Dr. Edward J. Smith

Rate Dr. Edward J. Smith

Dr. Edward J. Smith's Ratings

I can get appointment fast,he tries to respect people's time and doesn't make you wait hours in waiting maybe that's why when i phone receptionist tells me it will be for specific problem and not multiple problems,yearly check up I have long appointment and takes time to answer my questions. If he doesn't treat specific conditions eg/ following pregnancies he will refer early. He's up to date with medical knowledge and still teaching doctors. from reading comments I agree with some of you but health care is getting worse and doctors nurses etc can't please everyone and sometimes patients may have unrealistic expectations of our doctors who are trying there best in health care system that keeps getting worse

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1871892].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2011

I called this doctor early September 2011 explaining I am a fibromyalgia patient and wanted access to trigger point injection therapies. I was told they do see these patients but would need a referral. My family doctor sent the referral on Sep. 16th with a fax confirmation. I spoke to Dr. Smith's office today, Dec. 1st and was told that they never received the referral. The receptionist was quite pissy with me through the entire conversation. The last thing I said to her was "thanks for being so pleasant". My doctor received a note from them not 30 minutes later saying they DON'T treat fibromyalgia patients. What a joke this place. It's hard to believe that a health care professional, and I use that term lightly, could treat a chronically ill patient like this. Stay away from this guy!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1871891].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 1, 2011

Excellent doctor - the best! Support staff are very friendly and helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1871890].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2011

He has forgotten why he became a doctor and that is to help patients physically and emotionally;obviously he's forgotten on how to do both; as long as he gets your money, sure he'll see you; I've been going to him for 20 years and there has been a change in him and for the worse; he's become greedy; by the way a doctor cannot dismiss you for just sending in a letter of complaint about his secretary. She was to set up an appointment with a specialist for me and I haven't heard a thing to this day...it's been 2 yrs! With the lack of doctors, he puts this over our heads, "pay up or be without a doctor" - where's the caring there! If you have a choice between him or another doctor, see the other doctor unless you are rich!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1871889].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2011

From what I heard he is a great doctor. But I have to agree with what people are saying. Horrible bed side manner. But he got me fixed up. So I don't care

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1871888].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 14, 2011

Horrible bedside manners. Doesn't like to answer valid questions and when he does, he makes a point of trying to make you look stupid. He is very condescending and I would NEVER recommend this doctor to anyone. As well, his receptionist is in a perpetual bad mood. Mind you, I would be too if I worked with this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1871894].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 2, 2011

This man is obsessed with making money. He has no bedside manner and treats his patients like children who need lectures. He told my father that it was his own fault that he got lung cancer. And that he is going to die quickly. I was in shock. I a m all for telling it like it is but does it have to be so cold and rude? I would never recommend this man to anyone. He needs a refresher on patient care and bedside manners.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1871887].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2011

What can I say the doc knows his stuff! If you're ill he will make time to see you the very same day! How many docs offer that service? He'll take interest in what's going on in your life as it relates to your health. You hardly ever wait. His secretary keeps the place running just like a Swiss watch! His bed side manners are on the rought side ,but then I there to get medical attention ,not looking for spa treatment.Keep up the good work people

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1871886].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2010

Dr Smith has been my physician for the past 30 year. He is an exceptional doctor and a very compassionate individual. From traditional to natural/holistic medicine, Dr Smith also believes in preventative medicine. Dr Smith's nurse is a very competent professional and she has always been very kind & helpful to me, I'm always treated with the utmost respect and care. I always get an appointment when I need one and I never have to wait.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1871885].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 12, 2009

After having waited 3 months for a referral and another month to book an appointment, Dr. Smith had cancelled an appointment the hour prior due to a "family emergency". It also happened to be a beautiful Friday... His receptionist had booked me for the following Monday though I had a previously scheduled appointment. She became quite rude and would not allow the opportunity to speak and would keep cutting me off and refused to allow me to speak to Dr. Smith or have him return my call. I wrote a letter to Dr. Smith regarding her behavior and lack of class, manners and social skills which I believe she received and responded directly under his name dismissing me under his care... Doctor/Patient relations are very important, but so is being treated with dignity and respect.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1871884].votes_count ]]