Rate Dr. Robert Koby

Dr. Robert Koby's Ratings

Submitted Aug. 12, 2014 | flag

I feel so fortunate to have doctor Koby as my gyno. Having had a very complicated pregnancy due to fibroids, he was there to reassure, examine and take great care of me. Yes he is always in a rush but that's because he does all of his deliveries so I think it's a fair reason to be late to appointments. I've had obstetricians prior to him with equally long waits and they didn't even do their deliveries. If it wasn't for him my delivery would have ended up in a emergency c section. He is also very knowledgeable and was right about every aspect of my pregnancy from day 1. He also does his own surgeries and he operated my fibroids and there was no complications. He is very well respected by the hospital staff and I felt respected as his patient. His staff is wonderful & his office is very organized. If you are looking for a friend to chat with he is not for you, but if you want a real DR with real experience I highly recommend him. I wish he could be my doctor 4 everything. God Bless him!

Submitted July 12, 2013 | flag

Just wonderful. The best obgyn I have met (and I have tried MANY before I found this terrific MD!). Wanted to have my baby at the JGH, but switched to RVH to get this one in a million doctor!

Submitted June 19, 2013 | flag

Hi, my comments come many years later. The birth of my daughter went well with Dr Koby. But after that, when I had many miscarriages, he told me "just keep trying" . I finally found out by myself that I had a blood condition and lost many years investigating alone. One time he told me I would have local anesthesia for a d&c but once at the hospital it was a different story. Since I had eaten it was too late to change things. He gave me "local anasthesia" but did not wait before starting the procedure. It was the most horrbile event of my life. He then gave the fetus to my husband in a plastic and paper bag to bring to another hospital for testing. I do blame these events for having onely one chile. Wasted years.Also it is unacceptable to perform surgery without being frozen. So, he's good when things are going well, but if not watch out.

Submitted Jan. 23, 2013 | flag

I had a mixed experience with Dr. Koby. During the pregnancy everything was fine, and I was really happy to learn that Dr. Koby, unlike other doctors in Montreal, will personally deliver my child. My labor was progressing perfectly: being first delivery, I was 10 cm dilated by 8 pm after 15 hrs in labor. At 9 pm Dr. Koby over the phone gave the order to nurses to make me push. My nurse said then that this was wrong since the baby didn't descent enough and pushing at that point would be useless and tiring. I asked her to try to do something about it. She spoke to nurse in charge, but in vain, Dr. still wanted me to push. Nurse mentioned then that Dr. Koby is notorious for rushing the events when he wants to go home. Finally, after 3.5 hours of exhausting unsuccessful pushing, my baby started to have heart decelerations, and I was left with two options: forceps or c-section. My son was delivered with forceps with ugly marks on his face, luckily with no complications. Judge for yourself.

Submitted April 21, 2012 | flag

Dr. Koby is an amazing OB/GYN. He is very kind, knowledgeable and attentive. He will answer all your questions and address all your concerns as long as you make the known. But please, for the love of God, do something about the lack of punctuality. I understand that he is extremely busy, and that his schedule is not always predictable. May I suggest that, as soon as you know that the Dr. is running more than an hour late, you call his scheduled patients and let them know that at least they don't have to rush? Because it is highly annoying to rush to get there on time only to sit in the waiting room for two hours. Any consideration will be appreciated, and the patients will love you that much more. Thank you.

Submitted March 2, 2012 | flag

Well it is a fact that the waiting is long, but what can you expect from an amazing professional. Dr.Koby has delivered my three children, the last being twins and although the twin pregnancies was a high risk toward the end, he was very supportive and avaialble. I think people who complain about Dr. Koby perhaps have never had bad experiences with other Dr. Word of advice. When you go see Dr.Koby make sure you have your questions ready, have a sense of humor, and bring him chocolates. This will release his stress and perhaps yours as well. He is a fabulous, amazing Dr. and I would highly recommend him but sorry he does not take new patients. Love you lots Dr.Koby.Mary Zver

Submitted Aug. 9, 2011 | flag

Dr.Koby is amazing.Sure he is usually late but I can understand being that he delivers his own patients and has many people to see.I know that I can count on him to be there for my delivery as he was for the birth of my daughter.Not many obgyn's deliver their own patients today,so to have him follow you through your whole pregnancy and then be there for the delivery it is awesome.I had a miscarriage the first pregnancy and he was very supportive(as was his staff)and very sympathetic and he did take the time to answer any questions I had for him,even with my second pregnancy which went super well.He is quick with answering the questions but regardless I still got answers no matter what.I could not ask for a better doctor.He knows exactly what he is doing and he is very knowledgeable and competent.I would recommend him 110% to everyone. I have done so already and let me tell you everyone is really happy they changed and went to see Dr.Koby! Great doctor, truly irreplaceable!

Submitted June 15, 2011 | flag

Staff cancelled necessary procedure without prior notice twice(for the same operation)When confronted,staff offered no valid reason for either cancellation.They did not offer alternate date,because they "had no idea when would be spot open for this already postponed(and necessary)procedure at the local hospital(RVH). Because of their incopetence,I've lost already two days of work,and the pain that I suffer will be with me indefinitely it seems. Avoid this doctor's office,if you can!

Submitted April 28, 2011 | flag

Dr. Koby is knowledgeable, competent, and skilled. He also double- and triple-books himself, averages 2-3 hours of waiting time for appointment, and often dispenses with the niceties of patient care. I trust him completely, and feel I get good medical care. Yet, I do have to yank him back in the room when I have questions or need more than two minutes of his time. And I have to remind him of my history because he does not take time to review my chart prior to my seeing him. This is the simple truth. I am willing to trade the negatives for the positives of his medical skills, but I wish his practice was generally better run. I will say, though, that the fact you cannot get through on their phone line for days is heinous. I had a complication after my first pregnancy and ended up going to the ER because I couldn't get through for two days.

Submitted March 7, 2011 | flag