Rate Dr. Rachel Kassenoff

Dr. Rachel Kassenoff's Ratings

After 2 years and 3 months of my first delivery experience, I can still not forget you and I need to write this letter in order to forgive you and let this experience go. I wish you had never been the first person to touch my baby. It is hard to forget. The nurse mentioned you were an expert on forceps and now I understand why, how can you become an expert on forceps? By not listening and caring about your patients, by rushing them, by not letting the body take its time to do the job, by forcing moms to do unnecessary procedures. Months later a nurse that was that day at the hospital saw me in a restaurant and came to me to ask how I was doing. She mentioned “I am sorry you went through all of that, it was bad luck you had Dr. Kassenoff that day, with the other doctors of that practice you would have never experienced that situation”. You have a direct impact on life, use your talent to do good, it goes further than delivering healthy babies and becoming the best at using forceps.

Submitted May 13, 2013 | flag

I saw Dr. Kassenoff for my first prenatal visit. She just seemed very rude and uncaring. She was in such a rush and didn't even ask me if I had any questions especially since its my first pregnancy. She didn't even congratulate me or smile when she told me I was pregnant. I am definitely changing OB's and not going back to her.

Submitted June 2, 2012 | flag

This whole experience was a TERRIBLE, the office is like a meat market,, too fast, too rude and too many people. To get any questions your on hold for ever, to get results your put on hold so long , that they end up hanging up and you must call back again, Stay away from this office and this doctor. She doesn't hear your complaints and is in a huge rush .

Submitted March 21, 2012 | flag

I saw dr Kassenoff about 4 years ago. I came upon her name again today in UrbanBaby, as I am now pregnant and searching for an OBGYN to lead me through the process. I can attest to the fact that dr Kassenoff is a terrible doctor - I went to her with severe PCOS (4 years ago, as mentioned), she did not do an ultrasound even though I asked for one and the whole visit was extremely brief (under 5 minutes). She put me on birth control pills at the end of the visit having done absolutely no visualization of my ovaries/uterus. I knew immediately that she had not proceeded in the correct way (I was a first year med school student back then, and now I am doing my OBGYN residency at Mount Sinai). I would NEVER diagnose and medicate a PCOS patient without a proper exam. My encounter with Dr Kassenoff was a one-time thing for obvious reasons, but I want to make sure other women don't waste their time and money (and more importantly their health) by booking an appointment with her.

Submitted Dec. 16, 2011 | flag

Rachel Kassenoff is a cold, unfeeling, uncaring doctor. One week after delivering my doctor, i went to see her and she asked if i'd had a girl or a boy. Couldn't be bothered to remember. I just went to see her with severe post-partum depression which has lasted a YEAR and she sat there stone faced and silent as I cried and said it's been a tough time. Then she took a 15-second vaginal exam that did not include anything other than a pap smear (no breast exam despite having breast cancer in my family, no rectal palpation). I was in and out of the room in about 4 minutes. Am NEVER going back.

Submitted Nov. 16, 2011 | flag

Had to wait for 45 minutes for an appointment, which (with blood drawing) lasted for 7 minutes (pregnancy check-up). Nobody came to me to tell me there would be a delay. When doctor walked in she said other patient needed special attention. Well, if you have a pregnancy check-up (hi-bye appt), you can run it really fast (like 3 minutes) and do what you need or at least tell me you are running late. Have seen Dr. Kurtz and Dr. Trentacoste in this practice and was happy with them. Office staff is always good and helpful. Overall, I am happy with practice, not with this doctor.

Submitted Nov. 5, 2011 | flag

When my pregnancy went sour, Dr. Kassenoff was ultra sensitive to our emotional needs and called at off hours to check on how we were doing. She is very honest and forward which is helpful.

Submitted Aug. 23, 2011 | flag

Dr. Kassenoff is the worst OB/GYN I have had. She delivered my baby (all well) but she was very cruel not only with me but also with the hospital staff. She is someone that does not listen to you and she is always in a rush. I really had a very bad experience with her.

Submitted April 19, 2011 | flag

Reading some of the prior reviews just goes to show you the psychology behind reviews and that, generally, it is the one or two people who have complaints that become the vocal minority. I am a fellow doctor (not ob) and patient of Dr. Kassenoff's and (from both a doctor's and patient's perspective) can vouch that Dr. Kassenoff and her practice generally are one of the best in New York City. When a patient of mine asks for a referral, I routinely recommend her practice. I would not do so if I did not personally think that she is the best at what she does, extremely knowledgeable and well-respected amongst her peers. As far as my pregnancy, it only reaffirmed my beliefs.

Submitted Dec. 29, 2010 | flag

The office staff is rude and incomptent. I have been trying since November 6th to have my medical records sent to my new Gynecologist. As of today, December 23rd, they still not have been sent to the correct address of my new physician. When I was diagnosed with a new condition, the doctor did not even take the time to go over the side effects with me. I would NOT recommended this office to anyone.

Submitted Dec. 23, 2010 | flag