Rate Dr. Eric Hurowitz

Dr. Eric Hurowitz's Ratings

Bless Dr. Hurowitz. Wonderful, kind, caring doctor. I find he is very knowledgeable, eager to understand concerns from his patient's perspective and open-minded. I recently had a flexible sigmoidoscopy done and Dr. Hurowitz made me feel comfortable and explained everything during the procedure. His assistant, Gloria, is also wonderful and goes above and beyond. Great team!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1869686].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 23, 2013

My mother saw Dr. Hurowitz during an ER visit at Scarborough Grace and I have never seen such a compassionate and kind doctor. When my weak mother wanted to use the public washroom, it was dirty. Not only did he see her distress, but he CLEANED it for her! Also, when the xray results came in, he took time to explain the results to us in lay-terms and actually recommended treatment options to help with her symptoms. During my mom's cancer, we saw MANY doctors and Dr. Hurowitz is someone who stands out amongst them all. THANK YOU!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1869685].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2012

I took my mother to Scarborough Grace on March 9/ 2012. I was very impressed by Dr. Hurowitz. He has a very gentle manner & questioned why my mother, a lady of 94 yrs was on so much meds. - As he stated this was a contributing factor to her problems.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1869684].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 10, 2012

Great doctor with excellent bedside manner. Explained my condition in words I understood and didn't rush to get to his next patient. I would most definitely recommend him to anyone needing a gastroenterologist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1869683].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 6, 2012

I have known Dr Hurowitz for over 15 years. He diagnosed me with Crohns when another Gastro was scratching his head. He is very down to earth with not a trace of arrogance. You get the feeling that he cares about you. The only criticism I would have that he gives very precise information and does not expand on his diagnosis. I dont know if this due to time constraints. However he is a well respected in his field.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1869682].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 11, 2011

My favourite doctor in this world. Very compassionate and understanding! Dr. Hurowitz rocks!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1869681].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2011

Lovely doctor. On-time, knowledgeable, patient, and spent the time to explain my condition and the treatment he was providing. I would recommend him to anyone seeking a gastroenterologist. His receptionist, Gloria, is a pleasure. A+

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1869680].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 15, 2011

I took my father to get a scope done, I waited in the reception for the full hour or so, I have to say the whole atmosphere is very friendly, welcoming and comforting (not the decor). My father was nervous (to say the least) but he came out of the procedure very pleased as there was no discomfort and the staff treated him so well. The secretary is very pleasant, easy going, accomodating while remaining on the ball. The nurses even offered my 3 yr old a treat while she patiently waited. You have a great team Dr.U.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1869679].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2010

I have been dealing with Dr. Hurowitz since 2004. He is on top of things and even though it took every test possible to diagnose me he didn't give up until he found out what was wrong. I highly recommend him to anyone looking for a compassionate Dr. that will keep going until he figures out how to help.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1869678].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2010

Through, understanding, calm, compassionate, and never rushed with a patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1869677].votes_count ]]