECT DIAGNOSIS AND HOPEFULLY WILL BE ABLE TO LIVE MY LIFE AGAIN. I HOPE MUNISH LAL WILL BE FOUND GUILTY IN THIS CAR CRASH INCIDENT AND WILL LOOSE HIS MEDICAL LICENSE. HE IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST DOCTOR I HAVE EVER BEEN TO OR HEARD OF!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1869346].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 25, 2013

Don't go to thiS awful male.While he was purchasing the ppractice from Dr. Cullen he called up her pts to meet them. He charged 110.00 to tell me he was going to "get" her drug addicted patients off meds did no exam or question me about my problems wbich includex two surgeries scoliosis deteriorating bone disease arthritis minor spina bifida and ma y mord pfoblems

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1869345].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 2, 2013

I too was treated horrendously by Dr. Lal. His staff was pleasant but the racist doctor treats his patients with disdain. My back is shot out, bottom line, has been for over a decade and get's worse with each advancing year. Simply because some morons decide to run a muck with Oxycontin, legitimate patients, like myself are made to suffer for the sake of societies hysteria over pain medication. Dr. Lal enjoys standing squarely between his patients and the medicine they so desperately need. Some of his patients he's abused to the point of tears. Myself, he flat out refused to even have so much as a conversation with concerning my condition. My last meeting was so bad I confronted him about backing out of the room while I was attempting to converse with him and successfully shamed him into giving me my money back for the office visit. Now that he's been arrested for felony DUI after smashing his Ferrari at over 100mph, I see he was just projecting his own lack of control.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1869344].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 12, 2013

This guy was awful to me! I have gone through hell and back and he had the nerve to attack me for being on anti-depressants and sleeping medications. I went in there in high spirits and left unable to stop crying. He accused me of being a drug addict and went as far as to threaten to call all of the physicians in chico to make sure they wouldn't give me pain medication!!! He informed me (did not ask me) that I would be stopping all meds cold turkey and after I said no he referred me to another doctor to put me on suboxone. He be-littled my character, my pain, and any dignity I had. Do not go to him! Especially if you haven't had surgery or cancer because apparently that's the only time you should be in pain.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1869342].votes_count ]]