Rate Dr. Eric Hurowitz

Dr. Eric Hurowitz's Ratings

Dr. Hurowitz is a wonderful doctor. If only more doctors were like him – so caring and compassionate. The wait time for a first appointment is 2-3 months, but its worth the wait. Within a few minutes of being in his office he had me laughing and feeling at ease. His secretary was very friendly and helpful despite being very busy with patients and phone calls. A very pleasant office!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2640109].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2014

Fantastic doctor. Kind, caring and patient. His office staff is wonderful as well. Always on time and follow up is great.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2616655].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 12, 2014

Staff took 13 months to contact me for a follow up test. They claimed to have left "3 messages" at my home number. Somehow, when they asked my family doctor's office to follow up, they were able to contact me immediately at the number that they claimed to have called. I hope that her ineptitude hasn't cost me my life.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2580973].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 16, 2014

Bless Dr. Hurowitz. Wonderful, kind, caring doctor. I find he is very knowledgeable, eager to understand concerns from his patient's perspective and open-minded. I recently had a flexible sigmoidoscopy done and Dr. Hurowitz made me feel comfortable and explained everything during the procedure. His assistant, Gloria, is also wonderful and goes above and beyond. Great team!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1869686].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 23, 2013

My mother saw Dr. Hurowitz during an ER visit at Scarborough Grace and I have never seen such a compassionate and kind doctor. When my weak mother wanted to use the public washroom, it was dirty. Not only did he see her distress, but he CLEANED it for her! Also, when the xray results came in, he took time to explain the results to us in lay-terms and actually recommended treatment options to help with her symptoms. During my mom's cancer, we saw MANY doctors and Dr. Hurowitz is someone who stands out amongst them all. THANK YOU!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1869685].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2012

I took my mother to Scarborough Grace on March 9/ 2012. I was very impressed by Dr. Hurowitz. He has a very gentle manner & questioned why my mother, a lady of 94 yrs was on so much meds. - As he stated this was a contributing factor to her problems.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1869684].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 10, 2012

Great doctor with excellent bedside manner. Explained my condition in words I understood and didn't rush to get to his next patient. I would most definitely recommend him to anyone needing a gastroenterologist.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1869683].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 6, 2012

I have known Dr Hurowitz for over 15 years. He diagnosed me with Crohns when another Gastro was scratching his head. He is very down to earth with not a trace of arrogance. You get the feeling that he cares about you. The only criticism I would have that he gives very precise information and does not expand on his diagnosis. I dont know if this due to time constraints. However he is a well respected in his field.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1869682].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 11, 2011

My favourite doctor in this world. Very compassionate and understanding! Dr. Hurowitz rocks!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1869681].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2011

Lovely doctor. On-time, knowledgeable, patient, and spent the time to explain my condition and the treatment he was providing. I would recommend him to anyone seeking a gastroenterologist. His receptionist, Gloria, is a pleasure. A+

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1869680].votes_count ]]